Choosing my first setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I'm taking the plunge and ditching smoking for vaping. I've been lurking a bit here on the forums but there's so much excellent information that I'm getting overwhelmed. The classic, paralysis through analysis thing. I'm trying to pick a starter kit. I am not concerned at all with whether or not the e-cig looks like an analog cig, so even through the Joye 510 is recommended for first timers, I'm thinking of skipping it. It seems like many people upgrade relatively soon after they start with this cigalike. I figure why waste the money if I don't care how it looks... Anyway I'd like opinions on these three options for my first set up:
1. innokin iTaste
Or two of the kits offered by maxvaper
2. the E-Max Pro E-MAX PRO KIT
3. the E-Max Vivi Nova BCC E-MAX VIVI NOVA BCC KIT
Anyone have any strong opinions about these, or other suggestions?

I know this is a common question, so I appreciate the time anyone spends to respond. Thanks so much for the help!

revco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Missoula, MT
Glad you're deciding to pick up vaping. You should be happy with the iTaste. I don't have any strong opinions, but I'd probably lean towards the Pro kit you linked, looks like an eVod setup to me. I like those little tanks and use them all the time. The ViviNova's are good, too. Regardless, either will be a decent kit I think. You might want to think about a VV setup instead for those batteries...I use mine more often than I do the regular batts, but I like the regular batts for out on the town, too. I'd also maybe encourage you to consider some glass heads, but that can also come later...but it allows you to vape some "tank cracking" juices out there. Regardless, anything in this level of gear is exponentially better than the cigalikes and should do the trick.

I know it's overwhelming at first, but once you start getting into it, things will make a lot more sense and it will become much easier. Congrats on your decision and hope whatever you get is going to work for you!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Which iTaste were you considering? There's several models offered by Innokin: the MVP, V3, SVD, 134, & VTR.

Did you notice the other two options are "out of stock"?

Personally I'd have gone with any of the iTaste options anyway. The out of stock kits are simply rebranded single-voltage eGo class batteries which do not offer variable voltage or ohm readers.

The iTaste V3 offers both variable voltage/wattage and ohm meter with LED display. USB charging and pass thru ability. Only a 800 mAh battery, so you might need two to last out an entire day out. Very pocket-friendly.

The iTaste MVP has the same features as the V3, but has a much more powerful 2600 mAh battery. It can last up to 3 days on a charge and also has pass thru ability.

itaste.jpg MVP V2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow guys thanks for the speedy responses! I contacted the vendor about the e-max kits and he says they'll be back in stock next week. I'll have to look into the models of iTaste, I'm not sure what I was looking at online now :). The long battery life sounds pretty good on the MVP. Even though I don't smoke a lot, I'd like vaping to be as easy as possible at least to start. If I only have to charge every few days that would be great. What about the ease of filling with juice, replacing parts, cleaning, and that sort of thing? Easier is better so I'm not tempted to go back to the quick flick of a bic.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
One of the nice things with a pass through is that you get to puff while it is charging. Any basic tank will be easy to fill and easy to clean. Usually just a matter of minutes to clean. convenience is a plus because you're right, it is too convenient just to flic da bic. you're headed in the right direction with your questions and with what you're already considering as options. Convenience is one of the things I love most about my iTaste vv 0.3.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Those E-max kits are really both Ego clones. There is no difference between them and any other Ego on the market. A Kanger EVOD with an MT3 clearo is the exact same thing.

https://minivapeshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/black-evod-mt3-vaporizer.jpg

If you're wanting a step above an Ego then I suggest the Innokin iTaste MVP.

Nice little box mod that does pretty much everything the big mods do, but at a very reasonable price. It's easier to carry around than some of the larger mods like the iTaste SVD, but works every bit as good. It's a good middle-step between the Ego and full sized mods. Great little device to learn with.

Last edited:

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
Wow guys thanks for the speedy responses! I contacted the vendor about the e-max kits and he says they'll be back in stock next week. I'll have to look into the models of iTaste, I'm not sure what I was looking at online now :). The long battery life sounds pretty good on the MVP. Even though I don't smoke a lot, I'd like vaping to be as easy as possible at least to start. If I only have to charge every few days that would be great. What about the ease of filling with juice, replacing parts, cleaning, and that sort of thing? Easier is better so I'm not tempted to go back to the quick flick of a bic.

The e-max kits don't look to be VV meaning you can't adjust your volts. I think you would get really tired of that setup very quick. You need something you can adjust for you hit and flavor. I would go with the Itaste vv or MVP2 or this http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm. Good luck & VAPE ON:vapor:

ZaoHulk

Feb 5, 2014
San Francisco
I've been vaping on the innokin MVP 2 also. It's excellent. You can use it as a charger for pretty much any kind of phone or MP3. That considered, it's priced pretty well. I bought my MVP from a local shop so it cost about 60 bucks. You can definitely get it cheaper online. It's bulky but I only have to put it on the charger every 3 or 4 days. Just make sure you find out the optimum voltage to use with each carto you use. Variable voltage is a huge plus too. It came with 2 dual top coil clearomizers. Gonna pick up a kanger dual bottom coil soon. Have fun!

Hello all! I'm taking the plunge and ditching smoking for vaping. I've been lurking a bit here on the forums but there's so much excellent information that I'm getting overwhelmed. The classic, paralysis through analysis thing. I'm trying to pick a starter kit. I am not concerned at all with whether or not the e-cig looks like an analog cig, so even through the Joye 510 is recommended for first timers, I'm thinking of skipping it. It seems like many people upgrade relatively soon after they start with this cigalike. I figure why waste the money if I don't care how it looks... Anyway I'd like opinions on these three options for my first set up:
1. Innokin iTaste
Or two of the kits offered by maxvaper
2. the E-Max Pro E-MAX PRO KIT
3. the E-Max Vivi Nova BCC E-MAX VIVI NOVA BCC KIT
Anyone have any strong opinions about these, or other suggestions?

I know this is a common question, so I appreciate the time anyone spends to respond. Thanks so much for the help!

Don't bother buying a "starter kit". I highly recommend getting an iTaste vv battery (which includes the USB cable for recharging) combined with a Kanger Pro tank. You can plug the USB end into any USB wall charger. If you can afford to buy two set ups you will find that switching off two different flavors makes it easier to kick the analog cigarettes because it's way more fun and satisfying. You won't be as tempted to sneak a ciggie if you get bored!

The best tip I can give is make sure you get plenty of replacement atomisers. You'll want to change them out every 10 days or so, depending on how heavily you vape. As soon as you notice a drop off in performance, change the atomiser. They are pretty cheap and are essential to maintain performance of your e-cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread