Pets and eJuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN_Snoopy

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Cookeville, TN
I have seen several articles about the dangers of e-juice and pets, however they all focus on the nicotine level. All my juice is zero-nic.
Does anyone know if VG, PG, or flavorings can be dangerous to dogs and cats?
Also, what about the vapor - is it more/less dangerous?

I have heard that cats cannot processes PG, but cannot find anything other than hear-say on it.
I have both a dog and a cat in the house, and I want to keep them safe.

Thanks!
--Glenn.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Glenn,
I can tell you I have 10 animals in my house and none have ever had a problem with vapor produced and I have been vaping in the house for 5 years. Keep all liquids and anything else away from pets you don't want them to get into is a good rule to follow. Don't worry about vapor affecting them, I would know if there was a problem..

Purplepeeps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Syracuse, NY
I consider my pets children too so I would keep it out of their bite just to be safe. Don't know about vapor though.

I have two little Maltese. When one was a puppy, she went in my purse and got into sugarless gum. There's something toxic in it but I can't remember what is was. I ended up having to take her to the vet for bloodwork. She was ok thank goodness and I learned never to leave my purse, laying around.:rolleyes:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
My only concern, since our cat "lives" in the garage, was having traces of e-juice on my fingers; when I smoked, she would NEVER lick my fingers, though she'd lick my husband's all day if he'd let her. But now, she's fine with licking my fingers -- no cigarette stink. So I have to be just as careful to wash my hands before I'm around her, as after (allergy); wouldn't want to poison her little body with the slightest trace of nicotine.

Andria

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Some pet-food company, years ago, found some small evidence that PG could cause a particular type of anemia in cats so they removed it from cat food. They also found that once PG is removed from the diet, the anemia goes away on its own. It is still used in dog food as it does not adversly affect them. VG is used in both cat and dog food. Nic, however, is a stimulant and would have the same affect on either that caffeine would have. We all know not to feed chocolate to our pets due to caffeine so the same applies with nic. As a personal note, I used to worry about my cat coming around while I vaped and even made sure she didn't knead anything that vapor may have dropped on. Then I realized that she has been stealing my dogs' food for years. I haven't had her blood tested to see if she anemic as a result because she seems fine. I don't worry about nic from vapor on anything my pets might touch but I do make sure tissues it might be on go into a trash can with a lid. I have one dog that loves to chew on tissues. I also never leave my juice sitting out mostly to keep it from light but also it keeps the pets away from it. I have accidentally left one bottle out and they didn't mess with it. My biggest problem is my cat loves vapor and comes running when she smells it... sits on my lap and bites the end of my setup... grrrr. I've gotten real good at "shooooooing."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread