Cleaning a ego clearomizer 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tams

Jun 1, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
I've searched the forum but can't quite find an answer to my question. Do you have to completely take the clearomizer apart to clean it? Can you just fill it with vodka and let it soak then dump it, let it dry and start vaping again? I'm only a week into vaping and Wyatt Earp totally molested my wicks....any help?

Last edited:

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I flush mine with everclear using a syringe and also flush everclear through the center tube (to try to get at the wick area). Seems to work well (even if changing flavors). An everclear soak couldn't hurt.

As another tactic to get rid of a latent flavor in a wick is after cleaning with everclear, vape a bit of just 50/50 VG/PG no nic through it. The VG/PG tends to dissolve the old flavor out of it. When you can't taste the old flavor any more in the unflavored vape, you are good to go.

Last edited:

Tams

Jun 1, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
I flush mine with everclear using a syringe and also flush everclear through the center tube (to try to get at the wick area). Seems to work well (even if changing flavors). An everclear soak couldn't hurt.

As another tactic to get rid of a latent flavor in a wick is after cleaning with everclear, vape a bit of just 50/50 VG/PG no nic through it. The VG/PG tends to dissolve the old flavor out of it. When you can't taste the old flavor any more in the unflavored vape, you are good to go.

Clarification, by center tube.... Do you mean the metal tube I'm supposed to avoid when I fill it with ejuice? Sorry, I'm just trying not to ruin anything.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I've searched the forum but can't quite find an answer to my question. Do you have to completely take the clearomizer apart to clean it? Can you just fill it with vodka and let it soak then dump it, let it dry and start vaping again? I'm only a week into vaping and Wyatt Earp totally molested my wicks....any help?

There are two types of eGo clearos- non rebuildable and rebuildable. Rebuildable clearos are far easier to clean as they can be disassembled. Cleaning them involves 2 processes:
first is cleaning with with PGA, everclear or vodka to clean the tank and wick.
second is dry burning the gunked up juice that builds up on the coil.

Here's a vid for cleaning non rebuildable. I use PGA rather than water and also remove the silicon cap just below the drip tip with tweezers or needle nosed pliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread