Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Personally, I advise against soaking an atomizer in anything (just my opinion). It's really not needed, and has been known to actually damage some attys.

When I get a new atomizer, I simply blow it out. Roll up a piece of paper towel and slide it into the atty, then blow through the battery side. Then blow through the cart side into a paper towel. Repeat the process until you can't get any more primer out, then put a few drops of juice on the atty bridge, and vape away. I avoid any nasty primer taste by doing this. Not all attys have the nasty primer, but some do, and I'd rather not vape it until it goes away.

Once a week, I take all of the attys that I use and blow them out. If the draw on a particular atty is getting harder, I'll plug the battery side hole with a finger, squirt a little vodka into the atty, plug the cart side with another finger, then swish it around a bit. After that, I blow out the vodka from the cart side and put a couple of drops of juice on the atty and it's ready to go.

This method works well for me. I haven't lost an atty yet, and all of them still perform very nicely.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
woulkd that work on all 510 attys? i know my blue has a big ... wick sticking out of it, no way i could plug it with a finger...

after soaking in ipa and drying - ive had no issues with it... damn atomizer is durable

You sure you're talking about a 510 atty? Every 510 atty I've ever seen has the atty recessed into the unit a good inch or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread