Cheapo Gummy Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewsterfrank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
i made a couple tank mods using shan burkholders tutorial and while they worked ok i just didnt like having to take apart the ce2's. so after the big thing with the gummy/liguinator ordeal i decided to make a cheap knock-off gummy tank.

1. i used a 20ml syringe and cut it down to 1 3/4" (removing the end and the tip)
2. next i took the rubber plungers from the one i cut and one from another 20ml syringe. using a dead atty i punched a hole in the center
3. i cut two slits in a ce2 clearo (no dremel at this time for cutting metal ones)
4. inserted one of the rubbers into the tube then the ce2 in the other one and slid the whole thing together
5. being as it was all a tight fit i filled it with a syringe just as you would the ce2 normally
6. connected it to a battery and tested it and it works awesome, much better than the first tanks i made

so in honor of gummy this is my cheapo gummy tank Image0001.jpg Image001.jpg Image0091.jpg sorry pic quality is bad web cam is not the best

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
Sweet! Great gob! I did almost the exact same thing only I have a clear xl dual coil in the middle. I also used a syringe tube for the middle so when I need to change the cart out I just take the clear tube off a new one, pull the dead one out of the gummy tank, and slide the new guts in. No more cutting slots or drilling holes :) and if you simply hold the bottom up while you do it you don't have to empty the tank.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Just made this with a 10mL syringe. Had a heck of a time gettin' the syringe seals in and somewhat straight. Used a 3mL syringe modded clearo and drilled 4 random holes in it with a dremel.

I got some of the beveled faucet washer and had trouble drilling/cutting/grinding the hole; but with the syringe seal, piece o' cake. And with no worries on cuttin' a piece o' this to fit over the cup seal and a piece o' that for this other thing and gettin' the other end seated and sealed, etc, had this done in about 10 minutes. Of course, 5 of those minutes were my uncoordinated self trying to get the syringe seal in and straight! :lol:

Here it is on my Puck:
GTvbf-h.jpg

Kudos to GummyBear, brewsterfrank and harmonic!!!!!

Here's enough for all ya :D
Kudos50.jpg

Last edited:

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
@drewk302
It works like a charm. the wick or pollyfill takes the juice up to the coil with no need to tip or shake and done right it works with cartos too.

@brewsterfrank
You good sir are doing it right. My hat is off to you for the respect.

@ all
Thanks guys for all the support. And to frizz off all those rip off artists please make sure to use it's proper name, (even if your talking about their stuff) Everyone knows, it's a GUMMY TANK. I am working on getting some really nice ones to market but as you know it is expensive and slow.

MAP tanks have and always will be MAP tanks (along with storm's and the syringe mods)
M.A.P. is a cool guy. I have never had an issue with him.

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
@ all
Thanks guys for all the support. And to frizz off all those rip off artists please make sure to use it's proper name, (even if your talking about their stuff) Everyone knows, it's a GUMMY TANK. I am working on getting some really nice ones to market but as you know it is expensive and slow.
These were quite lovely, and well made, from a little before your time.

10185d1276894233-tank-reservoir-bombinette-v2-lady-25mm-bombinettev2laiton.jpg

The top fill port was a nice touch.

9342d1274064832-tank-reservoir-bombinette-v2-lady-25mm-v2003.jpg

9343d1274065116-tank-reservoir-bombinette-v2-lady-25mm-v2001.jpg

His slicker version.

10656d1278552626-tank-reservoir-bombinette-v2-lady-25mm-image_094.jpg

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...7-tank-reservoir-bombinette-v2-lady-25mm.html

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
I have admired those ATOMIZER tanks since before I joined the forum, seems to me, though, that those took a lot of fiddling to get right. There is a huge difference between an atomizer and a cartomizer.

Not at all.
fill it up each morning and change the cart about every month or two.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
In the past I would get about a month from a CE2 before it would go off in taste. It would give about a weeks notice before it went south by turning the E-juice dark. Now they only seem to taste good for about 3 days and then die anywhere from 2 days to a week. I think the factory is screwing around with them to make them cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread