• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Clear leader/s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a sense of "the best of the best" amongst you lot in terms of what ecigarettes there are out there in the UK (or easily available) that people really rate on the whole?

I am going for cigars and a pipe first but a cig vape does have its appeal.

Are there some that don't have custon refillable carts etc. I don't want or need the nicotine so I'm in it for the flavours, sensation and fun. A true "hobbiest" as it were.:)

BarryK

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Essex ENGLAND
All the repututable brands (those recommended in these forums) are of similar quality, collective wisdom suggests that Janty are the best and certainly have one of the best guarantees.

In my experience David Yang supplies the most effective atomisers and always replaces faulty components promptly.

The big failing with all makes (except the 'Screwdriver' and other custom devices, is the batteries - they are just not up to the job and don't last long.

A lot of us have built our own battery cases using ni-mh or Li-ion batteries, with manual switches - take a look at the 'modders' section for information on custom jobs, and the 'hints and tips' section for other innformation re cleaning atomisers, also recipes for making your own e-liquids.

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
I have seen mention of "dripping" but not sure what it is. I assume it is by passing the cart and getting a larger amount of fluid on the atomiser for a "mega-hit"? Is that near right? LOL!
Pretty much spot on, but just use 2 drops directly on the atomiser at a time and repeat when it's run out, to avoid flooding and getting fluid in the battery :) I think it gives better flavour and vapour in some ecigs (particularly the Evo), although I'm happy enough with cartridges in the penstyle as it does a pretty good job of drawing all the fluid out!

Mungo

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
London. UK.
Well i'm a fan of the Screwdriver which is regarded as expensive to buy, but it is a workhorse which uses easily available and cheap consumables. Mind you, my Janty Kissbox cost about the same really.

It looks nothing like a cigarette tho. i just wish i'd bought it first, would have saved me a pretty penny i can tell you.

Last edited:

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland
My clear favourite is Intellicig's EVOlution electronic cigarette.

It is extremely well made and very reliable. I have been using one for over a month now with no hardware issues whatsoever. The draw is very cigarette like, the batteries last a decent time (my wife, who was a very light smoker, manages to last the whole day on one battery - I tend to use two) and Intellicig's customer service is excellent.

Kula.

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
I have owned several 901s, an rn4075, kissbox and Dura-C. The Dura wins hands down for me and the warranty is a huge plus. However beware, many vapers buy many units before settling on our favourites and we all have different ideas about what is 'nice' or 'best'

If I had to have just one unit it wouldnt be an ecig at all, it would be my I-Inhale, but few would make the same judgement. Read as much feedback as you can, and then make your own choice. Above all, enjoy every minute of it!

Andy

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
minipipe - definitely. It easily rivals the screwdriver for vapour production, runs cooler so no harsh flavours, large capacity (1.1ml) carts, and takes standard 801 atomizers. They drip fine, they top off fine, the battery's bigger than most cig-style ecigs (250mAh), so lasts longer. There are some concerns about atomizer reliability, but bestecig.com's work for me (avoid Eastmall's though - you'll be lucky to get more than a week out of them!)

Of course, you'll have to get a screwdriver as well. They're compulsory.
But for regular everyday easy smoking, it's got to be the minipipe.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
minipipe - definitely. It easily rivals the screwdriver for vapour production, runs cooler so no harsh flavours, large capacity (1.1ml) carts, and takes standard 801 atomizers. They drip fine, they top off fine, the battery's bigger than most cig-style ecigs (250mAh), so lasts longer. There are some concerns about atomizer reliability, but bestecig.com's work for me (avoid Eastmall's though - you'll be lucky to get more than a week out of them!)

Of course, you'll have to get a screwdriver as well. They're compulsory.
But for regular everyday easy smoking, it's got to be the minipipe.

I would also say the mini-pipe is great...Ideal to carry around and use anywhere....unfortunately it's true the atomizers are a problem, they are brilliant for a few days and then it just gets harder and harder to get a good vape from them. If I can find a way to solve that I will be very happy.

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland
I see that no-one's mentioned the Titan - Scott gave it a pretty good review. I'm holding back to see how the Prodigy turns out (especially price-wise :oops: ), but the Titan does look like a big improvement on the Mini 901.

scylla...

I bought a Titan as well as the Evo and I rate the EVO much better. The Evo seems much better built, is more compact and gives a better throat hit.

The Titan just didn't feel right for me. Also the cartridges on the Titan have quite sharp edges - not sharp enough to cut your lips but just not comfortable either. The Titan does produce a great amount of vapour but then again so does the EVO.

The Titan certainly did not feel very "manly". I ended up giving it to my sister.

Kula.

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
I haven't tried the EVO, although I have heard many good reports about it. I started with the DSE901 which has a fantastic flavour hit, but its battery life leaves a lot to be desired. After that I moved on to the Titan, which is just the Joye 510, same as the DURA C and the Yeti.

Although it does lack in the flavour stakes, it is such an easy vape, with as you say, lots of vapour, and with a manual battery and PCC is simply superb.

My next will be the JantyStick, which I am so excited about, and can't wait to try.

I have only been vaping for two months, and note that everyone has different ideas of what they enjoy. I have just ordered the Screwdriver for hubby as his 901 was just eating batteries, and he doesn't like the Titan at all, so its horses for courses isn't it.

I wish the e-cigar had a bit more technical back up and replaceable atomisers. The cart size is great, the create a lot of vape and the batteries last reasonably well but the unit is almost stand-alone in terms of "spares".

If anyone has an old one that still works but they no longer use maybe we could do a deal? I'd like to try a couple of mods.

Last edited:

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Hey Prof, nice to see you... well it would be, if I could...hahaha

Yes it was partly due to your recommendation that I ordered the Screwdriver for hubby, and yes, he does love it, and like you he has lots of spare atomisers from his 901 and mine, although he isnt keen on using my pink ones.... cant think why !

I finally found full contentment with the Titan, now that I am plugged into the mains...

The pass through is a good idea, however it lacked something when plugged into the USB of my laptop, but now Im vaping 13 amps, all is fine..lol

Scylla, I am confident the JantyStick will be fantastic !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread