Clapton or parallel coil on rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizen39

Mar 18, 2018
Hi, I've the smok tfv12 prince with the rba section (dual parallel coils) mounted on a smokjoy gotta god tube mod (4.2-3.5V unregulated at 120-30W).
I would like to use prebuild coils in order to regenerating.
Since it's unregulated mod, I think I'll use kanthal a1 wire, cos I want to stay between 0.2omh
For consistent, dense vapor and rich flavor at that ohm, which premade coil do you advice?
I've looked for clapton coils, but will i be fine with that mod?

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
And so what can I use for subohm vaping? The mod limit is >=0.15 ohm and I have a sub ohm tank
Anything under 1.0ohm is subohm. I generally subohm between .6 and .25 myself. I’m currently vaping a .4. The problem with a .2 coil is variance can easily drop that to below .15. And it’s apparently a mech so there is no cutoff. You’ve got to be sure of the ohm of the coil before you use it. A half ohm drop on first heat up is not even particularly unusual. It might work though. You never know.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I tend to agree with Bombastinator you will be pushing your battery pretty hard at that resistance, and the more metal you have in your builds, the more "energy" it will take to heat everything up. I'd suggest a single coil if you want to go exotic, and build with a bit more margin for safety, maybe in the 0.3--0.6 range. If this is your very first build on a mech specifically. You will get a feel for how it vapes and how it performs, and can go from there. But your current calculations sound like you are leaving yourself very little room for error. Maybe see how your equipment and battery perform at a higher resistance range, without redlining everything, you can try dual coils and a lower resistance later. Tons of room to experiment on a mod, if you start out safely and get a feel for things. The mech will be there for other builds, especially if you don't blow it up accidentally on your first build. I'm not saying that WILL happen, but it certainly has the potential to. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: Shizen39

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah exotic coils aren't so necessary ahah. However i like vaping with dual coil. I'll do higher resistances.
Ps: in theory, kanthal a1 isn't the wire that stay on costant ohm even when it's heated a lot? So with an ohm reader would i be fine?
Kanthal will drop too, though it drops less than stainless. A spaced coil can help with reducing drop

Br0k3nW1ngz

Apr 8, 2018
Canada
Hi, I've the smok tfv12 prince with the rba section (dual parallel coils) mounted on a smokjoy gotta god tube mod (4.2-3.5V unregulated at 120-30W).
I would like to use prebuild coils in order to regenerating.
Since it's unregulated mod, I think I'll use kanthal a1 wire, cos I want to stay between 0.2omh
For consistent, dense vapor and rich flavor at that ohm, which premade coil do you advice?
I've looked for clapton coils, but will i be fine with that mod?
i use parallel builds in my mech and usually build for about 0.19 to 0.22 ohms

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread