The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Classified Suggestions & Questions

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds and Swaps' started by j0ker, Feb 27, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Reviewers Mgr
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Usually, but not always. When in doubt, refer to the rules:

• Counterfeit products will not be allowed to be sold on ECF, no matter if the item is described as such or not (see definitions below). Items being sold should never be misrepresented, for example listing a counterfeit product as the authentic product. Members found knowingly misrepresenting a cloned device as authentic WILL lose their Verified Member status and may risk being banned from ECF. Ads found listing a counterfeit product will be closed and member advised of violation.
    Unacceptable
    Counterfeit
    - Counterfeits will basically be an exact replica or a very similar copy of the original and not so much tied to the shape as it is more the markings. The shape would come into play if there are unique characteristics of the device shape. This can include grooves, cutouts, coloring, or trademarks in specific locations.

Acceptable
    Can be similar in size, shape (unless shape is unique) and even design but will not contain the same markings or colors. As long as the device can be distinguished as different from the original entirely, it will be considered acceptable. The device should be absent of all characteristics contained in the original, to include grooves, cutouts, coloring, shape if unique, and/or trademarks.

Classified Rules - Updated Often

2. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
  3. CrazyNight

CrazyNight Senior Member Verified Member

Sep 10, 2014
    NY USA
  4. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Reviewers Mgr
    Asst Classifieds Mgr

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Sorry, once you've passed the 24 hour mark, you can no longer edit your OP. If it absolutely must be edited, you can request a mod or admin to do so by Reporting your post, and describing the edit you need, and we'll get to it as soon as possible. The best thing, and SOP for most people, is really just to make a new post to announce changes. Perhaps BOLD a headline first (and maybe color and/or increase size) to draw attention to what has changed (just not the whole post :) )?

• Like Like x 2
  5. CrazyNight

CrazyNight Senior Member Verified Member

Sep 10, 2014
    NY USA
    Thank you for the advice! I'll follow your suggestion and make a new post in the thread with only the price change, highlighting / bold so it stands out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    @sonicdsl, good evening. I can't find an ad that had a SMPL and Origen, here in recent weeks. Wouldn't it appear in closed? Have some ads dropped off?

7. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Reviewers Mgr
    Asst Classifieds Mgr

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
  8. woodardjd

woodardjd Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2013
    Midwest City, OK
    Disregard. It appears I'm an idiot today.

9. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Wally Sparks

Wally Sparks Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2011
    Round Rock, TX
    ISO Meucci Mod. Anyone willing to sell or trade?

11. Dontknow

Dontknow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Devon
    How do I get permission to post a for sale or a wanted add? I thought I’d had it already... but since latest upgrade - it seems I don’t anymore...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Reviewers Mgr
    Asst Classifieds Mgr

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    I see you posted this via Tapatalk. Note that Tapatalk does not have Post creation permissions in the classifieds due to some incompatibilities with forms and so forth. You have to create the ad via a web browser. Replying and commenting in classifieds is still permitted via Tapatalk however. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dontknow

Dontknow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Devon
    Ahah...
    OK, thanks for that.
    I’ve actually sorted the current issue, but will remember this for the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. PugLady

PugLady Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    Looking for the rules policies regarding listing juices I tried only a few drops of, didn't like and want to sell. I cannot find anything on listing juices so I just want to make sure I follow all applicable rules. Also, I have 8 bottles of different juices and I know you can only have 4 open classifieds so can I put all the juices in one post? I sold juice on here many years ago but I jus don't remember the rules and figured they have probably changed by now too lol.
    - I did read through the rules and the rules updates blog too but saw nothing.
    I also wondered if it is possible to change my screen name, 1 I never meant for it to be all in caps lol. 2. I was married then and used my married name. I just got divorced and am going back to my families name Lake. Is it possible to change our screen name? I would hate to be stuck with his name in my face everyday lol.
    Thanks for your help!
    Kelly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

15. PugLady

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    Oh ok, thanks!!

16. PugLady

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    Ok, apparently I posted from Tapatalk and it needed to be posted here so here goes.

Looking for the rules policies regarding listing juices I tried only a few drops of, didn't like and want to sell. I cannot find anything on listing juices so I just want to make sure I follow all applicable rules. Also, I have 8 bottles of different juices and I know you can only have 4 open classifieds so can I put all the juices in one post? I sold juice on here many years ago but I jus don't remember the rules and figured they have probably changed by now too lol.
    - I did read through the rules and the rules updates blog too but saw nothing.
    I also wondered if it is possible to change my screen name, 1 I never meant for it to be all in caps lol. 2. I was married then and used my married name. I just got divorced and am going back to my families name Lake. Is it possible to change our screen name? I would hate to be stuck with his name in my face everyday lol.
    Thanks for your help!
    Kelly

17. Pinggolfer

Pinggolfer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I would like to know why my ad was closed. I certainly didn't close it and it's an authentic Kayfun.

18. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member

Heya Ping

I just saw this - If you uncheck the Open box it closes the thread...When I see a closed thread I move it to Closed :)

19. Pinggolfer

Pinggolfer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thank you, it's a bit different from the past.

20. fogMann

fogMann Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2013
    Chicago, IL, USA
    I posted an item for sale yesterday - "Lost Vape Therion DNA 166 Box Mod - Silvery/Carbon Fiber Black". I had problems figuring out how to get images included and edited the post 2-3 times. I now see
    Thread Status: Not open for further replies. I assume that is due to my edits. How should I proceed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.