Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I was looking at how some people are cleaning of the old labels on there diy bottles and haven't seen any post on how I do it.

I just use a few drops of cooking oil.

I figure this is the safest way. I don't think it will hurt me if I vape a little olive oil :)
Actually oils are really bad to vape, from what I understand. Causes a thing called lipid (or lipoid) pneumonia. Some people call e-liquid "oil" but that's a misnomer -- the main ingredients glycerol and propylene glycol can feel kind of greasy on the skin, but they are actually sugar alcohols, as evidenced by the "-ol" suffix at the end of their names.

I don't know how much Crisco it takes to be an issue, but I would keep the vegetable oils far away from the juice bottles if it were me.

jwroths

Aug 28, 2011
Red Deer Alb Canada
Actually oils are really bad to vape, from what I understand. Causes a thing called lipid (or lipoid) pneumonia. Some people call e-liquid "oil" but that's a misnomer -- the main ingredients glycerol and propylene glycol can feel kind of greasy on the skin, but they are actually sugar alcohols, as evidenced by the "-ol" suffix at the end of their names.

I don't know how much Crisco it takes to be an issue, but I would keep the vegetable oils far away from the juice bottles if it were me.

hmmm good to know. Luckily for me I've always clean off the label before I clean the inside

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Most Labels are affixed to the Outside of the Bottle ;)

Reactions: BackDoc

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
WD-40, no smell and no residue after a quick wash. Works every time.
You must not be sensitive to it, I cannot stand the smell of WD-40, plus it contains petroleum distillates which I wouldn't want anywhere near something I intend to inhale.

I've always used straight acetone for labels, dissolves most adhesives super fast and it's not petroleum based. Always clean with the cap on anyway, makes it easy to ensure nothing gets inside.

Reactions: Jdurand

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
When handling acetone you should be wearing Neoprene or Natural Latex gloves..., it's a strong solvent so of course it will "burn" your hands, common sense should dictate proper glove usage with any sort of solvent.

That's why I don't use caustic stuff like that for a simple job, not into donning a hazmat suit just to clean labels off a bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread