Clean, Light, Flavors not too sweet....has anyone tried these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
people talk about these flavors... yet I can never find them on the site unless they are newly added... seemed to always be some flavors I couldn't find there....

You gotta check the "Oddity Room" for the non-main flavors (essentially the flavors not included in the sample packs or not extremely popular) and the C. Room for the flavors still in development.

Oops, d'oh.. KjAthena got that covered.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
people talk about these flavors... yet I can never find them on the site unless they are newly added... seemed to always be some flavors I couldn't find there....

The AIV site is odd to navigate, I don't know why they don't make it easier. You will find those here https://vapeland.org/more/oddity-room/

Shoot, I see that was already answered... :facepalm:

Last edited:

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Yep, AiV is only open one "day" a week... Tuesday night well into Wednesday sometime.... then it takes about a week until they ship your juice. That's the capacity they can handle. Just you wait until you get your package though, and the people that own it couldn't be nicer. Seriously, I completely understand that a lot of people get turned off but limited openings, etc. but this juice is worth it.

I heard it's actually about 2 weeks until you get your shipment, and then most have to be steeped for a week or two...wow, it's gonna be a month before I can actually try this stuff! I'm gonna go for it anyway though.
Also why the heck don't they hire more people so they can be open more often? They seem popular enough to do it. Or is being so unavailable some crazy marketing scheme to make them more exclusive? :glare:

I'm really excited about the Virgin Vapor too, especially the Bed of Roses since it has so many great reviews. I also plan to get an unflavored liquid from them so I can "water down" a flavor if I want to.

I still haven't looked into all the other suggestions, but I will!

In the mean time I was almost out of juice, so I went to a bigger vape store here (ecig crib) that has more stuff and sampled some. I ended up with a nice peach that actually smells like real peaches and isn't sweet at all and mild. Also got a Dragonfruit that isn't bad, not hardly sweet at all. The big surprise was "Super Mint" which is like a sort of extreme menthol that I am loving, oddly enough. It is just a blast of freezing cold menthol that makes you want to breath deeply for a while after a hit, wow! :blink: I never was a menthol cig smoker so I don't know why I love this but I do. It's also nice to take a few hits of it and then switch out to a different flavor while the menthol is still fresh in your mouth/lungs, probably not an all day vape but nice if you want a blast with a nice throat hit.

The local store didn't have anything interesting like teas or florals though, or mixes hardly, and only one coffee.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
I heard it's actually about 2 weeks until you get your shipment, and then most have to be steeped for a week or two...wow, it's gonna be a month before I can actually try this stuff! I'm gonna go for it anyway though.
Also why the heck don't they hire more people so they can be open more often? They seem popular enough to do it. Or is being so unavailable some crazy marketing scheme to make them more exclusive? :glare:

Nah I don't think it's a scheme. No everyone can or wants to scale a business up. Hiring a workforce is a major headache and major expense. I owned a small business once at reached the point where I either had to scale up, scale back or crawl in a hole and die... so I get it.

I know they have a big wholesale customer base, so if you have local vapes shop you might want to see if you have it available there.

I live on the other side of the country and always get my order on or before the following Friday. They ship the following tuesday and it gets to me within 2 or 3 days in the mail. So, about a week and a half.
I'm so pleased with my orders from AiV that I really don't mind the wait.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
Yeah I guess it's no big deal, I've just never heard of an online shop that only takes orders one day a week, lol
Do you steep the AIV juices after you get them?

I've enjoyed nearly all of them right out of the mail but have noticed that some improve / change very slightly after a bit of steeping.
The only 2 that I'm really patiently steeping are Lucky #11 and Lavender Ever After from the C. Room. They're not bad by any means, but I'm hoping some sitting will lessen the dominance of the florals in them and let the other flavors shine more.

The rest, just go for it!

Angiebubs

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2013
Amery, WI
Ian a huge virgin vapor fan...have Reid approx 50 of their flavors so far. Bed of roses tastes just like rose petals and really grows on you. My favorite with this is how good it smells to those around you and starts lots of conversations about coping. My other half prefers lemon rose water...similar to bed of roses but with lemon.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
Bed of Roses from Virgin Vapors is a good vape(I did not like the 100%vg sample but do like the 50/50) the Forbidden Fig was also unusual and tasty. Some Aiv Vapes are wonderful OOB including April Moon, Twas Brillig, Cheshire Catnip and Mind Toulouse....others such as White Rabbit, Mystic Mandalime and Bandersnatch do need a good steep IMHO

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
Personally I found I do not care for 100% VG...tons of clouds but for me a very muted flavor and it leaves a "film" on my throat and tongue...I also had a heaviness in my chest the week I vaped 100% VG...YMMV

I've had the same experience. I've only tried 100% VG from one company and they were all chocolate / bakery flavors.
When I have the option, I tend to order 50/50 or slightly higher on the PG... 60/40 or 70/30.

Other people have a very different experience with 100% VG juice though.

Then again, I have quite a few juices that have an undisclosed default blend, so I could be quite enjoying some high VG juices and not even know it.

.. to me this is all a big *shrug-I-have-no-friggen-clue."

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I get burned out on really sweet flavors too... I just got some RYD2 from a local b&m. The Vapor Hut makes it. It tastes exactly like soft pretzels. Really good! I went to their site to see about ordering quantity and read the description. Their description says something about Hazelnut meets RY4. I'm not getting that at all. It's a ringer for pretzel and I love it!

Hmm...a pretzel huh? I didn't think I'd like bakery vapes but this girl suggested the banana bread today and I tasted it and it actually wasn't bad, she said "It's so comforting" and I can see what she meant-it was smooth and warm kind of like banana bread out of the oven, and the banana wasn't that strong, but I thought I'd like it better with no banana so maybe a pretzel taste would be nice, a warm comforting flavor-is that how it is to you?

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Well, I ordered some things from Virgin Vapor and Highbrow Vapor so far, and will order from Alice in Vapeland when they open on Tuesday. I have a bunch of other places I want to try too.

Meanwhile I'm making do with this kind of awful stuff I got at the store here. I went to 3 vape stores and tried some things but for some reason they all seem to make their own stuff that they store in big plastic bottles and it all tastes kinda crappy to me! I have really high hopes that these things I ordered will change all that. Did anyone else find that the local stores had much worse vapors than the ones they can get online? I just have these thought of finally getting something like the Bed of Roses form Virgin Vapor for example and relaxing with a smooth mild creamy fragrant vape that is truly satisfying. :vapor: I hope this happens! I hope I don't end up with never finding anything I really really like!

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I did not have lick with the local Brick and Mortar stuff...even though our closest store has quality made custom blends made in a real lab. My Daughter and Father however love a few flavors each from them however. They like stronger, simpler flavors. My first purchase with my blister pack ego knock off was from a guy in the flea market who would mix flavoring into the unflavored he had on the spot. A few days after my purchase I suddenly started worrying about the safety and sanitation of those juices....why it took a few days for that to cross my mind I do not know.(those 2 bottles I did dispose of)
I made myself vape my purchasing "mistakes" by vapeing them during the day and vapeing "good stuff" at night as a treat until I had a good stock of yummy vapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread