Chest pain, GERD symptoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Thanks again everyone. Probably TMI here, but I also found out I have thrush on my esophagus. So basically "vaper's tongue" most likely spread to my esophagus. I'm taking an anti-fungal pill for that and quitting all forms of nicotine or anything you have to inhale (besides air, LOL).

Just too many weird symptoms, feels like my whole system is out of whack, like I'm coming off speed or something. Not worth it.

Granted, I may have been masking some things with the smoking and then the constant vaping, and now it's all hitting me at once -- whatever the case, it's time to reset. Probiotics, stretching, exercise, fresh air, cutting out sugar and gluten and refined foods for awhile. Wheeee. :)
After quitting 42yrs of smoking I experienced some weird stuff. Mouth and throat was like a battle field.
Its amazing what inhaling burning tobacco masks.
Good luck going forward.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Ann74

Jun 19, 2019
After quitting 42yrs of smoking I experienced some weird stuff. Mouth and throat was like a battle field.
Its amazing what inhaling burning tobacco masks.
Good luck going forward.
Thanks! I haven't actually smoked cigarettes for about 1.5 years now, but I immediately replaced it with vaping and did that way too often, with way too much nicotine, so I'm sure it was a combo of things (that plus lots of stress on the side).

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Haha, yes, I've been trying to avoid a health kick for awhile but the time has come :) I tend to go to one extreme or the other. If you can vape in moderation, it's great. If you hit the Juul all day long for a year, you might end up with some issues, especially if you tend to get sick easily.

Yeah ya gorra do what ya gorra do. At least you now know you don't have to smoke again. Vaping is always there if needed, even if only for a day to overcome a strong desire to smoke. Good luck with it all.

• Optimistic

Alfred_Kaholic

Jul 23, 2019
I'm no doctor but whatever you described I had, I got EKG's done, wearable heart monitors, Endoscopy the whole nine yards. the heart is fine, lungs are fine, and MINOR gastritis so they prescribed me famotidine, which is generic Pepcid. everything persisted minus the acid reflux, so one day I was online and read an article about Heital hernias, which I've never heard of this condition before and the symptoms matched mine, so I decided to ask my GI doctor that did the Endoscopy if I had one and she quietly said yes. That ****** wouldn't tell me if I hadn't asked her. she could have saved me a year of agony and $8,000 worth of hospital bills. anyways enough of the venting, so all is well.

• Optimistic

Ann74

Jun 19, 2019
I'm no doctor but whatever you described I had, I got EKG's done, wearable heart monitors, Endoscopy the whole nine yards. the heart is fine, lungs are fine, and MINOR gastritis so they prescribed me famotidine, which is generic Pepcid. everything persisted minus the acid reflux, so one day I was online and read an article about Heital hernias, which I've never heard of this condition before and the symptoms matched mine, so I decided to ask my GI doctor that did the Endoscopy if I had one and she quietly said yes. That ****** wouldn't tell me if I hadn't asked her. she could have saved me a year of agony and $8,000 worth of hospital bills. anyways enough of the venting, so all is well.
Yes, the GI doctors did find a small hiatal hernia when they did an endoscopy, but they told me it was too small to cause symptoms and weren't even going to mention it on the report. But I've heard it can cause major problems, so I'm going to see a chiropractor that specializes in it. Also going to try some of the hiatal hernia stretches and techniques online. Let me know if you have any tips, thanks!

• Creative

Ann74

Jun 19, 2019
Best of luck. Some of this is pure quackery but if it works for you, well congratulations and hope you are able to stay away from nicotine.

Anna
Yes, when you don't get any medical answers to weird and ongoing symptoms, sometimes you have to do trial-and-error with quackery :) I'm even trying some herbal tinctures from the local herbal pharmacy. Pretty soon I'll be trying magic spells. :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
m fiOne of my favorite doctors ever who was treating me (at my request) with an off label medication "I don't care if waving a chicken over your head 75 times is what works, if it works."

Of course, my off label treatment did at least have theory and science behind it. :(

To be fair, some really weird stuff works. My mother went to China for a summer and learned Chinese herbology. I have NO DOUBT that like, some of that stuff works. (It's pretty intensive.) However, since my mother like, never had an answer to, "And how will this interact with the rest of my meds" I kind of had to pitch whatever she gave me....

Also I did see a naturopath for a time at the Tribe, it was free to employees. I mainly went for B-12 shots, those things are like rocket fuel.

But man.... Sometimes the stuff that works, it WORKS. The very first thing I told her was "NO St. John's wart." Then, she gave me this "special tea" and I was like "That looks like a recipe for poisoning, I'm not drinking it."

So I told her the next time and she listed the ingredients.... Which included St. John's wart. I was like "LADY I TOLD YOU."

Then she told me I had "special powers and deep intuition to not drink the tea." I was like "Uh huh let's just stick to rocket fuel from now on if you don't mind."

You can be a *PCP* in Arizona as a naturopath like insurance companies do not exclude it and also, it's the law. Also, more dumb Arizonians need to die, is my opinion, so like, I'm fine with it.

I sort of think about what my life would be if I had a naturopath as a doctor, and it starts to look terrifying.

Anna

Ann74

Jun 19, 2019
LOL. We visited Arizona recently and it is a different world out there, especially in Sedona ;-) Beautiful place, though! Yeah, I'm proceeding with caution. It's very frustrating not knowing what is going on -- now I'm having an itchy feeling inside my chest wall. I'm starting to think it's Costochondritis mixed with digestive issues, but who the heck knows. The more I worry about it and get anxious, the worse it gets, so anxiety isn't helping (which is why I think the nicotine was a trigger, because it increased anxiety). I have to be patient and accept it for now, embrace the unknown. At least it's not terribly painful, more annoying and weird than anything else.

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread