Not open for further replies.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
As the title suggests, I have budgeted $60.00 for a new mech mod. I am including a kayfun lite plus in this order, but that doesn't take away from the $60.00. I know... Big spender...

I want some opinions on what I should get. Yes, I can make the decision on my own but I always like hearing cases for each. I can't find the option to make a poll, so I guess we'll have to go with the ol' replying a choice and reason why you chose this mod.

Here are the mods I'm diggin' (clones per limited budget):

1) Tree of Life (hcigar - Stainless)
2) King V2 (Infinite - Brass)
3) Origin (EHPRO - Polished Stainless)
4) Penny (hcigar - Red Copper)
5) Stingray X (hcigar - Stainless/Copper)
6) Turtle Ship V3 (HCigar - Brushed Stainless)
7) Windrose (HCigar - Brass)
8) Other - What? Where can I buy?

Thanks to everyone who participates. Excited for a new mod to accompany my Plume Veil that's on the way!

Go! Giggity goo.

Paradicio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Altadena, CA
My vote would be Hcigar Stingray X

Seconded. I just got a Stingray X clone myself and it's by far my second favorite mech (my first being my Slug). The Hybrid adaptor is really nice, eliminates a point for voltage drop, letting your atty connect directly with your battery. It also lets everything sit nice and flush on the mod.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Hcigar is IMO the better clone maker. May want to also look at their Nemesis. I have the SS version and i love it. I don't do really low subohm so I don't have to have a copper version. Wanted one that did not dent easy or have the threads strip easy. I have two copper hades and a brass Magneto. Not sure if Hcigar makes a Stingray but I know some of them have switch problems. I have also got LOL a k101 and a Sieg #19 that i plan to melt down for some other useful purpose like a paper weight. I have already put in all the Fat daddy upgrades so don't tell me about them folks. It's just a bad mod.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
I got brass and a ss nemesis from FT they're perfecly smooth in threadings and i've had no issues with them at all.
So my vote would be a nemesis on FT + maybe a stingray or another fun mod. :) (Nemmy costs about 22$ or so)
And you can get the custom colored nemmy tubes for 10$ aswell if you like to customize it. :)
However if it's your first FT order, be aware that they've like 2-3 weeks shipping times.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I have the Hcigar SS Nemesis and it's the best clone mod I have so far. Hubby has taken it over however. Not sure on the voltage drop, but we don't sub-ohm at very low levels, so it doesn't matter much. The lowest I go when I build coils is around .6 ohms. I also have a no name black Nemesis mod, but that voltage drop is too much even for us. The threads and inside were all painted black as well, so I believe that may be why. If you get a colored/coated mech mod, the less on the inside and the threading the better.

Next, I have the Infinite Black Copper Stingray. This hits the hardest of my mech mods, although the coating is starting to wear on the outside (I think this happens to the original as well), I ruined the threading on the largest tube (entirely my fault), and the switch was a bit choppy until it wore in.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
I have the Hcigar SS Nemesis and it's the best clone mod I have so far. Hubby has taken it over however. Not sure on the voltage drop, but we don't sub-ohm at very low levels, so it doesn't matter much. The lowest I go when I build coils is around .6 ohms. I also have a no name black Nemesis mod, but that voltage drop is too much even for us. The threads and inside were all painted black as well, so I believe that may be why. If you get a colored/coated mech mod, the less on the inside and the threading the better.

Next, I have the Infinite Black Copper Stingray. This hits the hardest of my mech mods, although the coating is starting to wear on the outside (I think this happens to the original as well), I ruined the threading on the largest tube (entirely my fault), and the switch was a bit choppy until it wore in.

I bought the colored tubes (pretty much one of each color) on FT they're perfectly clean on the inside, so that's a plus. :)
I've had no issues with my alu tubes at all. :)
But i've read about some people buy the complete colored ones(whole mod) and they've the issues you mentioned, colorored on the inside aswell. :(
So my tips for you is, if you want to use the black one, buy a pair on FT for just 10$ :)

Edit: check this out: (not my picture, taken from google)
1395811790301.jpg

I've these + purple. :)
Good looking.

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I bought the colored tubes (pretty much one of each color) on FT they're perfectly clean on the inside, so that's a plus. :)
I've had no issues with my alu tubes at all. :)
But i've read about some people buy the complete colored ones(whole mod) and they've the issues you mentioned, colorored on the inside aswell. :(
So my tips for you is, if you want to use the black one, buy a pair on FT for just 10$ :)

Edit: check this out: (not my picture, taken from google)
1395811790301.jpg

I've these + purple. :)
Good looking.

I've been thinking about getting some colored tubes from elsewhere, and just using the top cap and switch from the mod I have. The mod itself I got on sale for all of $12

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
I've been thinking about getting some colored tubes from elsewhere, and just using the top cap and switch from the mod I have. The mod itself I got on sale for all of $12

These tubes (3 pieces) costs 10$ at FT. :)
I've black one, and purple + 1 brass + 1 ss nemmy (for the topcaps/button)
And i've Red, blue and 3x ss nemmy in the mailbox ready for me to get. Unfortunality my Identitycard expired so i'm not allowed to get my packages yet. :( (i've to wait like 2w for a new ID, sucks.) (3 packages from FT that i can't get -.-' )

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Way to thread jack people... lol :facepalm: I guess I should have specified, I already have had a nemesis and am looking for something different. I already have a Caravela, Chi You, and Nemesis for mech mods.

The GP Paps is intriguing, best place to purchase?

The other top choice seems to be the Stingray X which I have an affinity for... But same with the other six on the list lol.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
Way to thread jack people... lol :facepalm: I guess I should have specified, I already have had a nemesis and am looking for something different. I already have a Caravela, Chi You, and Nemesis for mech mods.

The other top choice seems to be the Stingray X which I have an affinity for... But same with the other six on the list lol.

Sorry mate, also i did not know you had a nemesis already. :)

Well in that case i would go for stingray x.

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia

Currently, I don't know anyone that has them in stock. Not the HCigar anyway.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY

The Stingray X will give you more options, with the traditional top cap, as well as the hybrid adaptor. Depending on the type of threading used, you may even be able to use that adapter on other mods. I'm not sure on that one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread