Classifieds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
I see that the classifieds (for sale/trade, etc) has really diminished here, is this due to ProVape closing up a couple of years ago by any chance? :danger:

I was kinda hoping to find a P3 but I guess not, aww shucks! I see some people on ebay selling them for over 300 bucks though.:glug:

I'm still so sad over ProVape closing, I don't think I'll ever get over it. The quality was just quality that you will never find anywhere else.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I see that the classifieds (for sale/trade, etc) has really diminished here, is this due to ProVape closing up a couple of years ago by any chance? :danger:

I was kinda hoping to find a P3 but I guess not, aww shucks! I see some people on ebay selling them for over 300 bucks though.:glug:

I'm still so sad over ProVape closing, I don't think I'll ever get over it. The quality was just quality that you will never find anywhere else.
The classifieds have been in a cage in the back yard for over a year.
No one feeds them, no one gives them water.
They have been allowed to die by neglectful parents.
("It's not our fault" claims ECF, "The only person in the whole world that can do the job is gone")
Shoulders shrugged, back turned and ECF walks away mumbling, "brands connect....vaping.com..revenue streams...unique visits..."

HTH
I

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Classified here died for a multitude of reasons.
Main one being the number of affordable mainstream mods that hit the market. Squonkers for $25 that work as good (or better) as a Reo and VW devices for $30 and up.
Then there are the other places where people don't try to get new prices for used items. (I picked up a basically new Topside dual on another forum for $45 shipped)
No clones. (outdated policy as most original atty's go for $30 nowadays and if you sold a clone as original, the feedback would let people know about you)
The list goes on.

It IS sad that we've lost a lot of good mod makers to mass produced mods from China though.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I don't think the classified section of this forum going down hill is linked to provape really. It is just that the classified here have been practically abandoned. It is in desparate need of a good ole revamp.

I had to join another forum to have access to a healthy classifieds. The one here is quite limited. There are a few good items that pop up from time to time, but it isn't as often as it should be.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
It’s death has nothing to do with provape or cheap Chinese gear. It has everything to do with nobody is around to approve newer members access. All of us with access already bought and sold all of our stuff to each other 3 times over. Why they can’t appoint an active member to run the classified section, I’ll never know.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
It’s death has nothing to do with provape or cheap Chinese gear. It has everything to do with nobody is around to approve newer members access. All of us with access already bought and sold all of our stuff to each other 3 times over. Why they can’t appoint an active member to run the classified section, I’ll never know.

There was an official post there at one time with some explanations. There was a problem with the approval process. Some of the approval methods had to be dropped, can't remember why, maybe something to do with liability or security issues. Then there was a problem where the new forum software wouldn't support some part of the approval process. And the staffer who was running it stopped being available. I guess it would be a lot of work. I don't know how many people would be willing to donate that amount of their time. Not sure if they are paid for it.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
An open classifieds seems to work just fine for other forums (and not just vape forums). This is actually the only forum I have been a part of that uses a verification method. I fully believe that the verification process needs to be dropped, that alone would solve a lot of problems.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

THIS ↑↑↑

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread