Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
My vote would be for Want2Vape's Alcazar or Managua, if you like a nice, robust cigar. Their Acid Blondie's pretty decent if you're looking for something lighter, and a lot of people really like it. Personally I prefer the other two, but that's just my opinion. While their juices are amazing and get about as close you'll ever get to vaping a cigar, they are a bit tough on atty's.

Edit: Oops, my mistake -- I forgot the part where you mentioned Swisher Sweet and the other brands. In that case, something by Halo would probably get my vote too. I've heard good things about alien Visions' Havanna Gold too, although I haven't tried that one -- might be worth considering and maybe someone can chime in with an opinion on the matter.

Last edited:

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Highbrow Cigar is phenomenal. I also like Alien Visions Havana Gold, but Highbrow is in a totally different league. I would say that Alien Visions makes a good all-day-vape version of a cigar flavor, while Highbrow is the kind of thing you'd set aside time to savor.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Havana Gold -- I'll put some on my next order! I've heard good things about Highbrow. A friend of mine just ordered some and I'll try to get her to let me try it.

P.S. Have you caved-in and decided to bite the bullet on those 30 mL bottles of Pipe Sauce from ePipemods yet? :evil:

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Only vendor that understands cigars is Want2Vape

Acid Blondie Cigar
Alcazar
Tabac Especial
Managua
Red Pirate - made from smokeless tobacco
Louisville - Pipe Tobacco
London - Pipe Tobacco

All are extracted - IMO - everyone else can't compete

Based on my experience I'd have to agree with that. Have you tried Goodejuice? I haven't, but I've read that they've devised a process that does a better job filtering out the organic solids from the extracts that wreak havoc on attys. The prices look pretty good too.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Just wanted to provide a little update: I ordered a sample bottle of Havana Gold from Alien Visions based on jplanet's recommendation, and it arrived today. These are just my initial impressions, but the flavor is reminiscent of one of my fave cigar flavors, Want2Vape's Alcazar, although the Havana Gold is like a less bold, more mild version. You still get a hint of a nice, bold cigar flavor, though. This may change with steeping and the flavor may become more pronounced. I agree with jplanet's assessment that this one has a little more all-day vape potential because it is a bit more mild. Although I love Alcazar, I don't vape it all that often because it is bold enough to scratch my occasional real cigar itches when they come up. One definite plus on the Havana Gold is that it probably won't be so hard on my atomizers like Alcazar. In my experience (I've vaped a fair amount of Boba's, 555, Gorilla Juice, and Hype) Alien Visions' juices are very clean and atty-friendly. So far I give Havana Gold a thumbs up depending on what you're looking for in a cigar vape.

Last edited:

jplanet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
NJ
Just wanted to provide a little update: I ordered a sample bottle of Havana Gold from Alien Visions based on jplanet's recommendation, and it arrived today. These are just my initial impressions, but the flavor is reminiscent of one of my fave cigar flavors, Want2Vape's Alcazar, although the Havana Gold is like a less bold, more mild version. You still get a hint of a nice, bold cigar flavor, though. This may change with steeping and the flavor may become more pronounced. I agree with jplanet's assessment that this one has a little more all-day vape potential because it is a bit more mild. Although I love Alcazar, I don't vape it all that often because it is bold enough to scratch my occasional real cigar itches when they come up. One definite plus on the Havana Gold is that it probably won't be so hard on my atomizers like Alcazar. In my experience (I've vaped a fair amount of Boba's, 555, Gorilla Juice, and Hype) Alien Visions' juices are very clean and atty-friendly. So far I give Havana Gold a thumbs up depending on what you're looking for in a cigar vape.

Cool, glad that recommendation worked out! Yes, Havana Gold is definitely an "all day vape" version of cigar. I imagine that Highbrow's cigar is similar to Alcazar, in that you really, really get a realistic cigar experience from it, which isn't something you would necessarily want all day long...

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Cool, glad that recommendation worked out! Yes, Havana Gold is definitely an "all day vape" version of cigar. I imagine that Highbrow's cigar is similar to Alcazar, in that you really, really get a realistic cigar experience from it, which isn't something you would necessarily want all day long...

Yeah, thanks again for your recommendation, jplanet! Day 2 with Havana Gold and I'm still enjoying it. I tried a sample of Highbrow's Cigar about a week or so ago that a friend picked up, but it was a fairly fresh and I think it had yet to steep. I could get a sense of its potential, but I agree -- as good as Alcazar and Highbrow Cigar are (and Want2Vape's Acid Blondie, Tabak Especial, and Managua for that matter), probably only a REALLY dedicated cigar smoker could vape them all day, every day. These are are awesome special occasion vapes though, and as close to a cigar as you're going to get without lighting one up. Maybe if these juices were around 20 years ago, George Burns would still be with us today...

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Cigar clones seem to be a lot easier to produce than cig clones. The thing with cigarettes, tried one recently just to see, is that they don't exactly have what one would deem "flavor". I mean, they obviously have a taste, but not exactly flavor. Now, the smell of a freshly opened pack of cigarettes or tobacco pouch is awesome smelling, but the combustion kinda kills all of that. I tend to like juices that have a slight cigar taste to them, that's why I love Halo Freedom. I am starting to learn why cigars are easier to replicate, but if anyone wants to school me further that would be cool; but, I am not going to post any of my half minded knowledge about why I think it is easier to produce cigar clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread