cigarette style

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got alot of good info from my first thread and I appreciate it. Im now leaning towards a cigarette style ecig.

Im a total noob but whatever I buy will be my first and last ecig so I want something that can last. Anything at or slightly larger than a cigarette will do. Id prefer carts I could refill (but not necessary) and a 0 nicotine option is a must.

Green Smoke & Vapor4Life are the 2 Ive been looking at but Im sure there are better options.

Thanks!

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Im a total noob but whatever I buy will be my first and last ecig so I want something that can last. Anything at or slightly larger than a cigarette will do. Id prefer carts I could refill (but not necessary) and a 0 nicotine option is a must.

Hi dj! Why is a 0mg nicotine option essential for your first (and only) purchase? Have you ever smoked tobacco?

EDIT - Okay, so I read some of your previous posts and I see that you're a non-smoker. I don't want you to feel that you have to explain your decision to take up vaping all over again, so let's move on...

As far as cigalikes are concerned, I started off with Greensmoke and really enjoyed them. However, their flavors are pretty limited and its not easy to refill the cartos. The Halo G6 has been getting some really good reviews recently. Halo carries a good range of flavors and also gives you the the option of ordering blank cartos.

JJ

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I second an Ego - or a vision spinner which is basically the same thing and inexpensive and variable voltage. It's hardly much bigger than a cigarette and you can charge them using a wall socket or any USB port you happen to be near.

If it has to look like a cigarette then there are loads of them but they all have the same failing - very limited battery life, expensive cartos to put on the ends, expensive spares and i can pretty much guarantee, only their brand of anything will work with it.

An Ego on the other hand will allow you to use anything with an Ego or 510 connection and that is pretty much anything out there. Futureproofing!

T

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Good luck with that! I havent seen any numbers on those who have managed to stay successful on getting off of analogs with a cig-alike but I'm guessing thats its pretty low....somewhere in the range of 30 percent. The rest either move on the larger e-cig or pv or just go back to smoking.

A lot of people recommend an Ego Twist or bigger because technology hasnt evolved to the point where something the size of a cigarette can deliver an adequate vaping experience for the vast majority of vapers out there, especially those who smoked more than a pack a day.

An example would be an Ego having a longer battery life (8-10) hours of heavy vaping versus a KR808 giving you 4 hours at best.

Dont let something as simple as form factor limit your choices or options or cause you to go back to smoking.

My point is try to keep an open mind and be aware that you can get MUCH better performance if youre able to let go of the size thing. I dont even notice the size or weight of my PV after using it for 7 months.

Congrats on your decision to quit smoking and good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I started out on cigalikes (Premium Vapes and V2) and I have moved on to bigger and better (variable voltage) and I know in my heart that I will upgrade from time to time and continue in my search for the holy vape but..... I still use my little Kr808D-1's. I have six batteries and a bunch of clearomizers. Great for taking into restaurants, stealth vaping and tasting new flavors. If I had never smoked before I think it would be enough for me. But since I smoked for 100 years, I need more to keep my addiction at bay. I know people say this is their hobby but for me it is just a healthier choice in the life style I have chosen. Who knows, in six months we may see you vaping down the street looking like a Cheech and Chong movie. heehee Good luck and welcome to the group.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Hi dj! Why is a 0mg nicotine option essential for your first (and only) purchase? Have you ever smoked tobacco?

EDIT - Okay, so I read some of your previous posts and I see that you're a non-smoker. I don't want you to feel that you have to explain your decision to take up vaping all over again, so let's move on...

As far as cigalikes are concerned, I started off with Greensmoke and really enjoyed them. However, their flavors are pretty limited and its not easy to refill the cartos. The Halo G6 has been getting some really good reviews recently. Halo carries a good range of flavors and also gives you the the option of ordering blank cartos.

JJ

Oh well then NM then.I must have missed that part as its thankfully not that common yet.

If you were thinking about trying cigarettes and decided to go with vaping because its a healthier alternative I can sort of understand.

On the other hand just be aware that even with vaping being healthier than cigarettes you are still hurting your lungs and potentially your body in the long run as there have been no studies on the long term affects of vaping. 10 years from now I could find out that the flavoring in my favorite e-juice causes cancer above a certain daily intake. FOR ME its worth the risk compared to the other 4k chemicals I was putting in body every day as a two pack a day smoker of 25 years.

Please dont use vaping as a springboard into smoking.I dont want you to suffer the damaging affects, carcinogens and possibility of cancer that many of us labored with daily until finding this miracle that is vaping.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I (think) you made a good decision going with the g6 batteries from Halo. although I usually recommend the Volt or Bloog batteries, because I know for a fact they stay around 3.7 volts, the halo g6 batteries are also known to hoover around 3.7v for their entire charge. The g6 batteries are good batteries from what i am hearing and the halo kit was priced well. I hope you picked up an extra (3rd or even 4th) battery because the small cig-alike batteries are known to die pretty early in life when compared to larger batteries. 6mo to 1yr as opposed to the 1yr+ that we get with the larger eGo style devices. the ECF unofficial motto is ALWAYs keep backups, for your backups. that means that you need your initial 2 batteries, but then you need a backup battery, but you also need a backup battery for that backup battery. lol. If you choose to not follow the motto, your gonna end up having a bad time at some point. Because you chose to go with cigalikes, basically 2 of those batteries should be considered one PV. So in my humble opinion and advice, you should get 3 sets if you want to completely stay out of trouble. They do die, but more often than them dying for good, the charge dies! Those batteries are tiny and they become fully discharged very quickly. So u will want to have a lot on hand incase 1 of them dies. A remedy for this is a PCC. A PCC is a personal charging case. U can carry a PCC in your pocket. It will charge 1 of ur G6 batteries while it is in your pocket. This will save you and pay for itself over and over again. If I was mainly relying on the cigalike batteries, i would definitely have at least 6 batteries, at least 1 PCC, and at least 2 AC wall outlet chargers to charge 2 of the batteries once your home from work, or to charge one while your PCC is charging. This backups for backups goes for juice as well. I'm not sure how much juice you picked up, but vapers usually vape 3 to 6ml of juice each day. I sometimes vape 6+ ml of juice. If you bought just one pack of cartomizers, those cartos only have 1.5 to 2ml of juice in each of them. So keep that in mind. Your going to need to stock up on some large refill bottles of juice once you think of some flavors that yOU KNow you will enjoy. simple flavors are usually good for all day vapes. things like vanilla, grape, caramel, etc. And the cartos... 5 cartos is a sentence to hell if that is all your going to rely on for a while. a burnt cartomizer never comes back to life IMO. and they can and do burn by accident every now and then. A carto, for me, in my opinion, only lasts around a week. maybe arouuund 2 weeks if your lucky. Other than this all, you chose good batteries. Time to stock up on more batteries, more chargers, more juice, nd more cartos! u may also want to look into nano clearomizers and shorty cartos for some variety. There are cartomizer tanks too. Do some research on those. enjoy your vape journey buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread