Cleaning a T3s...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both my tanks I have ATM are a T3s, and a mini T3s. Neither can be disassembled AFAIK, and both are building up a "scaling" on the side walls of the plastic...What would you stick in there to "scrub" them? I soak them in PGA, rinse and all of that, but I believe that my tap water is just too hard, so it left deposits on the sides...

I have seen "tank cleaners" that are wire sticks with bristles, do these work? Would just using those little kids craft project "pipe cleaners" work?

Any advice from experience on how to clean inside tight spaces like this?

Thanks!

Palantir1120

Nov 26, 2013
Maine
Those craft "pipe cleaners" work great for skimming the insides of the tanks. I have only used vodka to soak EVERYTHING in. I have a co-worker that tried some moonshine and he said that everything came out prestine. Also the alcohol content of the moonshine makes it evaporate completely in a short period of time. I only completely clean my tanks once a week or when I change liquids.

Oh yeah, I am exclusively using the Kanger T3s clearomizers.

Way2Gone

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Indiana, USA
I have the KangerTech T3S Tank and I had the same problem. As of Yesturday I went to clean it, I am new to vaping so I just rinsed everything with hot tap water, and also let everything soak in hot tap water. Although this did not clean all the extra buildup out of it at all and like you said I had even more deposits from the water it seems like. So looking to hear some good professional opinions on cleaning. Is using alcohol safe? What kind of alcohol do you need? How do you make sure all alcohol is out of the tube before reloading with juice? Will this effect me when smoking (Such as if there was alcohol in the tube, even being a little bit).? I have many questions regarding alcohol. Thanks for any help. Any opinions will help dramatically.

Any advice from experience on how to clean inside tight spaces like this?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I had the same issues with the T3's. I just put vodka in them, put the head back on and shake them like crazy. Then rinse with water, vodka shake again, then air dry. It worked pretty good.
I have since graduated to the protank 2 and protank 2 mini. They cost more but you can completely disassemble them and let them soak. They have glass tanks so you don't have to worry about the tank melting, and I find that the heads are easier to rebuild if that is your kind of thing.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
18 mg Apple, but its premixed and you can see the little white specs of nicotine that was mixed in it. Maybe it is a tank cracker I don't know.
apple (in general) is a known tank cracker...I put apple in a CE6 and sure nuff...got the frosted look

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-25.html
E Juice that may break a plastic tanks | Mt Baker Vapor WikiMt Baker Vapor Wiki

Here was my solution...unfortunately doesn't help you at the moment
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1494104
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1460902

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
I highly recommend that vapers stay away from plastic tanks, if possible. I realize some folks cannot afford to purchase a glass tank or two in the beginning, but for the extra $1-2 it's certainly worth it in the long run.

Also, it makes me wonder what chemicals are those that cause the plastic to fog, crack and or discolor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread