Cheap mech mod/rebuildable set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So I want to get into mech mods. I've been watching videos and reading threads related to mech mods since I started vaping and I have a basic knowledge of wiring/electricity so I'll be plenty safe. Where can I get a decent mech mod and RDA that isn't going to break the bank? As well as the mod itself, I need an ohm checker, batteries, kanthal, wick/cotton, etc. I can get batteries, wick, and kanthal pretty cheap on amazon so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm trying to avoid ordering from China as well.

I was eyeing a Kamry K100 kit from 101 Vape for $30.00 but it's been out of stock for a while.

If I could get all of this for $100 that would be great, cheaper would be even better. Any links, advice, or comments would be appreciated. Thanks:)

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Okay. So I want to get into mech mods. I've been watching videos and reading threads related to mech mods since I started vaping and I have a basic knowledge of wiring/electricity so I'll be plenty safe. Where can I get a decent mech mod and RDA that isn't going to break the bank? As well as the mod itself, I need an ohm checker, batteries, kanthal, wick/cotton, etc. I can get batteries, wick, and kanthal pretty cheap on amazon so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm trying to avoid ordering from China as well.

I was eyeing a Kamry K100 kit from 101 Vape for $30.00 but it's been out of stock for a while.

If I could get all of this for $100 that would be great, cheaper would be even better. Any links, advice, or comments would be appreciated. Thanks:)

If you feel like waiting approx a month
Found 9 Kamry K100 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I got a KTS+ in, I really am liking it and the I-Atty RBA fits on it like a glove!
$17.45 KTS+ Mechanical Mod - chrome-plated brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$9.25 I-Atty Rebuildable Atomizer with Clear Tank (2.5mL) - 1*airhole / 1.0ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
The last time I tried to order something with a battery from FastTech I waited two months then got a refund. I'd rather pay $70 to an American company and get my stuff in a week than wait over two months before I get anything from China.

Here ya go $65 Kamry K101 (guy only deals in "Authentic High End devices..and has INCREDIBLE customer service)

Mechanical Devices – Vapor Logic Boutique

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
Do it man, Can't go wrong. honestly the magneto and the astro was my runner ups. Just heard some great things about the nemesis and now I understand haha. Might get me a brass one as well to add to the SS. along with an IGOw3. Also---- forgot to mention check out vapehappy.com, they have the nimbusXL clone for a good price, I honestly would look at that, It's like my nimbus,, but better Lol. More real estate to make coils and they do free drilling on the air holes. Honestly the cloudchaser kit isn't bad either. Take a look online at their website

Brennan4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles
I was looking at the magneto. I think I'm gonna go with that and an igo w3. I guess I'll just shop around til I find a price I'm happy with ^.^

I bought my Magneto here for $39 SS Magneto - Triangle Vape LLC
It's the v2 with the adjustable 510 pin, no Smok logo, and has extra vent holes drilled into the tube.

They have all the Igo-w's for $10-11
IGO-W - Triangle Vape LLC
IGO-W4 - Triangle Vape LLC

I personally love my Trident v2 clone $27 worth every penny Activape Online | trident 2 clone atomizer

Triangle Vape also has the best deals on batteries and chargers... If you can get your hands on them when they're in stock! Best prices they sell out super fast.
Batteries & Chargers - Triangle Vape LLC

Great vendor. Shipped out fast. Best of luck!

OH, almost forgot... don't forget an ohm meter to check your builds!

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Hello guys i am new with the ecigs and i bought a lot of cartriges of 1.8mg because i smoke regular cigarretes a lot so i thought i would need i high nicotine to start but turns out that the throat hit is too much and i dont like that, do you know if there is a way to smooth the hit a little bit? a dont know, with water

Just add food grade PG or VG

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009

Could buy 2 $9 IGO-L from triangle vape. Drill one for mouth to lung. Drill other for lung pull. 1.2 to 1.5 ohm single coil.

Brennan4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles
Triangle Vape is really active on their Facebook page, they update when they place orders, get tracking for their shipments so you get an idea when things are coming back in stock and snatch it up before it's all gone

https://www.facebook.com/TriangleVape

He posted on Feb 11 that he re-ordered LUC V4, VTC4, Efest 35A and Efest 30A.

I got the LUC V4 from here and for $25 it was better than anywhere else. VTC4 for $7! I say good things come to those who wait :D I'm gonna be lurking to order up those new Efest 35A batteries... only $7.50 and he's like the only one selling them that I know of. I wonder how much other vendors will charge for those

cvedrick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
League City, Texas

Are you going to sub-ohm much? dual coil ohm+ can get you just as much vapor and run on a VW/VV mod.

My sub ohm on 18650 drops till the voltage gets to 3.8v and loses the oomph to give me a good vape, a kick or VW on my dual nano dripper @1.4Ω will allow me to suck that battery dry and hit like a truck all the way.

IGO-W with 2 hole cap under 20, sigelei ZMAX-3 is 40 at desertvape, efest 18350s are $5 each and you can get a Nitecore Intelllicharger i2, 2 for around $10 to $15 off of amazon. Note that some of these also have the automotive adapter and run $5 higher.

The VV/Vw also lets yo dial the heat up or down to suit your juice. You may have a rocking setup for mechanical but it may not have enough oomph to vape your world or it might be so much that all of your juice tastes burnt

EH-pro and Hcigar both make pretty good quality mods, keep your eyes on 101 and they will be back in stock soon.

thespawn078

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Honolulu, HI
www.facebook.com
Well, my two cents is that I just purchased a Smoktech Sidewinder V1 18650 Mod from Madvapes.com for $24.99. The only drawback is that you may have to be a bit picky on your choice of atomizer because of the way it's set up. But, if you choose to use an eGo-threaded atomizer, you only need to spend another $2.49 for an adapter. 510-threaded atomizers (depending on the size) may need an adapter that raises the height in some way. Also, this Mod is available as an 18350 as well. You may also be able to buy it with both sizes together, but not sure on that site.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread