Child/pet safe containers

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

Jul 29, 2013
Canada
Hello everyone!

Does anyone have ideas for child/pet proof eliquid containers? I have a small dog who will eat anything if given a chance, and I obviously don't want him getting into my juice. Right now I have all my little bottles living inside a plastic container in a drawer, but I'm also wondering if there are any containers I could buy that he won't be able to chew through if he ever does manage to get ahold of them? Glass? I don't know. I'm really just spitballing here lol.
Basically if anyone has a solid pet/child proof set up I want to hear about it!
If this has already been covered elsewhere, I apologize. I looked around the forums, did a search, and couldn't find anything exclusively dedicated to safe storage of eliquids.

Last edited:

oatmeal

Jul 29, 2013
Canada
Hey! Thanks for that... I totally forgot I have an old lock box kicking around somewhere in a closet... Excellent! Has anyone tried glass eye dropper bottles for storing the actual eliquid? As I don't have kids (just the dog) I figure he wouldn't be able to unscrew it as he doesn't have thumbs, and he can't chew through glass...

EDIT: I googled this and found a link to a thread in this forum! Thanks!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If you have an uppy odd I really can't think of a bottle that is really safe. They can and will chew on anything - so all plastic is out. Glass is better. But if you use a glass dropper bottle they can chew off the rubber end of the dropper and that's no better. Some dogs are really attracted to liquids so the best thing is to treat any liquids like an unopened bottle of medication - never leave it out or open any place an animal can get to.

oatmeal

Jul 29, 2013
Canada
If you have an uppy odd I really can't think of a bottle that is really safe. They can and will chew on anything - so all plastic is out. Glass is better. But if you use a glass dropper bottle they can chew off the rubber end of the dropper and that's no better. Some dogs are really attracted to liquids so the best thing is to treat any liquids like an unopened bottle of medication - never leave it out or open any place an animal can get to.

Ahh yes the rubber end. I was looking at these:

Glass Bottles - Empty

But I don't know what the tip is like.... They're inexpensive, so I might try them out anyway if they ship to Canada. If they don't ship to Canada I think I'll try the eye droppers. As long as it's in a glass bottle I don't think my dog will chew it. He's never shown any interest in anything glass.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Had a scare with this today. I came home, and my four-legged daughter was chewing on a bottle of juice. I knew she was prone to thievery, but didn't realize she was willing to climb up onto my desk to do so... She had punctured it, but luckily hadn't really gotten through it, so next to none was missing.

Most of my devices have metal tanks, so not much risk there, but I have been dabbling in DIY, and thus dripping a bit. I'm going to pick one of these up:
Innokin Ucan, Keep Your E-Juice Fresh and Clean

No more plastic bottles lower than a counter top from here on out... it would just kill me if I poisoned my baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread