BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
biancamontgomery-albums-stuff-picture55627-chibi-tank-fill-hole.jpg

There. I used a drill and made the hole in the tank, then used the little stopper from an insulin syringe to plug it. But really, using the syringe to fill it the standard way is very quick and easy.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Thanks a lot Bianca. Looks like you have yours on an XL carto, does that work better for you?

I prefer the 1.7ohm smoktech cartomizers. I had some of the long ones here already, but Parkes has the short ones now for these shorter tanks. :) I do like the extra amount of juice these longer ones hold though. They do work great...totally got me away from the Boges and duals.

Splinter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
New York
Has anyone tried the Chibi Tanks from Parkes Vaping (parkesvaping.com)? If so, is filling them with a syringe next to the carto while it's still in the tank damaging to the o-rings? How do they vape?

I found it really easy to fill with the needle with no damage to the o-rings. I'm using the needle I got from Crystal Clear Vaping with the 3pk carto deal. As far as the vape, it is wonderful. I got the 3.0 ohm and it's perfect for me. The carto stays real wet and the flavor of the juice is remarkable. For what the Chibi tank costs, it's worth getting one and trying it for yourself. You won't be disappointed. :)

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Put the bottom of your carto in one of the grommets and then put that up in the tube, then put the top grommet on the carto. Done.
Hey Bianca,
After I put my Chibi back together I noticed that it wasn't wicking properly so I looked at the carto hole while I was vaping and...no bubbles but I was seeing bubbles floating up from somewhere so I kept rotating my Provari while I was vaping and the bubbles were coming from the bottom grommet right at the outside where it meets the tank. I haven't used a syringe anywhere near there, only right next to the carto and always from the top so I'm really puzzled as to how to fix this. I filled the carto before I put it back together so I'm good until it runs out of liqhid but I'm sure nothing will get pulled into the carto from the tank as long as I have this air leak. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

chingbo

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
im using the small gauge needle ce2 type to fill. i tried to push against the carto, but i still managed to nick off some of the rubber grommet into the juice.. =(

i dont see any leakage tho which is still good.

this tank, on my 650 mah eGo with a ce2 soft rubber mouth piece is perfect size to fit in my snowboard chest strap pocket. so a BIG +1

loving this tank, but if anyone has a better tip to not nick the plastic that's much appreciated
=)

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I too was nicking the plastic into the juice so when I changed the carto out, I took the grommets out and cleaned the whole thing. I don't use a needle any more to refill. I just pop the top grommet off and fill than then carefully put the top grommet back on.

I have been using a blunt tip needle, and have had no problems nicking the grommets on any of mine. Unless I missed it of course, which is entirely possible! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread