Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Confused about the latest blog post/rule change regarding clone/counterfeit and authentics. It said the rules haven't really changed, but it's now it sounds like you're listing clones and counterfeits as the same thing and those aren't allowed to be sold period??? Sounds like nothing but authentic anythings can be sold, is that right?

Last edited:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Confused about the latest blog post/rule change regarding clone/counterfeit and authentics. It said the rules haven't really changed, but it's now it sounds like you're listing clones and counterfeits as the same thing and those aren't allowed to be sold period??? Sounds like nothing but authentic anythings can be sold, is that right?
No. If you read the details he gives, those haven't really changed. There was confusion because the industry calls some copies, or items inspired by authentics, a "clone".

Just remember that anything on the classifieds must follow the conventions below to be acceptable:

Unacceptable
Counterfeit - Counterfeits will basically be an exact replica or a very similar copy of the original and not so much tied to the shape as it is more the markings. The shape would come into play if there are unique characteristics of the device shape. This can include grooves, cutouts, coloring, or trademarks in specific locations.

Acceptable

Can be similar in size, shape (unless shape is unique) and even design but will not contain the same markings or colors. As long as the device can be distinguished as different from the original entirely, it will be considered acceptable. The device should be absent of all characteristics contained in the original, to include grooves, cutouts, coloring, shape if unique, and/or trademarks.

The part above I bolded and underlined is key. Just remember for so-called "clone" RBA's and RDA's to include a photo of the bottom of it.

I hope that helps! :)

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks, it does. The way joker said it in the blog is that a device would now be considered either legitimate ( I took to mean authentic) or counterfeit, then he quoted the rule section that counterfeits can't be sold on ECF. That left only authentic. But then said the rules hadn't really changed, so that left me scratchin my head lol

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Please, in your ads...

If you edit or post...don't be unchecking the box next to open, that will close it.

So many people are closing their ads by accident and then complaining that WE closed their ads.

When you are done with what ever you are doing...just look to make sure your ad is open when done :)

wedoitall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Clay, West Virginia, USA
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am trying to post up a new post for sale. everytime I try to submit it says "error enter a value using 100 characters or less" But I can tell which part of the ad its wanting me to use 100 words or less. Is it for the description of merchandise section? also what is the size limit of uploading a picture? having a few problems there also. any help is greatly appreciated!

FogZone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2015
United States
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am trying to post up a new post for sale. everytime I try to submit it says "error enter a value using 100 characters or less" But I can tell which part of the ad its wanting me to use 100 words or less. Is it for the description of merchandise section? also what is the size limit of uploading a picture? having a few problems there also. any help is greatly appreciated!
I'm a noob to the classifieds & am having this same problem.
Any help would be appreciated!

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the device can be distinguished as different from the original entirely, it will be considered acceptable.

The part above I bolded and underlined is key. Just remember for so-called "clone" RBA's and RDA's to include a photo of the bottom of it.
I'm still confused. What about, for example, something like an "EHPro Kayfun Lite+ V2"? It can clearly be distinguished from the original, as it comes in EHPro-branded packaging, and it has two airholes whereas the original only has one. On the other hand, it's a 1:1 copy besides that second airhole, and it DOES have the SvoeMesto logo on the tank itself. Would something like that be allowed, as it's "clearly distinguishable from the original" by that second airhole, or would it be considered a counterfeit due to the overall design and markings?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm still confused. What about, for example, something like an "EHPro Kayfun Lite+ V2"? It can clearly be distinguished from the original, as it comes in EHPro-branded packaging, and it has two airholes whereas the original only has one. On the other hand, it's a 1:1 copy besides that second airhole, and it DOES have the SvoeMesto logo on the tank itself. Would something like that be allowed, as it's "clearly distinguishable from the original" by that second airhole, or would it be considered a counterfeit due to the overall design and markings?
I've had a similar question about a Marquis RDA that was modded by Catfish to be bottom fed. It's got all the marquis logos, but the difference is......the original has a flanged screw that can be seen clearly for the + contact, but mine does not have the flange on the screw. It is a bit confusing.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
and it DOES have the SvoeMesto logo on the tank itself

It's got all the marquis logos,
That right there, the fact the logos are on the items, makes it counterfeit per our rules, and would preclude them from being sold in the Classifieds forum.

Reactions: Debadoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread