Status
Not open for further replies.

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
I'm trying to convert a swisher sweet cigarillo smoker to vaping. Since I have no experience in this particular flavor, can another cigar aficionado please guide me to some vendors and/or flavors for this gentleman to try?

If you have a favorite cigar flavor, please describe what I need to tell him in terms of flavor. I do understand taste is subjective, but I'm totally at a loss as to where to look.

Thanks kindly for your input...

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I would say for a flavoring it would be a black n mild. It does carry some chocolate/vanilla notes.
ecigexpress and vaping zone carries this flavoring. It is a chinese flavoring btw.

The havana by Hangsen is really nice. Hangsen flavorings can be purchased at the above vendors of choosing. It has a rich deep cigar flavor. As always taste is subjective.

I tried pre-mix cigar flavorings. I have not found anything that wowed me. The only flavor that came close was Vapor Renu's havana cigar.

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
Calamity, I think I got this one for you. I used to smoke Capones, Swisher Sweets, Black and Milds, and Backwoods back in the day. It's actually how I started smoking way back when.

I've tried just about everything and I can say, without a doubt, that the closest thing to the sweet cigar/pipe tobacco hybrid flavor you get from these types of flavored cigars/cigarillos is Gandalf from Heather's Heavenly Vapes. No steeping required, FYI. It tastes closest to a Black and Mild out of the 4 I listed, but it will be close enough to a Swisher Sweet that your friend would be impressed.

Not only that, but it's also really freaking good. It's my favorite tobacco extract vape, and I've tried many. Goes really good with Guinness for what it's worth :D

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
Oh one other thing to add, I use a 70 VG/30 PG blend, but you may want to up the PG, because if he inhales those, he will definitely need more throat hit. HHV allows you to choose any VG/PG blend you want.

Edit: Another factor, these things have are pretty warm smokes compared to traditional cigars. Not sure what your friend's setup is, but he's going to want relatively high wattage. At least 7.5 for sure.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
I never had a swisher sweet but did smoke premium cigars (like at a cigar shop, $6 or more).

Heathers Heavenly Vapes does have a swisher sweet liquid.

Want2Vape has the best cigar eliquids out there. These are extracted from real cigars. I'll break them down:
Blondie:this is from the Acid Blondie cigar. It's a natural wrapper that is herb infused
Alcazar: this is a mild maduro cigar
Cold Infusion: the best natural cigar flavor out there. this really is exactly like the best natural cigar
Tabac Especial: made by the same maker of Blondie, this is a coffee infused cigar. The cigar leaves are soaked in real coffee.
Managua: a dark maduro cigar. The best maduro cigar eliquid out there

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
I never had a swisher sweet but did smoke premium cigars (like at a cigar shop, $6 or more).

Heathers Heavenly Vapes does have a swisher sweet liquid.

They do. Oddly enough, I find the Gandalf much more satisfying and closer to the cigar/pipe flavor hybrid that I think her friend is after.

It's very different than a proper cigar, as you know.

Having smoked many premium cigars as well, I doubt anyone will be able to perfect a Bahia Gold maduro 1999 flavor. :D

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
Highbrow Cigar is impeccable...

I got a bottle for my birthday and it is steeping since it had a date on it. I tried it out (had to!) and it was good before steeping. When I still smoked I favored the full, rich, smooth, flavor of the Arturo Fuente Curlytop. It is an excellent cigar at a much lower price it easily rivals other cigars that cost two, three, or four times as much. I mentioned my cigar preference when I ordered from Highbrow. I just have to try to make it to Saturday!

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
so do you inhale the vapor from a cigar vape?

ha, that's good stuff. I don't because I only smoked cigars and pipes. Inhaling them caused extreme coughing and sickness unless you destroyed your lungs enough to handle it. I vape the exact same. However, I did have a real cigar awhile back and exhaled through my nose. That hurt really freaking bad

b3ast1e

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
UK South Coast
How about this:

El Toro Puros Naturales from House of Liquid.

Or, if they have any left as it's being produced in 500 limited first run:

El Toro Grande Guevara

It's quite a novel approach to organic extracted shop bought blends, because it comes pre-steeped in 10g uncut Havana Prime wrapper leaf and Nicaraguan filler leaf, the idea being you steep, then decant, then refill with another bottle of supplied ready mixed base and repeat - a halfway house of premade but with the characteristic control you gain from DIY blends.

I've not tried this myself but here's a review from someone who just has. I have pre-ordered the Grande Virginia Prime though, which I'll tell you guys about when I finally get my hands on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread