• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Chk batteries before testing others MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
Learnt a lesson when testing out friend's mod.

Got excited when my friend showed me his Treebox mod. Put on my TFV4 at 0.4 ohm, set to 50W and clicked fire.

The MOD showed something like 'Battery Insufficient Power' kind of warning when trying to fire. Clicked a few times and it showed the same warning.

Then it struck me to check the battery.. it turn out to be Samsung 26F (max continuous discharge 5.2A)...

nbz.. lucky its a regulated MOD if not 'BIANG'

Please always chk the battery of any MOD that is passed to u to try.. Even if that MOD came from someone who u think know their stuff.

(I even told this friend of mine who has been vaping for a much longer time than me, not to use the 26F...)

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Learnt a lesson when testing out friend's MOD.

Got excited when my friend showed me his Treebox MOD. Put on my TFV4 at 0.4 ohm, set to 50W and clicked fire.

The MOD showed something like 'Battery Insufficient Power' kind of warning when trying to fire. Clicked a few times and it showed the same warning.

Then it struck me to check the battery.. it turn out to be Samsung 26F (max continuous discharge 5.2A)...

nbz.. lucky its a regulated MOD if not 'BIANG'

Please always chk the battery of any MOD that is passed to u to try.. Even if that MOD came from someone who u think know their stuff.

(I even told this friend of mine who has been vaping for a much longer time than me, not to use the 26F...)

Always spend a couple dollar more when you can actually spend a huge sum for a mod for a better high drain battery

I do know someone who can spend hundreds for a high end mod but don't wish to spend for a good battery. Was lectured by me and show video of explosion

Make it a point to check the mod and battery before you mount your tank. If your set up is 1.0- 1.3 ohm or more, you are safe but when you have sub ohm, be sure to check and check. Safety first

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Don't worry, I know someone who thought the purpose of a 510 connector screw on the bottom of the atty is to prevent liquid from coming out due to pressure. He called it the pressure release valve.

Damned if your current avatar isn't perfect for reading that post. :p

Had some guy here or the other board telling us all that chain vaping or some such could set the juice in a tank to boiling. Big bada boom type FUD. :rolleyes:

Cue the cat. :D

Reactions: Karstine

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Damned if your current avatar isn't perfect for reading that post. :p

Had some guy here or the other board telling us all that chain vaping or some such could set the juice in a tank to boiling. Big bada boom type FUD. :rolleyes:

Cue the cat. :D

This has been my face for quite a while now haha! So if I'm vaping an Earl Grey ejuice and boil it by chain-vaping... I would have a nice hot vaping pleasure. Mmmhmmmm

Reactions: Jim_ MDP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread