The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cleaning tank

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by John Chaikhovsky, Aug 16, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. John Chaikhovsky

John Chaikhovsky Full Member

Aug 16, 2018
    Younger sister got ahold of my empty and clean tank and she put something in it that I'm having trouble cleaning out. I need to know if I can take off the metal cap on the top of the tank keeping me from easily cleaning it.

Attached Files:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    If you have an ultrasonic cleaner try that. Doesn't look like it comes apart.

• Like Like x 1
  3. John Chaikhovsky

Aug 16, 2018
    Sadly I don't own an ultrasonic cleaner but thank you for the quick reply nonetheless I'm sure I'll work it out somehow.

4. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    That looks like a disposable clearomizer tank to me. They were not designed to be taken apart.

You could attempt to remove the metal top piece, but if I'm not mistaken it has been glued into place and you could end up damaging the tank beyond repair.

Your best option may be to simply boil the tank in water, or a dip into isopropal alcohol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. stols001

stols001 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    What did your sister use in the tank? You'll probably get the best suggestion for getting it out if we know what it is.

Like, if it was chewing gum? Throw the tank away. Dirt? Probably a soak in etoh and whatnot.

I really wouldn't proceed without knowing what she put in there and etc.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  6. John Chaikhovsky

Aug 16, 2018
    It looks as if some gelatinous mixture with blue food dye, but after some tedious and careful q-tip work with hot water and isopropyl rubbing alcohol I've managed to get it completely cleaned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Rinse really well after using isopropyl alcohol. I prefer Everclear, or if you can't get it in your state (the 180 version), rectified spirits (192 proof) works just as well. You still need to rinse but at least it's not toxic for internal consumption.

Unless you start guzzling it or making jello shots.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. John Chaikhovsky

Aug 16, 2018
    I thoroughly rinsed it with warm water for a good ten minutes to ensure no alcohol is left over. I'll look into getting some Everclear for future use, thank you for the suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stols001

stols001 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    Sweet, congrats, now the question I am going ask is one I have been waiting to ask.

What are you going to do to your sister?

This presupposes like, your not 19 and she is 3, in which case I would suggest perhaps moving your gear (full or empty) out of her reach.... But if it's a purposeful act, what happens NOW????

LOL.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  10. John Chaikhovsky

Aug 16, 2018
    She is very little and likes to experiment so she didn't know what she was doing I just told her to not touch my stuff for the hundredth time, and I can't be mad at her because I know she likes to get her hands on stuff and I wasn't thinking when I left it on my desk when I usually keep my gear stored on top of a high shelf that she can't reach. I am however just in case keeping my door locked from now on.

• Like Like x 2
  11. E30M42

E30M42 Full Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Norfolk va
    it might be easier to replace it and at least you would know it was clean

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.