The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

chronic bronchitis and vaping- problem

Discussion in 'Ask The Veterans' started by mugsie, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mugsie

mugsie Full Member

May 20, 2012
    florida u.s.a.
    i posted on the newcomers sight but thought a veteran might be able to help me. i have beeb vaping for 6 months pre-filled cartomizers with p.g.. i do have chronic bronchitis and the pulmonary doctor said vaping is better for me than smoking. has anyone experience constant throat clearing with phlegm after 6 months into vaping. i also drink lots of water. thanks for any help you can offer

2. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Before I switched to vaping I got bronchitis at least once a year, sometimes twice a year. I haven't had a case since.

Do I have phlegm issues? Sometimes. I seem to be sensitive to odors/scents/volatile compounds that I wasn't effected by before. Going into a Yankee Candle shop, the wife loves stores with candles, I will spend the next couple of days with a constant post nasal drip. I seem to be sensitive to hickory pollen now too.

But, I don't get bronchitis and get through bouts of excess mucus production without too many issues. Makes sleeping a bit more difficult than it should be, but it passes. If I fall below a gallon a day of water consumption, the mucus gets thicker and causes some coughing. (I'm a big guy so a gallon is smaller to me than most others.)

3. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.