Status
Not open for further replies.

d.g.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2014
Houston, TX
Hey folks, got a newbie question..

I know that people urge others to use only distilled water when diluting eliquid.

But when t comes to cleaning, people tend to use tap water.

1-Should I use distilled water for cleaning as well? I mean sometimes the cartridges still hold couple of drops from the tap. Would it be dangerous to smoke it?

2- Should I clean the atomizers and cartridges out of the box or are they safe to use?

Thanks in advance!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
You can use tap water to clean. I do all the time. Just let it air dry or dry burn the water out. I sometimes pour a little alcohol in the atty after I rinse it and blow it out then let it air dry or dry burn. If you don't do either of these things it won't hurt you to use it. Tap water contains minerals and maybe chlorine that will eventually cause some corrosion in your atty so the atty won't last as long but it won't hurt you.

I always clean my attys when new to get rid of the machine oil that may be present. I boil all the parts except the plastic, such as the tube if that is made of plastic and those I just use soapy water.

As far as cartridges, I'm assuming that you mean cartomizers. Those I use out of the box. If you mean cartridges, then I would just use soapy water to clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread