Classic and modern vaping and long gone flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
and the juice now simply doesn’t taste quite the same with the V2 creams and vanillas.

I diy so I definitely noticed a difference when I switched from V1s to V2s.
That's why I've stayed with v1's. I don't like what they did with the v2's. The v1 flavors just taste better to me. Give me v1's!!! :)

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
All of the above + I remember, back in the day, trying new flavours (always ready made - DIY was a year away) and being amazed that my vape could taste of custard or strawberries or caramel or.... It was a time that was very close to when i smoked and the sheer novelty of my 'cigarette' tasting of anything other than ash and poison was fantastic.
Some of the flavours i vaped back then would leave me distinctly unimpressed today.
TLDR: Nostalgia.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
That's why I've stayed with v1's. I don't like what they did with the v2's. The v1 flavors just taste better to me. Give me v1's!!! :)

I use predominantly bakery flavors, and the V1s tend to have diacetyl, acetoin, and acetyl propionyl
I suppose a little of these is nothing to be too concerned about, but since they’re the bulk of my vape, I try to avoid them. The slight taste difference is worth feeling a little safer imho.

• Agree
Reactions: 440BB

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    My experience is that most devices have poor flavor. I think it's that you have to find different juices and develop better technique, in other words put in effort, to get good flavor from different atomizers. The high watt guys rave about the amazing flavor but I've never experienced any evidence it could be superior, so haven't really tried, plus I don't think I can handle anything that big or high VG for that matter.

I maintain a low power pocket vape, although don't use it a lot. When I was using a Nautilus I found it only really created great flavor on the smallest 2 airholes. That milkshake through a straw airflow seems essential to getting magic out of small amounts of high flavor juice. I get magic out of my main RDA setup too, which is still only ~15W but loose draw, but with low flavored DIY juice where the flavor is complementary to the taste of PG and VG. The old juices barely give a hint of what makes them so great in tight airflow devices.

As I lost the Nautilus, I'm back using an EVOD with rebuilt coil and cotton for the pocket. Barely over 5 watts. I'm back to using Goodejuice NETs and seem like they always were, although I've only been doing this about 5 years.

Reactions: gpjoe
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread