Cheap Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
Longer battery life, Removable batteries, VW/VV. There are way to many things that can change the way you enjoy your vape. I take it your battery is an EGO? pen style battery. If you are looking for something better for your Aspire maybe shoot for the istick 30W. I have not stopped using it since I got it! I also have a 165w box and a couple different mods but my main two are the iPV and iStick :)

This kit is just for the Battery but they also have one that include the charger and a 510/ego adapter for $38.
Eleaf iSmoka iStick 30W Battery Only

Huskey

Sep 16, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Longer battery life, Removable batteries, VW/VV. There are way to many things that can change the way you enjoy your vape. I take it your battery is an EGO? pen style battery. If you are looking for something better for your Aspire maybe shoot for the istick 30W. I have not stopped using it since I got it! I also have a 165w box and a couple different mods but my main two are the iPV and iStick :)

This kit is just for the Battery but they also have one that include the charger and a 510/ego adapter for $38.
Yes it is the EGO pen style. I actually have an Aspire Nautilus tank on the way with a wholesale order that I cannot go into detail about on this forum. Looking to find me a nice battery to go along with it. I think that if I had a long lasting battery and some money invested into it that it would persuade me to use it more than pulling out an old fashioned cancer stick lol

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I picked up a nemesis mod with case and tank on ebay for under $20. Protective Foam Holder Case Nemesis Zen Ameravape Atty Vape Mod | eBay panasonic batteries ( 3400ma protected cells 2 pack) are also available for under $20. they have cheaper batteries but many of these are fake. some of the 5300ma batteries only have a capacity of 400mah even though they look like 18650. I s.tarted with the e-go stick to find out if this would help me quite smoking tobacco then upgraded to a mod.more taste and vapor and longer battery life. been tobacco free for 6 weeks now after smoking for 43 years :D

Last edited:

Huskey

Sep 16, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I picked up a nemesis mod with case and tank on ebay for under $20. Protective Foam Holder Case Nemesis Zen Ameravape Atty Vape Mod | eBay panasonic batteries ( 3400ma protected cells 2 pack) are also available for under $20. they have cheaper batteries but many of these are fake. some of the 5300ma batteries only have a capacity of 400mah even though they look like 18650. I s.tarted with the e-go stick to find out if this would help me quite smoking tobacco then upgraded to a mod.more taste and vapor and longer battery life. been tobacco free for 6 weeks now after smoking for 43 years :D
That is awesome mauricem00. Was it upgrading from the e-go that really pushed you to stop stop or what?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

The batteries you describe are not recommended for vaping and should never be used in a unregulated mod.

Here's some good, common sense reading on good batteries for vaping.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected-icr.html

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
You can easily get the same vape without a Mechanical mod like stated... I am not going to tell you what to buy BUT if you buy a mechanical please read up on battery safety, and ohms law. You will need a quality charger and batts from a good vendor (not ever Ebay) as well as a Multimeter and ohm reader.

Unless you already have sufficient knowledge of the above I would advise you go with a Regulated VW mod..

EDIT: http://www.rtdvapor.com/ for batts and chargers, you will also need a rda/rta as your Aspire tank will be basically useless.. Recommended HIGH DRAIN batts are LG HE2 and Samsung 25R
Sorry to be a downer, I just don't approve of recommending Mechanical unregulated mods to Ego Users. Its a big jump and can be unsafe without the proper knowledge.
Please if you want power and battery life pick up an iStick 30 or 50 watt..

Last edited:

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
Yes it will work great with your Nautilus! I bought just the iStick without the charger on that site, charge it with my phone charger. Works fine. I have used the Atlantis, Subtank, 3 different drippers on it and it just works. Upgrading from an EGO will help no matter what. The iStick has great battery life and the 50w actually has 4400 MaH worth, which is more than any EGO ive seen. Personally I like the 30 watt and probably am going to pick up a couple more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread