Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
A blow dryer will shrink the vinyl very neatly and easily. I find this the easiest solution to the problem. Worked great for me. I used the Pannies with my CYC's until my MNKE's got here.
But there are two problems here, the heat shrink tubing will take care of one ofthe problem but that still leaves the battery adjustment screw almost screwed the hole way out with most atomizers and a 65 mm 18650, I don't know how it is with the 18500 and 18350

I really should I have titled this thread a little different I suppose.

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
A blow dryer will shrink the vinyl very neatly and easily. I find this the easiest solution to the problem. Worked great for me. I used the Pannies with my CYC's until my MNKE's got here.

I'm using MNKE in my cyc as well. Really dig the combo of the two. Took a bit of finagling to eliminate the rattle though. At first I thought the pin wasn't long enough but I screwed it all together nicely with no rattle.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Couldnt you just use some electric tape and cut out the center????

My guess is yes but you'd have the issue of the tape peeling possible. When you go around the round edge, it might not make a full adherence and leave air bubbles.

If it were just a flat surface it would probably be no issue. I've used electrical tape to mend slices into the battery wrapper along the length of the cell. To great effect I might add. One of my old mods threading could slice the wrapper if I wasn't careful.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
So after five weeks in the HK Post, I finally got my Chi You Clone. It is remarkably good quality for $27. I appreciated the precision they built into a very smooth, but "flawed" switch. While most of my batteries have a wrap around the bottom or have shrink wrap, The naked battery contact didnt sit with me well.

I saw dwcraig1 fix and took a cut at it. The raise insulator and screw spacer eliminated any issues with flat tops and while the switch screw is now raised, it sits tight in the button. The throw is about stock, the insulator and screw spacer work perfect. So props to dwcraig1 for a great fix.

(Sorry I like big pics....)

Non-firing position:

8p0e.jpg

Firing Position:

hoh5.jpg

Parts:

Screw spacer from a tip of bic pen, Plastic washer notched at the vent hole.

i70y.jpg

Partial Assembly:

7k8f.jpg

Pro Tip: the screw spacer is cut at a slight angle to permit a better compression fit to the button. Ideally you want the compressed screw spacer and washer to have the same height dimension.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Since building the positive screw head back up with silver bearing solder, probably a little higher than the stock height, I have removed the small washer that I added for the additional throw as it was no longer needed.
It was a mistake to sand down the screws head as my plan was not fully thought out.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
Since building the positive screw head back up with silver bearing solder, probably a little higher than the stock height, I have removed the small washer that I added for the additional throw as it was no longer needed.
It was a mistake to sand down the screws head as my plan was not fully thought out.

Maybe?... but your "find" for the battery insulator (the 5ml juice bottle top) was genius. :)

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Hey guys you might be interested in the AIOS atomizer clone to make your chi you clone into a hybrid. FT put em up for 18$ and change. I just impulse purchased one :)
It's an inverted genny. Sounds pretty cool. And you can use it in dripper mode too.

$18.76 AIOS Rebuildable Atomizer for Chi-you Mod at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I find it most interesting, if HK Post and FT get squared away I may order one but until I see a big improvement in shipping times I'll order nothing more from them. I was getting quite a bit of stuff from them.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I find it most interesting, if HK Post and FT get squared away I may order one but until I see a big improvement in shipping times I'll order nothing more from them. I was getting quite a bit of stuff from them.

i hear that. my last order from FT was split into two so it got dredged out even longer than usual. it was painstaking. but i have had orders from them move much more quickly. we'll see what happens this go-around.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
i hear that. my last order from FT was split into two so it got dredged out even longer than usual. it was painstaking. but i have had orders from them move much more quickly. we'll see what happens this go-around.
I had some come as little as 7 days or as long as 30 days lately

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
wow thats an idea for sure. hadnt thought of that. id be interested in a cotton build on these too.
but i do like mesh too.

I figure maybe a short piece of silica or cotton in the hole of the tank and touching the actual wick might work but how to keep it put without restricting its delivery.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
Magnetic Switch - dwcraig1's fix is working great. I decided to upgrade to a magnetic switch from the spring. The magnets fit perfectly, eliminated any remaining wobble, smooth as silk, gives ~1mm throw and can stand on its own with out firing. This is the best fire button action of any device I have used.

rab5.jpg

These are the ones I used. (you will need to flip polarity of magnets 2 and four when you install, of course)

SuperMagnetMan Ring Magnet

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Just wanted to report that the bottle cap fix is working for me too. I didn't "need" to do it because all my batts are wrapped on the ends but I felt like adding that extra layer of protection. Also I wanted to shorten the extension of the top cap screw. With an MNKE, the screw was almost all the way out. So now I'm comfortably screwed in, and no rattle. Mucho gracias señor.

Oh, and I used a 30ml cap. I think any childproof cap would work. I mean, the same cap fits on tops of 5, 10, 30 and 50ml bottles of the same diameter.

fooey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
chicago
Received my gold cyc ordered oct 3rd yesterday. Came in black box labeled mod. Really nice mod, smooth threads, slightly dirty. i had to use electric tape to tape the bottom of my grey panys. Going it didn't work for me. 510 is perfect not loose. I need to look up your 30ml cap fix. Not sure i trust the tape long term as i switch batteries multiple times a day. I also used plumbers tape to make the adjustment screw and on the switch screw tighter but that's about it. Hits nice.

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread