Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
I reserve atomizers if I'm vaping something really strong that will linger. Some flavors like menthol or strong cinnamon may tend to change your next juice. Most of my flavors sort of compliment each other so it's not a problem. Have fun with your new juices and make sure to let us all know what works for you.

NoMoreMondays

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Indiana
I use a 1-2-3 approach to get rid of any flavor of some of my "heavier" flavored liquids: I use a very short piece of latex or silicone tubing (depends on diameter of atty), connect that to a luer lock syringe and shove the atty (threaded part pointing away from the tubing) into the end of the tubing.
1. Thoroughly rinse using lukewarm water with just a bit of Dawn: Hold the atty's threaded side into the water and pull plunger of syringe, empty out over sink depressing plunger. Repeat a few times, then clear rinse with lukewarm water until no bubbles show in the syringe.
2. Pour a small amount of high-proof alcohol into a dish, lower threaded part of atty into that and pull/push plunger several times.
3. Final rinse: Use clear lukewarm water or - and better - distilled lukewarm water. Lower threaded part of atty into it and pull plunger, empty out over sink and repeat until water is clear in the syringe.
Works well on cartos too.

What flavors are you trying? Did you test any yet?

Happy new year!

SirVette

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Texas
The best way is probably something like blow 'em out & rinse out w/ hot water.

I am w/ Huffelpuff, you didn't consider if they work well together. Strong "flavors like menthol or strong cinnamon" even work together & the changeover is short even in that case so I just switch flavors.
:smokie:

It is surprising we are both saying about same.
:toast:

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
Thank you SO much

As for flavors (and the root of my question) I have several tobacco flavors I want to test for an all day vape (fill some Cartos for the task) the first one I test (Turkish blend) needs to steep I HOPE LOL and the others now I'm not sure about as that taste overpowers them too much. I still have some DK Tab to test from another vender ( I have some I'm "OK" with but decided to test some others, some RY 4 etc.

Nothing so far I'm really impressed with but am not sure if it's because I tested the wrong ones first (also Menthol and a sweet cake type 2 other attys ) I got too excited and didn't think about cross contamination or whatever LOL

I use a 1-2-3 approach to get rid of any flavor of some of my "heavier" flavored liquids: I use a very short piece of latex or silicone tubing (depends on diameter of atty), connect that to a luer lock syringe and shove the atty (threaded part pointing away from the tubing) into the end of the tubing.
1. Thoroughly rinse using lukewarm water with just a bit of Dawn: Hold the atty's threaded side into the water and pull plunger of syringe, empty out over sink depressing plunger. Repeat a few times, then clear rinse with lukewarm water until no bubbles show in the syringe.
2. Pour a small amount of high-proof alcohol into a dish, lower threaded part of atty into that and pull/push plunger several times.
3. Final rinse: Use clear lukewarm water or - and better - distilled lukewarm water. Lower threaded part of atty into it and pull plunger, empty out over sink and repeat until water is clear in the syringe.
Works well on cartos too.

What flavors are you trying? Did you test any yet?

Happy new year!

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
That is a great idea Della V!

To give you all a much better idea of the issue I have a "soda flavor" which tastes like finger nail polish remover smells (YUCK!) I have some sweet types and some tobacco types I just got and wanted to test, I wasn't paying close attention so I get a couple attys "fouled" with mints or sweets and this YUK stuff and can't taste others over these .

Anyway that was the reason I wanted the experts advice and thank you to all who replied, I apologize for being "less than clear" was a bit perplexed I guess

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
The best "cleaner" I have found is PGA. I swish some in the atty and then let them sit in it for a few hours, sometimes even over night. It cleans out the old flavor quite well and leaves no after taste. And it evaporates after letting the atty sit for awhile.

i use vodka,,with a chunk of hose that fits over the atty,,suck it in and blow it back out quite a few times,,ready to go again in a few minutes

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I actually just line the samples up from delicate to strong to clingy and start tasting at the delicate end. I blow the atty out between flavors and reprime with the new liquid and vape the new one until I decide if it deserves and extended test. But a better way would be to vape flavorless PG with no nic in between then blow that out and then prime with the new juice.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
When I test juice, I keep an atty for each one. After testing it, the atty goes into straight Vodka or vodka/water mix that's in my ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. When I get about 5 in there, I cycle it 3 times, take atty's out, blow them out, and do a short dry burn. Then I start over again testing. I keep 10 cleaned atty's on hand at all times just for this purpose.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The best way is probably something like blow 'em out & rinse out w/ hot water............

Disagree. Water, especially tap water, can leave residue and does not get all the flavoring out of the atty. Plus it takes much longer to dry and is harder on the coil.

PGA, due to it's cleansing ability, evaporation characteristics and no after taste is much better than water or strong cleaners.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I use alcohol. Soak them 15 minutes, blow them out, soak them another 15 minutes in clean alcohol, blow them out and they are fine.

Where do you get PGA? Can you get it over the counter?

PGA or Everclear (brand name) is pure grain alcohol. Liquor store, state store, etc. It's better than rubbing, etc alcohol because their is absolutely no after taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread