got a gripe with classy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
So I'm on the hunt for 2 provari's saw them on the site for 160-200 ok pricey yes but still i want them. so I came here to good 'ol ECF. what do i find USED provari's going for 160-200 bucks so I'm kinda going nuts about this. I know there is a sale going on over at provapes but still you can get a brand new one with a scratch on it for that price even without a sale. So I'm just wondering why people seem to think they can get so much back outta the provari when new ones can be had for the same price?????

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
So I'm on the hunt for 2 provari's saw them on the site for 160-200 ok pricey yes but still i want them. so I came here to good 'ol ECF. what do i find USED provari's going for 160-200 bucks so I'm kinda going nuts about this. I know there is a sale going on over at provapes but still you can get a brand new one with a scratch on it for that price even without a sale. So I'm just wondering why people seem to think they can get so much back outta the provari when new ones can be had for the same price?????

Do they sell?

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Sometimes these are coming with the extension cap or an LCD color that is costs more. So I have a black provari v2, you can buy it for 180, I would list it for 180. It has a blue led and an extension cap, which costs an extra 40ish dollars total on the provape site, I may be able to get more than 180 as there are no scratches or imperfections. Sometimes they are being sold with other things, whether you want them or not, those raise the price

You can also make an offer that is less and see if they bite, wait for the price to drop if no one wants to pay that amount or just buy it from provape. Provari's in mint condition don't really lose a lot of value. It's a sales situation, if you don't like the price and don't want to haggle (which is not possible if someone else is willing to pay the price) then don't buy it.

You could also just wait for someone who needs to offload it quick and puts it up for less. Again, they are available at Provape, so you can just get them there if the deals in the classies don't strike your fancy.

Last edited:

Crack3dOne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Northern VA
I'm so glad you started this thread. I really have just needed a place to vent about the bloodsuckers who buy ihybrid LE's with the sole intention to flip them on the classies for $400 bucks. Seriously. They are $255. They are not a house, they do not increase in value! They either hold value with condition and loose value with use.

But in the end I guess the only people really to blame for this are the ones who end up paying it and thus letting the scalpers hold their ground.

I've really never seen such greed before I arrived to the ECF classies.

Rant over.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
I'm so glad you started this thread. I really have just needed a place to vent about the bloodsuckers who buy ihybrid LE's with the sole intention to flip them on the classies for $400 bucks. Seriously. They are $255. They are not a house, they do not increase in value! They either hold value with condition and loose value with use.

But in the end I guess the only people really to blame for this are the ones who end up paying it and thus letting the scalpers hold their ground.

I've really never seen such greed before I arrived to the ECF classies.

Rant over.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forms.php?do=form&fid=20

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere

Quick question and I have nothing in this argument because I wouldn't pay list for an iHybrid LE, do they count as a non-reportable item since they are basically never going to be produced again?

And Crack3dOne, regardless of the exemption or not, the market is dictating the price. If I had one and it's worth that to someone else plus within the rules to sell it for whatever I can get...why would I sell it for less? That's part of why people put in the effort to get limited edition anything.

Last edited:

Crack3dOne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Northern VA

Can't do that because they technically fall under "rare and discontinued" items. It's a catch 22 because on one hand they are a limited run of a certain color and design. But on the other hand they are all LE's and they are continuing to be produced.

That fact of the matter is the apparent greed, it's disgusting.

And it's just comes back to what I said before anyways, about the enabling by buyers. Heck, by the time I would half way through that form it would have been sold anyways.

I'm glad for the form, it solved a lot of gouging when it comes to the orion and other similar items.

Crack3dOne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Northern VA
Quick question and I have nothing in this argument because I wouldn't pay list for an iHybrid LE, do they count as a non-reportable item since they are basically never going to be produced again?

And Crack3dOne, regardless of the exemption or not, the market is dictating the price. If I had one and it's worth that to someone else plus within the rules to sell it for whatever I can get...why would I sell it for less? That's part of why people put in the effort to get limited edition anything.

Why would you even have that mind set to buy two when you only have one mouth? Why would you buy two with the intention of not keeping one and tacking on $150 as soon as you get it in the mail instead of just buying one for yourself and letting someone else have a shot at getting one? If that's not greed then apparently I'm not in touch with my morals and values.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Why would you even have that mind set to buy two when you only have one mouth? Why would you buy two with the intention of not keeping one and tacking on $150 as soon as you get it in the mail instead of just buying one for yourself and letting someone else have a shoot at getting one? If that's not greed then apparently I'm not in touch with my morals and values.

That's how collector's markets (which ihybrid le's fall into) work in reality. You can call it a lack of morals or ethics but it's the same in everything from guns to stamps. It's naive to think that people would be different with limited edition vaping items.

Buy two and trade one for something you missed out on or sell the second one if that's not possible. Sit on it if you think the value will go up. These aren't new concepts and the business of vaping isn't exempt from them. If you changed the rules here on limited edition stuff, they would just be sold somewhere else. If you want it for list price, get on the list.

Last edited:

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
As long as there is a market for "collectibles" and people buy them there will be people that buy low and sell higher.. The market will self regulate and if no one wants to pay a premium for collectibles they will remain unsold until the price is lowered or some person decides the price is acceptable. If the buyer is willing to pay the price then it is obvious that the item was not over priced.

The nice thing to know is that you won't be bidding against me for that newly restored 1957 Chevy :)

Crack3dOne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Northern VA
Funny funny. I just don't see PV's the same as guns or cars. You are implying that I don't understand how a market works on collectables or antiques, which is not correct. I have already posted twice that I understand that it is the consumer that drives the price, you are not really telling me anything I don't know.

I wanted to rant about the greed on LE's, I've done so, I'm moving on.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Funny funny. I just don't see PV's the same as guns or cars. You are implying that I don't understand how a market works on collectables or antiques, which is not correct. I have already posted twice that I understand that it is the consumer that drives the price, you are not really telling me anything I don't know.

I wanted to rant about the greed on LE's, I've done so, I'm moving on.

You could call it greed, some of us call it an act of kindness. There are mods out there that are very rare, which you are aware of the whole supply and demand thing. Some of us are quite thankful that someone would even consider selling some of these mods, at ANY price. Quite thankful they make something available that would be otherwise impossible to get. You can call them greedy, but some of these items they will seriously regret selling as the years go by, and they will never be able to replace them. I have 3 provaris right now, 1 of them I purchased from classys because it was mint, and the user wanted to try something out. I felt I was doing him a favor, I get a mod I want (same price as vendor) shipped faster, and I help a fellow ECF member explore some other mod options. No reason to loose money on super high quality mods! I always check classys before I purchase something new, just incase I could help them move along.

Examples of things I sold and regret:but was offered insane amounts of money for--
GGTS Nickle plated + UFS <-- I have an SS one, but I sure miss that light weight version.
VV Monkeybox <--- I was offered 3x what I paid for it
GLV3 Custom Polished <--- took them 3 months to make and polish this one for me

In all these cases, I technicaly made a TON of money vs what I paid for it, but I was not the winner in these trades. I would gladly let them be "greedy" and charge me more then I charged them just to get these items back.

Last edited:

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
Well guys I dont think it's anything to report on if someone wants to buy it then go for it no big deal to me. I was just trying to understand (and i read this in a post) how someone can get a provari with the extra cap then use it for a little while THEN put it up for sale at the price they paid for it. It's used it's not a collectable they still make them. I understand with add on like LED color and what not the price would be a bit more. it's not like I just said oh I hear people talking about it so I want one too! I looked at everything i could went to the site read every word on there and it just seems to me (with the provari) people seems to think that they lose no value no matter how long they have used it. I'm not trying to say anything bad about them it's just I've sold plenty of things on adds online n such I look up what they go for new think about how long I've had it and adjust the price down from there. you're never going to get what you paid for unless they stop making them. but in a free market you do what you want and I'll just keep my eye out for the best deal.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
There's a hat for every head and an ... for every seat...any item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Would I buy one of the price inflated quasi collectables? Nope...instead I just paid $ 180 for a much nicer (in my opinion) Ikarus with all the extra tubes and other goodies from someone who wasn't out to price gorge folks. If you want one of these limited edition mods you should be logged in and ready to buy the instant they are released, release dates and times are always announced well ahead of times.

I do believe they are pushing the limits of the rules with that loophole but I saw a $180 Chi-You which is not a limited edition and semi available sell for $350 in the classies a week or so ago...it happens. Apparently it is ok to list a highly bloated cash price as long as you say you would rather trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread