Status
Not open for further replies.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Hi all,

So I was searching threads for the polishing up of ody and peny. I saw many suggested CapeCod. Wanted to double check this would be a good one to go with?

Also, any special precautions or ways to clean the ody and peny with the capecod? Once polished how should it be washed, pretty much the mouth piece or should all of it be washed with warm water after?

Will this take out any hairline scratches? Should I cover up the engraving on the peny with tape, not sure if mine is an older or newer version I read where the newer ones may have deeper engravings.

If there is anything else to add in the polishing and cleaning after feel free. As always much appreciated.

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
The engravings on the Penny are all the same, the old and new engravings refer to the GGTS tube. All of the Penelope's engravings are the new style deep engraved logos. Polishing over the engravings will be ok, I have ran mine on a buffing wheel and they still are well pronounced.

I use Flitz polish to shine mine.

I normally clean them up with warm water, polish them up. wipe them down with my micro fiber cloth. then re-assemble with lubricating the orings.

Hope this helps..

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Thanks keighles. Also, ody and peny are working great.

EDIT: So would the choice between flitz and capecod just be preference. I can be very much over the top with taking care of my stuff, haha, so just want to make sure I use whatever is least abrasive or harsh on them. Plus what do you apply the flitz with, and then just rub off with a microfiber cloth? Looked on amazon and flitz comes in a tube, where capecod comes on sheets.

2nd Edit: Anyone have any experience between flitz and capecod, which may be better or removes scratches better?

The engravings on the Penny are all the same, the old and new engravings refer to the GGTS tube. All of the Penelope's engravings are the new style deep engraved logos. Polishing over the engravings will be ok, I have ran mine on a buffing wheel and they still are well pronounced.

I use Flitz polish to shine mine.

I normally clean them up with warm water, polish them up. wipe them down with my micro fiber cloth. then re-assemble with lubricating the orings.

Hope this helps..

Last edited:

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
I would imagine it is a matter of preference. I never used the capecod stuff.

I got the Flitz off of my Snap-on Tool dealer. It came in a package of cleaner spray, polish, wax and a micro fiber cloth.

This is it--> Flitz KG 41501 Mixed Knife and Gun Care Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive

I normally apply the polish with my fingers then rub it off with the cloth.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Flitz route may be nice, see they have just the tube, then pick up a pack of microfiber cloths to have extras.

Anyone else try the capecod and their experience?

I would imagine it is a matter of preference. I never used the capecod stuff.

I got the Flitz off of my Snap-on Tool dealer. It came in a package of cleaner spray, polish, wax and a micro fiber cloth.

This is it--> Flitz KG 41501 Mixed Knife and Gun Care Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive

I normally apply the polish with my fingers then rub it off with the cloth.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
capecod doesnt remove scrathces, you need a more abrassive polishing cream for that Long. I use autosol
Thanks keighles. Also, ody and peny are working great.

EDIT: So would the choice between flitz and capecod just be preference. I can be very much over the top with taking care of my stuff, haha, so just want to make sure I use whatever is least abrasive or harsh on them. Plus what do you apply the flitz with, and then just rub off with a microfiber cloth? Looked on amazon and flitz comes in a tube, where capecod comes on sheets.

2nd Edit: Anyone have any experience between flitz and capecod, which may be better or removes scratches better?

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Thanks imeo. For the unexperienced, such as myself, is that safe to use without worry of damaging my ody/peny? Do you just apply with cloth and rub off?

Edit: Would you suggest autosol to remove scratches and then in between polishings using something else? I don't plan on cleaning them everyday, haha. Just want to see if the autosol wouldn't be good for cleaning once a month if it is abrasive or whatnot.

capecod doesnt remove scrathces, you need a more abrassive polishing cream for that Long. I use autosol

Last edited:

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Thanks Imeo. Looks like autosol and either capecod or the flitz together then. Lol, yeah I am betting a polish taste vape wouldn't be the best, haha.

autosol will remove small scratches but for the best looking after autosol you need a less abrassive cream, maybe a more liquid one Long

Of course you have to clean very well with soap and water your Ody or Pene after the cleaning with cream!!

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
What I do is take it to local jewelers and ask them to polish it. that will remove all scratches and they give a nice mirror finish.

If i may ask how much was that? Looking at the two products I was isn't to much and I can do it myself that is great. I enjoy the building and care aspect of vaping.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
As others suggested, yesterday I ordered some flitz and polisihing cloths. Will pick up autosol later to help with any hairline scratches. Went with flitz since it is in a tube, rather than having to use the cape cod cloths. Figured the flitz would last even longer.

After seeing the photos of matte finishing that some people did I'm very tempted to do that to my Ody, but I don't know if I can bring myself to doing that!
Thanks for the suggestions on polishing it, maybe I will do that in the meantime :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Keep in mind that shined tubes are very resistant to oxidation. Mat finishes are not sub:)
After seeing the photos of matte finishing that some people did I'm very tempted to do that to my Ody, but I don't know if I can bring myself to doing that!
Thanks for the suggestions on polishing it, maybe I will do that in the meantime :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread