The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cleaned my tank and coil tonight

Discussion in 'Halo' started by weskeene, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Evie Luv

Evie Luv ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use this method too. Make sure you get the cheapest ones not the ones for smokers or that have the added mint flavoring. Just plain nothing tablets.

2. Evie Luv

I rinse everything first with just hot water, then I put 1 tablet in a bowl of hot water then add all my stuff and let it soak for 30 minutes. I'll rinse everything again and pat dry. If any still have a lingering smell like Belium Cocoa or Voodoo etc. I'll repeat the denture bath with clean water and a new tablet.

3. weskeene

weskeene Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    Duly noted. It just seemed like water alone couldn't cope with the menthol taste of Kringele's Curse. Although, that tank will be tried out this weekend. The water got very close, but I need just a little more help. Hopefully, the tabs do they job, even if I have to use two of them.

Wes

4. Zombo

Zombo Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Yes.

I take everything apart, and rinse under hot water. Then pat dry and drop everything in the DC for a few hours. Rinse under hot water again and leave on a paper towel until it's needed (usually a few days later).

5. Rancor0681

Rancor0681 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hmm I just boil my heads for about 5 mins it has seemed to do the trick thus far.

6. Zombo

Zombo Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    What about the rest of the tank? Do you just rinse it?

7. DaveOno

DaveOno ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Other than Wheez, not many can cope with the Kringle's... It is high octane.

8. weskeene

weskeene Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    Man, it was brutal. Not a bad flavor at all, just STRONG, and impossible to tame. I think I really do prefer tobacco flavors, or maybe vanilla if I'm feeling crazy.

Wes

9. BigBen2k

BigBen2k Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    MA, USA
    Kringle's is good for resetting your taste buds. A must for everyone, IMO.

10. always9988

always9988 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2013
    Hicktown, OH
    Makes a good mixer too. A couple drops in a tank of fruit liquid and it's a whole new flavor, so good in the pineapple type flavor I have

11. SemperHiFi

SemperHiFi Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2013
    Binghamton, NY
    I use 2 if I'm cleaning all 4 of my tanks, or if the coil wick is particularly gunky. If you are disassembling the coil, you can CAREFULLY slide the coil wick over to expose the gunked/burnt section. I let them soak for an hour or so, and maybe stir all the pieces once or twice. Rinse under water, and leave on a paper towel to dry.

Unless I really burned one, or used a liquid that really caramelizes, they come out looking almost brand new.

12. Penguins17

Penguins17 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    I havn't tried KC yet, but I have a 7ml bottle that I have yet to get around to. I'm not the biggest fan of mint flavors, but is ther mentol that strong? Compared to Sub-Z since that is the strongest menthol I have come across yet (and the closest thing to an actual menthol cig I have found)

13. wheezal

wheezal Insane Halon ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Austin, Tx

Sub-Zero is more intense than Kringle's, but Kringle's is a peppermint flavor rather than straight up menthol, so it does come off as sweeter.

14. Evie Luv

Kringle to me tastes just like a candy cane with a cool breeze hit. Not mint at all. I hate the mint taste in some menthols. I like subzero and menthol ice.

15. always9988

always9988 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2013
    Hicktown, OH
    He's the resident Kringle's rep he'll tell you :p

16. Penguins17

Jan 10, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Since when did candy canes not taste like mint? I feel like I missed the memo on that one.

17. Evie Luv

By mint I mean the after dinner plant mint that is bitter. I like peppermint it is sweeter. Does that make sense?

18. wheezal

Aug 27, 2013
    Austin, Tx
    so..Spearmint vs Peppermint.

19. Penguins17

Jan 10, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    After dinner plant mint???? Remember I'm 19, a nice dinner out is Applebees haha.

20. wheezal

Aug 27, 2013
    Austin, Tx
    thats an unusually scary sense of self-realization there from a teenager.

of course with a name like Penguins17, you're obviously evil. so it may all fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.