Chris and Sean review the Joye 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenfour

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Alabama
I don't have a SD, but I do have a 510, and the vapor on these things is outstanding. Of course, the battery life isn't comparable to a SD, but from what I've seen of the SD in video reviews the 510 produces more vapor. That's just my two cents. Maybe someone who owns both can comment and give a more accurate comparison. The 510 seems to be the best of the "stock" models.

Hangar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
can anyone tell me why my TECC 510 Titan just came in a larger and black box, instead of the smaller white style box that i see in all the video reviews lately?...Scott did a review of the tecc titan and it was also in a small white box...but this tecc titan i just received from totally wicked is in a larger black box and seems to have the problematic 2 second cutoff on the auto batts (and a bad charger to boot, in fact im waiting for a kit replacement at this time).

Does TW just use different packaging than TECC? (even though they are same company) or am i being sent an older or newer version??

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
can anyone tell me why my TECC 510 Titan just came in a larger and black box, instead of the smaller white style box that i see in all the video reviews lately?...Scott did a review of the tecc titan and it was also in a small white box...but this tecc titan i just received from totally wicked is in a larger black box and seems to have the problematic 2 second cutoff on the auto batts (and a bad charger to boot, in fact im waiting for a kit replacement at this time).

Does TW just use different packaging than TECC? (even though they are same company) or am i being sent an older or newer version??

Yikes, I just ordered the 510 from the same company, I hope it works, I hate sending things back!

tpboles

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2008
AL, USA
Damn , Seans response that the 510 kick's the SD ... WTF , did he blaze some of his medical mj perscription before the vid , there is no way in hell that it will outpreform the SD or a magnum for vapor of battery life be real boys!

I think he was joking as they don't have a sd to compare. I have had many mods (not the sd), and the 510 is as good as any of them besides battery life. :)

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States

sounds like you have an old version of it before they improved the battery , Scott has an old video with the old version of the battery and it did the same thing , quick 2 second cut off.

also , don't get me wrong i LOVE my 510 ( review coming soon ) but there is no way the battery or vapor could compare to the SD , it's absurd... like comparing a pee-wee to a penstyle

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com

hi mate,

at the start of my review of the TITAN i did say to ignore the packaging as TW and TECC would be using their own branded and improved packaging in the near future.

cheers,

scott

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
Scott has an old video with the old version of the battery and it did the same thing , quick 2 second cut off.

hi mate,

my review of the TITAN had the NEW version battery which was working perfectly!

however, i did explain the problems with the OLD style battery but proved that the NEW ones were working fine by taking a 10 second drag!

cheers,

scott

Chris From Cali

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm not sure about the old ones but the new ones don't have a cut off, at least not one that I've hit.

Damn , Seans response that the 510 kick's the SD ... WTF , did he blaze some of his medical mj perscription before the vid , there is no way in hell that it will outpreform the SD or a magnum for vapor of battery life be real boys!

As for the screwdriver Sean is full of ****, he was just joking. (He gets a Little excited sometimes) If you noticed I was about to say we havn't even tried the screwdriver before he cut me off. (To be honest I would never smoke a screwdriver it looks like a dildo, sorry guys :))

And we do mention that the 510 battery life sucks but 60 minute charge time isn't bad.

I still stand buy the fact that it creates more vapor than 401, 4081, 901 AND 801. Still havn't taken the Janty Stick out but I'm sure it will be the same as the Stick is just a Penstyle atomizer. Thanks guys! :D

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
I still stand buy the fact that it creates more vapor than 401, 4081, 901 AND 801. Still havn't taken the Janty Stick out but I'm sure it will be the same as the Stick is just a Penstyle atomizer. Thanks guys! :D

totally agree mate,

its easily the best vapour producing e-cig that i have ever used. however, i do notice that the vapour production does dwindle a little once the atomiser is about 2 weeks old. its still great, but definitely less than a brand new one. (but thats the same for most e-cigs!)

but the TITAN, or should i say 510 works best with the manual battery...........i dont even use the auto batts since getting a manual!

and by the way, all the guys i know who own the SD and a 510 say there is no difference in vapour production!

their words, not mine........so no flaming me fanboys! lol

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
hi mate,

my review of the TITAN had the NEW version battery which was working perfectly!

however, i did explain the problems with the OLD style battery but proved that the NEW ones were working fine by taking a 10 second drag!

cheers,

scott

ouch my bad , sorry boss ... i remember you mentioning the old batteries but for some reason i thought you had a video of it to.

the 510 batteries seem to have a pretty decent life on them , i put on a fresh battery at around 6:30 am this morning... and it didn't flash dead until around noon... with pretty steady vaping throughout , not bad

(To be honest I would never smoke a screwdriver it looks like a dildo, sorry guys )

HA HA HA!! maybe we need a dildo mod... you would have spectacular battery life... the only downside is.. you know... it would be a dildo...

Last edited:

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
Scott...how can I tell the difference between the OLD version battery and the NEW versions?...how can i approach TW about this issue to make sure that i receive only the new stuff?

hi mate,

as far as i am aware, all the old faulty batteries were sent back to Joye and were replaced with the new batch.

the old batteries would only produce a 1 or 2 second long drag no matter if you had a fresh cart on or had dripped a drop or 2 of juice onto the atomiser.
the new batch only ever gets a cut off problem when the atomiser is starting to get dry. as soon s it happens, it means it is time for a fresh cart and then it should be back to fully working again.

but in the starter kit you will now also get a manual battery which totally eliminates any problems of cut off. once you have tried the manual, you wont give a monkeys about the automatic battery and will just use it as a back up for when the manual is charging!

by the way, if you are in the UK, it might work out cheaper to get it from TECC and use the discount code in my signature. but if you are in the states then get it from the US TW site.

cheers,

scott

Hangar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Thanks Scott very much...yes im in the states thats why i ended up using TW instead of TECC website.

Well out of the box when i received the kit i was getting 2 second cutoffs constantly but its possible this may be due to either the batts not being fully charged at the time, and then i couldnt charge them because the charger itself i think was pooched...so now im awaiting a new kit and charger from TW. Hopefull once the batts are charged properly i will no longer get the cutoff. I asked them about this in 1 of my emails but they never addressed the issue for me.

Anyway...really enjoy your videos here..always looking forward to the next one! (which by the way would be great to see you get a Nebula!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread