Status
Not open for further replies.

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
Hey all, i am not sure if this has been covered and if it has, please excuse the post.

But i have a Prodigy, a PS PT and also a protege on the way.

I was curious about Cleaning and Maintenance on these. What steps and items do i need to keep them running well?

Like cleaning threads, Cleaning contacts, etc, etc?

What should i use to clean, what SHOULD i clean and how often?

All i do at the moment, is for my 801 attys, i just set them thread side up, overnight to let whatever juice is in there, to drain out overnight.

Other then that, i am not sure as to what i need to do to keep the Prodigy, PS and Protege running tip-top.

THanks for your help!

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Lube on the threads helps matters( I use bar soap for lube).

For the contact points under the adaptor and behind the switch housing you will find brass. I clean mine with a pencil eraser.

Other than that you are doing the right thing with your atomizer. I don't think cleaning them with solvents like coke or vodka is good on them myself. And definitely don't do that dry burn thing. Inside the coil is a wick. I don't see how burning this wick can help.

Keep the batts topped off and you should be good to go for many many months. You have the best and no reason to buy the rest now.

HDBanger

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montrose, MN
Cuetips and papertowels, or tissues. Get something real skinny and rigid that you can use to push some wadded tissue down into the adapter well, and move it all the way around the threads in there, I pull up some juice from there every other day or so. And as the previous poster said, keep all the electrical contact points clean, and keep doing the atty drain nightly, doesn't get any better than this.. :)

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I wouldn't do that. The powder coating could start to peel. Moisture is not a friend of aluminum either. It doesn't rust but it does corrode. A good wipe down with 409 or windex should get er clean.

I wish Steve would sell different color tubes for the Prodigy. That would be cool... I love the black but a white, or blue, or even a nice red color would be nice. And there are some really neat powder coatings. I know Steve has his hands full already though, keeping up with different colors, Maybe down the road someday...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread