Eleaf iStick Mod questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

John11

Oct 22, 2014
Canada
Hey everyone, i got a lot of good answers and opinions in my last 2 posts :) thanks! just hoping you can answer a couple of more dumb questions .

So now i have a nice little eGo setup with Aspire BDC series tanks. after some research and your inputs, I've decided to do a tiny upgrade to the iStick ( mostly because its tiny, but still have great battery, and looks good, and im too lazy and new to wanna make my own coils and all that) .

so anyways, the iStick,
1- can i use my current tanks with it? the Aspire BDC tanks? they were prtty cheap, like 9 bucks or so. or will i have to upgrade the tank as well? im still confused why some tanks are 5, and some are 40 bucks :D and would ProTank 3 be good IF i have to change my tank? that's around 15 bucks at the store. I dont wanna spend 40 bucks on a tank since the iStick is almost that price ! but some input of why and what tank would be great :) right now i would say the "hit" isn't as strong as i'd like it to be, but that could be the juice as well right? or will a better tank result in a better buzz and hit?

2- lets say in a year the battery doesnt hold charge, can i change the battery inside the iStick ? or its just better to replace the whole unit then since there will probably be a new one out by then?

Thanks again for your answers in advanced! :)

tacomenace21

Sep 13, 2014
Georgia
Hello,
1. You can keep using your old tanks with the istick, it comes with a 510 to ego adapter so you can keep using the same tank. Different tanks cost different prices because they all have different features, some are bigger some have adjustable airflow it all depends on what features you would like to have. My two favorite tanks are the Aspire Nautlis mini and the kanger aerotank. When I first switched from cigarettes I had to start at a higher nicotine level and a closed air draw to get me through the day. Now I'm at a very low nicotine level and have the air flow wide open. As far as the protank I can't say I have never used one.
2. I wouldn't recommend messing with the battery, there was a good review done by pbusardo on YouTube where he had taken one apart you should check that out and see what it takes

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
1. Stick with the nautilus mini if you buy a new tank...but you can fire your old tanks as well. Just dial down the watts.

2. You need to replace the istick wholesale from what I've seen. The sad truth is that you'll probably want something bigger and badder before the istick conks out on you anyway so don't worry. In a month or two you'll be posting pics of your $350 box mod that fires 250 watts. :vapor:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Hello,
1. You can keep using your old tanks with the istick, it comes with a 510 to ego adapter so you can keep using the same tank.

Make sure you read to make sure that this is correct. Some sites sell only the battery with nothing else. There are 3 different 'kits' 1. battery only 2. battery and ego adapter 3. battery, adapter and charging cable/wall wart. :)

John11

Oct 22, 2014
Canada
1. Stick with the nautilus mini if you buy a new tank...but you can fire your old tanks as well. Just dial down the watts.

2. You need to replace the istick wholesale from what I've seen. The sad truth is that you'll probably want something bigger and badder before the istick conks out on you anyway so don't worry. In a month or two you'll be posting pics of your $350 box mod that fires 250 watts. :vapor:

holy .... lol we have mods that fire 250watts? :O and this one is only like up to 20? sad truth is i will probably move up to something bigger soon, but i like the small box and nice design, and i mostly use it on the go when im going out, to clubs or work or friends, so i dont want a huge thing carrying around. but what is that many watts gonna do ? :O like a LOT of smokes?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
yes thats the site :) sorry i tried posting a link and i got an error page saying i cant post link! Lol . but thanks for doing that :D so any suggestions from the list there?

Freshmen are not allowed to post links. ;)

So remind me again what battery are you getting? It does make a difference.

John11

Oct 22, 2014
Canada
wth! lol that's so unfair! Im deleting my account -_- jks. but 2 more posts till im done being a freshman.

anyways, im gonna get the Eleaf iStick, like i said i have a 9 or 10 dollar Aspire BDC tank now, and its fine, no hassle, no wicks, just the head i gotta change, so i like that. but if those ones with airflow things will give me better vapour or more than 10 sec of vaping without being hot/ shut off, I'd spend the extra money and get one of those :) as long as its still easy to maintain!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
wth! lol that's so unfair! Im deleting my account -_- jks. but 2 more posts till im done being a freshman.

anyways, im gonna get the Eleaf iStick, like i said i have a 9 or 10 dollar Aspire BDC tank now, and its fine, no hassle, no wicks, just the head i gotta change, so i like that. but if those ones with airflow things will give me better vapour or more than 10 sec of vaping without being hot/ shut off, I'd spend the extra money and get one of those :) as long as its still easy to maintain!

hard to say if you would like the adjustable airflow or not. I do like to be able to adust it as the airflow does make a difference in flavor and vapor for me. Some like a tight draw and some like an airy draw. With the airflow adjustment you are able to adjust to your own tastes.

Good luck!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Som for the iStick, you really need a higher resistance single coils or any dual coil atomizer. They work best on that little overpowered beast.

I never had any luck with Aspire BDC coils--I have an Aspire ET-S (eGo-style) and I find the draw to be extremely tight, so I don't use it anymore. What tank do you have? If has a tight draw, it will underperform on the iStick--IMO.

If you like Aspire coil, you may try a Nautilus Mini (with BVC coils). A lot of people love that combination.

I prefer kanger tanks, so I'd recommend an AeroTank. I love mine--it has a beautiful air flow control base and works great. The coils are inexpensive and easy to clean, dry burn and can even be rebuilt.

Do you have a ProTank 3? If so, you can easily convert it to an almost Aerotank by swapping the existing base for the Aerotank base--those can be purchased separately.

With me so far? :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
yes thats the site :) sorry i tried posting a link and i got an error page saying i cant post link! Lol . but thanks for doing that :D so any suggestions from the list there?

I'm looking around as we speak--a bit pricey for my taste... What's your dollar nowadays? .89 US dollar?

Have you checked CanVape? They have a subforum here on ECF.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canvape/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread