China can't figure out how to clone a Russian 91???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
This has been bugging me for awhile now... they figured out how to clone all the KFL + but they forgot that the Russian 91 is superior in airflow and would sell a shiz ton if they could clone the airy draw of a Russian 91....so that leads me to my question are they blind and don't realize it or is the Russian 91 too difficult for them to clone because or the design???? I mean ... why can't we get a clone or a good airflow of the Russian style rba!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
I always thought that the Russian was designed by a disgruntled Kayfun Employee that left and made his own RTA.
The lines are so blurred when it comes to clones. I personally would not consider it a Kayfun clone as it has it own branding, and is different then a Kayfun.

The way I look at it is like this. Just because it looks similar that in itself does not make it a clone. That would be like saying Chevy's Chrysler's etc... are all clones of the Ford.

Now if it had the Kayfun's logo on it then I would call it a clone as they are trying to pass it off as a Kayfun.
A Russian that has the Russian logo on it that is not authentic would be considered a Russian clone.

That's how I look at it anyway. I wish someone would make a Economizer clone :) I want one of these real bad.

As far a Russian clones. I picked one up from a registered ECF place called Smitty's Vaping for 25.00. Granted it is my first RTA and do not have anything to compare it to as far as RTA's go. I can tell you it has not leaked, or flooded. Hits great, and threads seem to not be all janked up. Now how it compares to other Russian clones I do not know.

Last edited:

twistedchild316

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
East Texas
www.youtube.com
I always thought that the Russian was designed by a disgruntled Kayfun Employee that left and made his own RTA.
The lines are so blurred when it comes to clones. I personally would not consider it a Kayfun clone as it has it own branding, and is different then a Kayfun.

The way I look at it is like this. Just because it looks similar that in itself does not make it a clone. That would be like saying Chevy's Chrysler's etc... are all clones of the Ford.

Now if it had the Kayfun's logo on it then I would call it a clone as they are trying to pass it off as a Kayfun.
A Russian that has the Russian logo on it that is not authentic would be considered a Russian clone.

That's how I look at it anyway. I wish someone would make a Economizer clone :) I want one of these real bad.

As far a Russian clones. I picked one up from a registered ECF place called Smitty's Vaping for 25.00. Granted it is my first RTA and do not have anything to compare it to as far as RTA's go. I can tell you it has not leaked, or flooded. Hits great, and threads seem to not be all janked up. Now how it compares to other Russian clones I do not know.

That story is just a rumor. The Russian is nothing more than a VERY well machined Chinese clone.
No, it is not. A knock-off, yes, but not a clone.

Same difference.

desertrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Phoenix
This is correct. A clone is a biologically made organism...

Technically, yes. But in the regular world, a clone would be an exact replica. Which the Russian is not. A knock-off would be a loose replica, which the Russian is. Maybe Im getting caught up in semantics, but Im an english major so proper wording is important to me :p

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
Hell I can't even use mine! Spring collapsed :(

I read there was an issue with the springs on the second run, and they were sending out new ones. However yours was from the first run wasn't it? I will spring for a new spring if you send it to me :)

Last edited:

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Clone or not I don't think you understand what I mean. Russian 91% = $100 (it's authentic) not a cheap knock off.... And it's buttery smooth airflow... what I'm saying is none of the $30-50 knock off clones are like the Russian design with smooth buttery open air draw.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I read there was an issue with the springs on the second run, and they were sending out new ones. However yours was from the first run wasn't it? I will spring for a new spring if you send it to me :)

New ones should have updated springs. At least, the vendor I ordered from last week said so. It was supposed to arrive Thursday, but it appears the package got lost for a couple of days at one of the sorting facilities for USPS. Highly annoying, it was going to be for my husband for Father's Day. I wound up giving him one of my Mini Provari's and a new Ehpro Kayfun lite set up with the tall plastic tank. It'll fit in his pocket at work better then his full size Provari and an Hcigar 3.1. He has been whining about it, and gearing up to "borrow" my mini anyway I think. As he just got a Provari though, I guess that the expromizer will be mine.

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
Nope. The Russian's design was stolen from SvoёMesto, and not by anyone who ever worked there.

Clone or not I don't think you understand what I mean. Russian 91% = $100 (it's authentic)
It's a 100% authentic clone. Though authentic clone is a bit of an oxymoron. Kind of like a real fake.

not a cheap knock off
It's a $100 knockoff.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Clone or not I don't think you understand what I mean. Russian 91% = $100 (it's authentic)

Uhh, no.

So if I sell you a Chi You NOT made by MOJO and change the design a tiny bit and make sure to make it expensive that means it is "authentic"?

Oh wait that is exactly what the King mod is...

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
New ones should have updated springs. At least, the vendor I ordered from last week said so. It was supposed to arrive Thursday, but it appears the package got lost for a couple of days at one of the sorting facilities for USPS. Highly annoying, it was going to be for my husband for Father's Day. I wound up giving him one of my Mini Provari's and a new Ehpro Kayfun lite set up with the tall plastic tank. It'll fit in his pocket at work better then his full size Provari and an Hcigar 3.1. He has been whining about it, and gearing up to "borrow" my mini anyway I think. As he just got a Provari though, I guess that the expromizer will be mine.

Yea, but the one in question here is from the first run. I first saw it a while ago watching he review on it. At least I'm 90% positive it was from the first run by the time frame of his review and they being out of stock forever. Then coming back in and selling out in two days with the notice of the bad springs. They said it was just a bad batch of springs, but I'm wondering now if the all of them until now had those bad springs. Regardless I want one.

So your hubby still isn't getting his first authentic :) I remember you mentioning that the Expromizer was going to be his first authentic topper or something like that.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
You guys still don't get what I'm trying to say... OK it's a fake clone knockoff Russian 91 whatever you want to call it the point is the quality is top notch and it's airflow blows all the KFL stamped products out of the water. so back to the original question why isn't there a $30 version of the Russian 91 like the 50 different KFL variations we have

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
You guys still don't get what I'm trying to say... OK it's a fake clone knockoff Russian 91 whatever you want to call it the point is the quality is top notch and it's airflow blows all the KFL stamped products out of the water. so back to the original question why isn't there a $30 version of the Russian 91 like the 50 different KFL variations we have

I wish I knew. But the fact that no Chinese manufacturer other than Kebo has put out one of these with the proper air flow+adjustment specs is exactly why I no longer look to purchase KFL clones -- and of course why I've never purchased a non-Kebo R91.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Yea, but the one in question here is from the first run. I first saw it a while ago watching he review on it. At least I'm 90% positive it was from the first run by the time frame of his review and they being out of stock forever. Then coming back in and selling out in two days with the notice of the bad springs. They said it was just a bad batch of springs, but I'm wondering now if the all of them until now had those bad springs. Regardless I want one.

So your hubby still isn't getting his first authentic :) I remember you mentioning that the Expromizer was going to be his first authentic topper or something like that.

I'm going to let him decide whether he wants to stick with the Ehpro Kayfun Lite V2 or the Expromizer. The Provari Mini I gave him because in the end, he was gearing up to "borrow" it forever anyway. His complaints of his full sized Provari's weight in his pocket were getting to the point where he was going to give me no choice but to give up one of my Mini's anyway. The Expromiser was to be the real gift, and the Ehpro Kayfun Lite was going to be my consolation prize. However, with the complaints of his set up being too big, he may just want to keep the Kayfun Lite rather then the authentic Expromizer. With the tall, plastic, tank, it's the lightest RTA in the house currently, and it's a top notch clone without a single issue. Lighter may just win out over authentic in this case, since the Expromzer even has a larger diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread