Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
China’s E-Cigarette Boom Lacks Oversight for Safety

SHENZHEN, China — In a grimy workshop, among boiling vats of chemicals, factory workers are busy turning stainless steel rods into slender tube casings, a crucial component of electronic cigarettes. Not long ago, Skorite Electronics was a tiny firm struggling to produce pen parts. Today, it is part of an enormous — and virtually unregulated — supply chain centered here that produces about 90 percent of the world’s e-cigarettes.

http://www.[REMOVE]nytimes.com/2014/12/14/business/international/chinas-e-cigarette-boom-lacks-oversight-for-safety-.html?_r=1

(broken link; remove [REMOVE])

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
The article seemed quite non biased, but I guess any article here which doesn't say e-nic is healthier than not using e-nic would be considered demonizing. The chubby fellow in the video said not much global e-liquid comes from China because it is made in China...

I did find this ingteresting-

Smaller manufacturers, though, are more representative of the ethos here. Tiny start-up factories buy components from suppliers, set up assembly lines and hire low-skilled migrant workers to snap, stamp, glue and solder the e-cigarette components together.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
We have had several vendors and other individuals that have done tours of Joyetech, Kanger, Vision and other manufacturing facilities for V4L and associated vendors (leaford) who have reported most favorably to the sanitation and quality control checks made in some cases - joyetech in particular - at every stage of every component made.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
New York City has a cigarette tax. If it disappeared the city would face painful choices. The high cost of cigs there has to be a powerful force influencing smokers to consider vaping. Vaping has to be growing rapidly in NY.

An intellectual experiment, the Supreme court determines that tobacco excise taxes are unconstitutional. Overnight all the cig taxes in the US are swept away, a carton costs 10 bucks. If that happened I bet medicare would pay for e liquids. The cigarette taxes are the 800 pound gorilla in the debate.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
i will agree China is having growing pains so there is some risk involved
when dealing with them.
however they know we demand a higher quality product than they would
sell in the Asian markets.
today i would think that any poor quality juice or gear getting here is
the result of shady re-sellers in China or shady suppliers here,or both.
regards
mike

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The article seemed quite non biased, but I guess any article here which doesn't say e-nic is healthier than not using e-nic talks about antifreeze and quotes Prue Talbot [/S] would be considered demonizing poorly researched.

Fixed that for you. :)

They send a reporter to China and all I get is Prue and antifreeze? And the brilliant observation that Chinese manufacturing is not always up to Western standards? :facepalm:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
We have had several vendors and other individuals that have done tours of Joyetech, Kanger, Vision and other manufacturing facilities for V4L and associated vendors (leaford) who have reported most favorably to the sanitation and quality control checks made in some cases - joyetech in particular - at every stage of every component made.

And SmokeStik--they own and control their own factory in China. :)

I was thinking the same thing, Kent! Honestly. Why didn't they talk to vendors like Vicky from Cignot or Edward from Sun Vapers--both are in constant contact with Joyetech and Kangertech, respectively. Why didn't they mention the brilliant people from Evolv, John and Brandon, who are developing cutting edge technology with Innokin, Kanger and several other manufacturers? Why didn't they talk to Leaford (Bloog) and Steve (V4L)????

Another piece of lazy (or biased, or both) journalism. Just like that poorly written hit piece about formaldehyde.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
And SmokeStik--they own and control their own factory in China. :)

I was thinking the same thing, Kent! Honestly. Why didn't they talk to vendors like Vicky from Cignot or Edward from Sun Vapers--both are in constant contact with Joyetech and Kangertech, respectively. Why didn't they mention the brilliant people from Evolv, John and Brandon, who are developing cutting edge technology with Innokin, Kanger and several other manufacturers? Why didn't they talk to Leaford (Bloog) and Steve (V4L)????

Another piece of lazy (or biased, or both) journalism. Just like that poorly written hit piece about formaldehyde.

Yep. What gets me also, is that the FDA in one report already conceded that the one formaldehyde/DEG carto in 2009 was an outlier. Yet that still gets repeated in every ANTZ-laden story from the gov't controlled media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread