Cleaning tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Chaikhovsky

Aug 16, 2018
Younger sister got ahold of my empty and clean tank and she put something in it that I'm having trouble cleaning out. I need to know if I can take off the metal cap on the top of the tank keeping me from easily cleaning it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180816_131414381.jpg
    IMG_20180816_131414381.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20180816_131422201.jpg
    IMG_20180816_131422201.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20180816_131651760_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180816_131651760_HDR.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That looks like a disposable clearomizer tank to me. They were not designed to be taken apart.

You could attempt to remove the metal top piece, but if I'm not mistaken it has been glued into place and you could end up damaging the tank beyond repair.

Your best option may be to simply boil the tank in water, or a dip into isopropal alcohol.

Last edited:

John Chaikhovsky

Aug 16, 2018
What did your sister use in the tank? You'll probably get the best suggestion for getting it out if we know what it is.

Like, if it was chewing gum? Throw the tank away. Dirt? Probably a soak in etoh and whatnot.

I really wouldn't proceed without knowing what she put in there and etc.

Anna
It looks as if some gelatinous mixture with blue food dye, but after some tedious and careful q-tip work with hot water and isopropyl rubbing alcohol I've managed to get it completely cleaned.

John Chaikhovsky

Aug 16, 2018
Rinse really well after using isopropyl alcohol. I prefer Everclear, or if you can't get it in your state (the 180 version), rectified spirits (192 proof) works just as well. You still need to rinse but at least it's not toxic for internal consumption.

Unless you start guzzling it or making jello shots.
I thoroughly rinsed it with warm water for a good ten minutes to ensure no alcohol is left over. I'll look into getting some Everclear for future use, thank you for the suggestion.

Reactions: Eskie

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sweet, congrats, now the question I am going ask is one I have been waiting to ask.

What are you going to do to your sister?

This presupposes like, your not 19 and she is 3, in which case I would suggest perhaps moving your gear (full or empty) out of her reach.... But if it's a purposeful act, what happens NOW????

LOL.

Anna

John Chaikhovsky

Aug 16, 2018
Sweet, congrats, now the question I am going ask is one I have been waiting to ask.

What are you going to do to your sister?

This presupposes like, your not 19 and she is 3, in which case I would suggest perhaps moving your gear (full or empty) out of her reach.... But if it's a purposeful act, what happens NOW????

LOL.

Anna
She is very little and likes to experiment so she didn't know what she was doing I just told her to not touch my stuff for the hundredth time, and I can't be mad at her because I know she likes to get her hands on stuff and I wasn't thinking when I left it on my desk when I usually keep my gear stored on top of a high shelf that she can't reach. I am however just in case keeping my door locked from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread