cleaning ashtrays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
1 week in. :toast:. spent time cleaning all my ashtrays. i usually wait a year and take a chisel to them to scrape off the top inch of nasty. keeping them for my smoking friends. will never make a smoker feel like a second class citizen. they can smoke in front of me, in my truck, and in my house. working up the courage to clean the nicotine stained walls. next project i guess.

TxDevil

Feb 17, 2013
Arlington, TX
I gathered up all our ashtrays (5 that were being used), soaked them overnight with some powerful soap and water then ran them through the dishwasher. Luckily, my walls were painted a tannish yellow already. Haha. The only problem now is that some of our clothes and jackets still reek. I am not spending days and a jug of laundry detergent on washing them all. Hopefully it'll just fade as time goes on. I still go on smoke breaks at work with my smoker friends but boy howdy can I smell it, now.

TxDevil

Feb 17, 2013
Arlington, TX
Well I treated my car to a complete inside detailing and planning on steam cleaning carpets and painting my walls this spring. I just can't believe how much cleaner my car is staying now there is no more ashes.

And also no more smoke residue on the windshield!! Had my car washed the day after I picked up vaping (week ago) and my windshield is still clear as day! Who knew all the tiny, subtle things that smoking did!?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I gathered up all our ashtrays (5 that were being used), soaked them overnight with some powerful soap and water then ran them through the dishwasher. Luckily, my walls were painted a tannish yellow already. Haha. The only problem now is that some of our clothes and jackets still reek. I am not spending days and a jug of laundry detergent on washing them all. Hopefully it'll just fade as time goes on. I still go on smoke breaks at work with my smoker friends but boy howdy can I smell it, now.

Do it - you will appreciate it. One of the first things that drove me nutz after I quit was the lingering odor in my coat, my man purse, my hats... It's not like you can get away from the odor if you are wearing it. I couldn't wait to run that stuff through a good washing. Other things could wait on getting cleaned up, but those used every day items had to get cleaned ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread