Status
Not open for further replies.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Hello,

So I thought I would post this in the Provari thread since it is to clean my mini provari.

About to order from amazon and wanted to see if this would all be needed. I am going to order some noalox for the threads, to be used on battery and 510 connection threads.

Was also going to order a fiber glass pen and deoxit for the battery terminal and 510 terminal.

Questions, are all of these needed? Could I just get the deoxit and not need the fiberglass pen? Also, wanted to order regular deoxit as it ships from amazon and I can save on shipping, but if I get the deoxit gold it ships from somewhere else and is a little more expensive. Would either work, or is one suggested over the other?

Thanks,

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Noalox check. Anyone else have thoughts on the fiber glass pen and deoxit, one or both, and whether regular deoxit will be good or is the gold needed?

well the naolox is a good thing to have on the threads.not really needed on the 510 connector tho

some people will use a pencil eraser to clean the battery contacts

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Thanks everybody. I also posted the question to provape, they responded in 10 minutes, pretty amazing.

Here is my questions:

Hello,

I have looked on your website and reviewed threads on ECF. I will be ordering Noalox for the threads on the provari. I wanted to make sure that I would use this on both the bottom threads and the 510 threads?

Also, for the 510 connection pin and the battery terminal I have read on your site to just use rubbing alcohol, as high as a percent as possible. Would there be any benefit in using a fiberglass pen to clean the contacts and then using deoxit or deoxit gold? Also if deoxit is recommended should it be the regular or the gold type?

Any help is greatly appreciated. The provari is an amazing pv, very excited to see what else you come out with.

Thank you,

Here is their response:

Hi Jacob,

These are very good questions and I'm more than happy to answer them :)

I would not recommend using Noalox on the 510 threads since they do get hot when you vape and we don't think the fumes from the Noalox would be safe to inhale. A high percent Isopropyl alcohol is the best and safest recommendation for cleaning the 510 threads and well.

As for the deoxit, it is safe to use on the battery contact pin inside the ProVari and possibly on the brass contact pin in the 510 well.... as long as you clean the well afterwards with Isopropyl alcohol to get any residue out of the well, again for vaping safety reasons. The battery contact pin would not require a wipe down of Iso if you use the deoxit on it.

I hope this helps :)

If you have any more questions, feel free to write me :)

Kindly,
Cecilia

So based on everyones and their response I think I am just gonna pick up some noalox for the battery threads and just use the rubbing alcohol for the contacts. Doesn't seem as though it is needed and easy way to save a few bucks.

Thanks again everyone for your responses, love these forums as I always know people are there to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread