Chip/firmware differences : provari vs kick/kick2

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Lee

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
FLA
I've been looking and cannot find this anywhere, other than max output differences.

What are the major differences in the provari chipset vs a kick/2 mech regarding the vv/vw output? I know provari puts out less max power and is not vw. Do they both give darn near dc output? Both just as smooth and consistent? If you have both, I would like to hear from you!

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I would be interested to learn about this as well. I am currently running an iTaste VTR but recently placed an order for a smok Magneto with a Kick 2 (18500 flat top battery). I am not sure but I think the Kick 2 can go up to 15 watts (please correct me if I am wrong)...I am interested to see what the vape is like compared to the VTR. I am currently running a 2.1 Ohm iClear 30s at 9.5 Watts, I I'll be interested to see what the Magneto vapes like at the same 9.5 Watt setting....I am a newb at all of this, so I'm learning as I go!!

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I can say with my cheapo "clone" kick it vapes EXACTLY like the Vamo...I know the Vamo has the 33.3hz chipset in it

We can thank the Cree flashlight folks for the idea behind the kick and most APV's however

I mean look at this, this is a cree flashlight boost circuit.. or 1/2 of a kick?
300px-Nanjg-112A-driver_zpsc74112dc.jpg

Now that small 8 pin IC, it has like 1k of EEPROM on it (they have larger ones, family of Atmel Attiny microcontrollers), program it to do specific boost, tie it in with a buck circuit, tie em together, put a ground pin on it...viola...kick, or a driver for a CREE flashlight

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread