Cleaning Attys

Status
Not open for further replies.
just blow the primer out into a paper towel or something-
i blow out my atties round once or twice a day, from the mouthpiece end.
once in awhile, it doesn't hurt to do a more thorough cleaning rinsing it out with warm water
then letting dry.
when it comes to the more thorough cleaning a search on the ecf or even youtube can yield good results.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The liquid in new attys may be harsh horrible tasting primer

I recommend * blow it out, prime with 4 drops of liquid on the bridge /\ and let that soak in, using an empty cart (one may have come on the atty) or a drip tip vape that almost off without inhaling, repeat from *. repeat from * again but this time try inhaling and see if it is OK.

Then when vaping, if you are using carts there should be little need to blow out the atty unless you overfill the cart and the atty seems flooded. If you have manual batteries and are dripping, blow out and reprime when it seems flooded or tastes bad or weak, or you are switching flavors. When nothing helps, you swap to a clean atty (after priming it well and waiting for the liquid to get top the coil) and start cleaning the dirty one.

How I clean an atomizer:
I blow out the atty. Then I put near-boiling water in a bowl or cup. Then using tongs I make the water flow through the atty then I submerge the atty and use a tongs to tilt it to make sure all air bubbles are out. I let it soak for 15-20 min. Then I scoop water through it again. Then I shake it out and blow it out. Then it goes into a jar of pure grain alcohol (edible) and I use the tongs to tilt it to get all air bubbles out. Next day I scoop the alcohol through it, then shake it out and set it to dry in a paper towel lined dish. When I next need a clean atty it will be dry and ready. When I was only using atomizers, I swapped to the clean one every weekend.

I mostly use cartomizers now. I don't use atomizers except to test new juices and vape an occasional juice that is thicker than I like to put in cartomizers.

Last edited:

phantom2x

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
just blow the primer out into a paper towel or something-
i blow out my atties round once or twice a day, from the mouthpiece end.
once in awhile, it doesn't hurt to do a more thorough cleaning rinsing it out with warm water
then letting dry.
when it comes to the more thorough cleaning a search on the ecf or even youtube can yield good results.
The liquid in new attys may be harsh horrible tasting primer

I recommend * blow it out, prime with 4 drops of liquid on the bridge /\ and let that soak in, using an empty cart (one may have come on the atty) or a drip tip vape that almost off without inhaling, repeat from *. repeat from * again but this time try inhaling and see if it is OK.

Then when vaping, if you are using carts there should be little need to blow out the atty unless you overfill the cart and the atty seems flooded. If you have manual batteries and are dripping, blow out and reprime when it seems flooded or tastes bad or weak, or you are switching flavors. When nothing helps, you swap to a clean atty (after priming it well and waiting for the liquid to get top the coil) and start cleaning the dirty one. I blow out the atty. Then I put near-boiling water in a bowl or cup. Then using tongs I make the water flow through the atty then I submerge the atty and use a tongs to tilt it to make sure all air bubbles are out. I let it soak for 15-20 min. Then I scoop water through it again. Then I shake it out and blow it out. Then it goes into a jar of pure grain alcohol (edible) and I use the tongs to tilt it to get all air bubbles out. Next day I scoop the alcohol through it, then shake it out and set it to dry in a paper towel lined dish. When I next need a clean atty it will be dry and ready. When I was only using atomizers, I swapped to the clean one every weekend.

I mostly use cartomizers now. I don't use atomizers except to test new juices and vape an occasional juice that is thicker than I like to put in cartomizers.

Great, thank you! Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread