Status
Not open for further replies.

Nurzrachit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gray,GA.
Liberty flights, while a little overpriced has about 80 in stock last I checked. I will try to get pictures up I got some parts and my chibrid takes an 18650....

Let us know where you got the extension or post some pics how to make it. I totally want to encourage the use of good ingenuity in building and improving this gem.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Steammonkey has the extensions. I bought two in case I screwed one up modding it.
I used an abrasive cut off wheel at work to remove the male threads, then sanded it with an orbital sander to get it flush and semi bur free.

Now I just need to solder up my AGA top deck and I'll have a telescopic chebryid.

Nitrobex

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Martinsburg WV
Yep that is how I made mine 18650...
I did it all with a dremel you have to go just a little below the skinny ube can thread all the way through.
Cut off wheel, then I used the flat of the cut off wheel to sand it smooth then I used a cone grinding wheel to give it just a slight bevel.

Steammonkey has the extensions. I bought two in case I screwed one up modding it.
I used an abrasive cut off wheel at work to remove the male threads, then sanded it with an orbital sander to get it flush and semi bur free.

Now I just need to solder up my AGA top deck and I'll have a telescopic chebryid.

Nurzrachit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gray,GA.

Yep that is how I made mine 18650...
I did it all with a dremel you have to go just a little below the skinny ube can thread all the way through.
Cut off wheel, then I used the flat of the cut off wheel to sand it smooth then I used a cone grinding wheel to give it just a slight bevel.

Great cuz i am about to build #3. I got a two tone chee this time, and I want to deknurl and bake it bronze. Let me know if there are any other things you guys sre doing, and post pics so we can make this the low budget build of the year!

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Great cuz i am about to build #3. I got a two tone chee this time, and I want to deknurl and bake it bronze. Let me know if there are any other things you guys sre doing, and post pics so we can make this the low budget build of the year!

Just a technical note, baking bronze won't work out, you have to bake brass. :2cool:

On a side, anyone know where to get a Chi Chi replacement switch for ~$4? I don't recall which site I saw it on and which particular mod name it had... 'Chi Chi switch' does not google well.

Nurzrachit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gray,GA.
Just a technical note, baking bronze won't work out, you have to bake brass. :2cool:

On a side, anyone know where to get a Chi Chi replacement switch for ~$4? I don't recall which site I saw it on and which particular mod name it had... 'Chi Chi switch' does not google well.
Actually I meant a bronze color tone. Lol. It is solid SS. onry I really like the telescope version.

astrocity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
In a haze of vapor
Dang man if true I wasted $25 on a ROACHED,and MISLABLED AGA if that's the case. I'll post a picture of it tonight but it does appear to be the same from all I can tell.

I am absolutely gutted. :banghead::(

I know it's frowned upon but I'm in the market. $60 later and still no cheebrid....

Edit....this is what I have, far right....I'll still post pictures later....I've also recalled that I've misplaced the mech after coming home from a trip

qu6ugyty.jpg

Sent from my Note II via Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread