Status
Not open for further replies.

ebhomepc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
United Kingdom
I've seen hcigar selling both.
I think that's a matter of production cost and FT trying to obtain and sell for the lowest price.
A few of the most recent items I've received from FT didn't even come in boxes.
Cutting unnecessary expenses such as packaging or silver plated contacts makes up a few dollars and
on a few thousand items - that adds up.

Agreed :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Nate M.

Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
Cape Cod, MA
Finally had the time to up some pics of the Brass Chi Clone from AkaVapers. I was pretty upset that the bottom tube was bent, but happy that they are sending a replacement. I did confirm beforehand with an employee there that I'd be receiving the hcigar version.

When I got the package though it was in a plastic wrap and styrofoam, not the signature black hcigar box. Although all of the clones I've seen on here have a 2000+ serial, and mine is 1845. Maybe mine was from an early batch or something I dunno.

Anyways, here are the pics:

I circled where it's bent and squeezing on my batteries.

It almost looks used.. Nasty oxidation on the top part, the rest were brighter brass but a little scratched up.

After some polish and buffing.. But the serial/symbols faded something awful. I think I'm gonna just scrub it clean.

Hopefully the SS Chi Clone I have on the way from FastTech will be one of the newer batches >.<

Nate

Subie

Jul 18, 2013
CO
Finally had the time to up some pics of the Brass Chi Clone from AkaVapers. I was pretty upset that the bottom tube was bent, but happy that they are sending a replacement. I did confirm beforehand with an employee there that I'd be receiving the HCigar version.

When I got the package though it was in a plastic wrap and styrofoam, not the signature black HCigar box. Although all of the clones I've seen on here have a 2000+ serial, and mine is 1845. Maybe mine was from an early batch or something I dunno.

Anyways, here are the pics:

I circled where it's bent and squeezing on my batteries.

It almost looks used.. Nasty oxidation on the top part, the rest were brighter brass but a little scratched up.

After some polish and buffing.. But the serial/symbols faded something awful. I think I'm gonna just scrub it clean.

Hopefully the SS Chi Clone I have on the way from FastTech will be one of the newer batches >.<

Nate

Sucks to hear that the logo is fading after the first polish! I get my brass one tomorrow.

davewuvswaffles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Philadelphia
I wonder if there would be a way to increase the depth of the etchings cost effectively, either DIY or through an engraving service.

Maybe some type of latex could be applied to the logo, and then the vinegar engraving method could be applied to deepen the exposed area. Hmm

Last edited:

bustabo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
connect-eye-cut
Well mine came in today. So far I'm really impressed. Threads are smooth. Positive Pin is double adjustable. Hits just as hard as my origin.

I'll be ordering a brass one when they get them in for sure

ra7ysequ.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Subie

Jul 18, 2013
CO
Just opened my brass chi you clone from aka. Got to admit that the brass one is completely different from the SS one! First thing I notice was the etching is really differnt. There is not groove to the touch. Its smooth. Second I notice were the treads are shorter and not as smooth. So I'm kinda dissapointed that its not the same quality. Is the brass one not from hcigar? But over all with the silver pins I get 4.01 volt with a efest 18350 with no load. Over all its decent.

Last edited:

Nate M.

Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
Cape Cod, MA
Akavapers has the brass one in stock right now. Mine came today from them.

Did yours come in a black box or styrofoam tube? And may I ask what serial # you got?

I feel like I got jipped a little =/ My Chi Clone is definitely an earlier verion. The bottom cap is engraved but the tube designs are printed.

T-T May order another from FT when they're back in stock.

Just opened my brass chi you clone from aka. Got to admit that the brass one is completely different from the SS one! First thing I notice was the etching is really differnt. There is not groove to the touch. Its smooth. Second I notice were the treads are shorter and not as smooth. So I'm kinda dissapointed that its not the same quality. Is the brass one not from hcigar? But over all with the silver pins I get 4.01 volt with a efest 18350 with no load. Over all its decent.

I specifically asked before I ordered if it was HCigar, and Brian Lin told me yes.. But there's no black box and yeah the quality is meh.. But maybe it was just an early batch.

Nate

Subie

Jul 18, 2013
CO
Did yours come in a black box or styrofoam tube? And may I ask what serial # you got?

I feel like I got jipped a little =/ My Chi Clone is definitely an earlier verion. The bottom cap is engraved but the tube designs are printed.

T-T May order another from FT when they're back in stock.

I specifically asked before I ordered if it was HCigar, and Brian Lin told me yes.. But there's no black box and yeah the quality is meh.. But maybe it was just an early batch.

Nate

My SS is engraved from aka but the brass one is printed forsure. Dissaponited also but meh its a clone. Lol I got another SS coming from fasttech then I can compare..lol and the number in the brass one is 300 and the ss is in the 3000s and they both came in foam not in the black box

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Mine from Fasstech just arrived! Quality seems TOP NOTCH! Review shall follow soon!
1236807_638655702841009_1914418198_n.jpg

Great looking set-up all-around!

*EDIT* lost my mind on the first part of my reply, disregard...lol

*EDIT 2* Actually, maybe not, what the heck ato is that? I assumed it was a FT ithaka but the finish/look isn't right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread