Prodigy/USBpass/Protégé Update -- 7/22/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Thought it was important to start a thread for this so ... here we go.

Prodigy --
Parts are now being run out in segments of 500. Doing this because our mold for rubber housings is due in Monday/Tuesday of next week so we are preparing all material for that 500 pcs. This includes contact posts, all brass, all aluminum, etc, etc ... So, likely NO Prodigy's will be shipping the rest of this week. Momentum will pick back up early next week, and should not only be caught up, but stock will likely be on hand.

PS USBpass PT --
Same ... Parts are being run out due to the mold for rubber housings. We have roughly 75-100 prepared waiting on aluminum adapters that will be shipping either the end of this week or early next week. We will then be producing in larger quantities.

Protégé --
Once caught up on Prodigy's and PT's with both on hand and in stock, the Protégé will be released for Pre-Order, with an expected completion of roughly 2 weeks after the initial release.

Thats where we stand guys .... :)

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
Hmm... I've started thinking about a Protégé, too. Some delicate flavors, like from that tailpipin' guy, get masked using the Prodigy. In fact, I just changed back to a 801 battery because I wanted to vape some cuban apple coke vanilla grape crazy flavor. (Yes, they do all taste good mixed together.) But... I could get the switch and other battery for the Prodigy and they wouldn't take long to change... I have to think about this some more. :D

Yirabeth

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Michigan, USA
Bummer..I got my hopes all up the way you guys were pumping out 100 Prodigy's every other day or so...hehe! (Only 65 away from mine at last count)

Ahh well, at least I know it's coming, and when it does I'll have the best vaping setup out there!

It's amazing how I went from completely satisfied with my vaping experience to finding almost every drag from my 901 to be lacking in some way that "when I get my Prodigy..." will fix LOL

~Yira

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Obviously I missed Sumpthin Sumwhere? ......
Rubber Housings??? for the Prodigy???? Do Tell !

Thank goodness someone else was confused. I thought i was just crazy.

I even took my prodigy out to look at it to make sure i wasn't missing anything.

LOL ....

The main hold up for us were the plastic housings and how intricate they were (would take 7-8 minutes per piece to make). We outsourced to another USA company to now have these made (the switch housings) out of rubber. If all goes well, we may eventually make the button and button housings out of rubber, but for now, simply the switch housings :) You won't notice a difference guys ... LOL

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Cool Steve! ... anything that frees up your time to get started on Atty development is good news!

An American-made atty is good ... a juice injection system* even better!
* "juice injection system" (aka juice pump), but I just like the sound of it.
Incorporating concepts like MoonMan's UPAC, Spikey's ProdigyCompanion, and/or tinear's Fang. [And make sure that it is protected (from the FDA:().]

Speaking of attys, are Puresmoker's 801 atomizers back in stock? The website now says "Availability: Usually Ships in 24 to 72 Hours."

If so, ship mine (Order#: 17742) already!;) <-- Goodness! I'm demanding, aren't I? Casey just shipped me a replacement for my squished Delrin 801 adapter. Gift horse in the mouth and all that.

Mr-Glass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
St. Louis Missouri
17839 here and dying because I am having to pay for analogues!!! Puresmoker make the insanity end please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Just a guess and nothing wrong if this is the case - I think Casey has been away since Wed afternoon - so Im thinking we are looking at next week.. could be wrong but I usually see a comment or two from her

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com
Just a guess and nothing wrong if this is the case - I think Casey has been away since Wed afternoon - so Im thinking we are looking at next week.. could be wrong but I usually see a comment or two from her

Hey Mr. Glass,

Nope, I'm here :) Been all week- just finally taking a day or two to get caught up on some paperwork! Not many updates to post!

Mr-Glass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
St. Louis Missouri
Hey Mr. Glass,

Nope, I'm here :) Been all week- just finally taking a day or two to get caught up on some paperwork! Not many updates to post!

Well I guess good for us that you are manning the ship - too bad for you that you did not get a much deserved couple of days off ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread