Clearance Juice, Bad stock sold to unsuspecting customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Buyer beware!

I placed an order with The Vapor Room, I purchased one of the flavors of the week which is a great deal at 30 ml for $10. I saw their tab for "clearance juice" it said it was a pre made juice, which was pre made by their supplier, at 30 ml for $6 another great deal, so I purchased Strawberry. When I got my order, the TVR stuff smelled like flowers. I e-mailed them, I was told their juice needed to steep, the embarrassing part was it said it right on the web site. My Bad

As time went by, all of the juice made by TVR was great, except the premixed strawberry one it didn't smell like strawberry, it smelled like strong tobacco I hate the tobacco flavors. I emailed them again, telling them that I believe it was mislabeled because it clearly WAS tobacco flavored. I was upset when I was told its a brand that is mixed with tobacco, and in time the tobacco overpowers any flavor it is mixed with. I went on the site again to see if ANY of this information was present NOPE!! Nowhere did it say it was tobacco flavored base. IMO it's clearly its tobacco flavoring is something that should be mention. I expect if I buy a juice that says strawberry for it to be strawberry not "tobacco" strawberry.

I was told at 30 ml for $6 is an insane price (only $4 more than the juice of the week) I felt like I was being told "what did you expect for that price" I expected strawberry, thats what it was advertised as so thats what I expected, NOT strawberry tobacco, thats so old the strawberry was overpowered by the tobacco flavor. It's NOT An INSANE DEAL when you get something you would have NEVER ordered.

Clearly, it should be mentioned that it is a tobacco based juice flavored with strawberry, They are trying to recover some of their cost by selling it on clearance, I understand that, yet, if it is so bad why sell it at all to your customers? give it as a freebie, don't be ambiguous just to get rid of it $6 is allot to pay for something that you have to throw out. The worse part is I really love their juice, but I don't care for this type of practice, oh well, lots of juice makers out there. PS I'll just give it to the Emergency needs people, I know allot of people do like tobacco flavor juice.....

Last edited:

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
My grandpappy used to tell me anything that sounds too good to be true probably is.

Buyer beware; you don't always get what you pay for but you always pay for what you get. One way or another.

I don't disagree with your point about disclosure but rarely will a supplier in any industry say "buy this sub-standard product"; they just discount the hell out of it and hope it sells.

jackoboy82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Wrexham, UK
well my experience with buying clearance juice isn't the best. I got eggnog 11mg 10ml for 98p (65cents).............it was vile! it had a label on it from when it was made and when it expired, 2 years ago it was made!

any ways sorry to hear about your bad experience, I to dislike the tobacco flavours and would have gone nuts.........especially as I love strawberry. just a thought but maybe you could put it for sale on the classifieds to re-coup some money :)

JudgeVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
D.C./Maryland
I don't disagree with your point about disclosure but rarely will a supplier in any industry say "buy this sub-standard product"; they just discount the hell out of it and hope it sells.

That's not how the law works. Clearance items are generally those that someone made or bought too many of, those that closer to end of expiration than they should sell new (in which case they should disclose that), or those that are or will be soon replaced with a newer model. Knowingly selling a mislabeled/mis-represented product, even on "clearance", is consumer fraud and is not legal.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Valid point about over-stock and typical clearance sales but how the law works law has little to do with it unless you litigate which is usually cost-prohibitive for the average consumer, especially when you're talking about a $6.50 bottle of expired (and therefore, sub-standard) e-liquid.

Failure to disclose a product is near or past its expiration date isn't necessarily the same as mis-labeling but could be construed as misrepresentation.

We've all "bought lessons" in the course of our lives and therefore, the money wasn't wasted. Unless I suppose, we failed to learn from those lessons. In those case, we've no one to blame but ourselves. You, know the whole "fool me once" concept.

DarkriftX

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
Queen Creek Arizona
That's not how the law works. Clearance items are generally those that someone made or bought too many of, those that closer to end of expiration than they should sell new (in which case they should disclose that), or those that are or will be soon replaced with a newer model. Knowingly selling a mislabeled/mis-represented product, even on "clearance", is consumer fraud and is not legal.

The problem is that they did not mislabel it. It was labeled as "Strawberry flavor" and if it has strawberry flavoring in it, its correct. It is not against the law to leave stuff out or else ice cream would be labeled "Strawberry seaweed with milk and fat ice cream" instead of just "Strawberry Ice Cream". When you order clearance, always consider it a donation so you are not disappointed when it becomes so.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
I am not trying to be rude but your use of commas after every 3-6 words almost made me dizzy when reading your post. Try to use them a little more sparingly and throw some periods in more often.

No rudeness perceived. I appreciate the tip and I'm a big fan of hyperbole. Very nicely done.

I did errantly place one comma and perhaps one that was unnecessary. I'll stop there as contnuing would require the addition of more commas. :)

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
I purchased one of the flavors of the week, which is a great deal at 30 ml for $10.

where did you find their flavor of the week? I don't even see where liquid is sold on their site....I see the clearance liquid and on their home page a "Three - 30ml deal", but I don't see where a single bottle can be sold??? Most sites...you know....have a tab for e-liquid....am I blind and don't see it?

now...OT....I have bought clearance juice in the past (from other vendors)...sometimes you get good stuff...sometimes not....but since I DIY also, I can usually salvage the not so good stuff (at least flavor wise;))

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
I am not trying to be rude but your use of commas after every 3-6 words almost made me dizzy when reading your post. Try to use them a little more sparingly and throw some periods in more often.

You, can, always pm someone, with info like that, so as not to try, and make, them look, silly, on an, open forum.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Brought to you buy the People's Liberation Association Of Commas.

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you all, I think I will give it to someone in emergency needs, making sure THEY know it is "Tobacco based Strawberry Flavored" juice. I did send an e-mail to the company, I wasn't pleased at the response, I was told it was a Dakang juice, and that because of the lack of true flavor it was put on clearance, that "Most of the Chinese liquid has a tobacco flavor to it, that over time seems to over power the regular flavor". I have vaped these Chinese liquids and never had this problem. Just because something is on clearance doesn't mean something has to be wrong with it. I just think they should have mentioned the "other" flavor, clearly something is wrong with it, something I personally would NEVER sell to customers. Just the other day I saw juice on clearance, the company put a comment on each WHY it was discounted, for example "it is labeled butter rum, but we think it taste more like butterscotch" NOW to me this says volumes! It's was after seeing that, I decided to write this.

Last edited:

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was taught if you want the reader to pause, you put a comma. I call people who correct a persons spelling in public the "Spelling Police" I must agree, it's not nice.
You, can, always pm someone, with info like that, so as not to try, and make, them look, silly, on an, open forum.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Brought to you buy the People's Liberation Association Of Commas.

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think you might be on a different site. The Vapor Room.net | Vaporize Nicotine | E Cig Atomizers try under this :)

where did you find their flavor of the week? I don't even see where liquid is sold on their site....I see the clearance liquid and on their home page a "Three - 30ml deal", but I don't see where a single bottle can be sold??? Most sites...you know....have a tab for e-liquid....am I blind and don't see it?

now...OT....I have bought clearance juice in the past (from other vendors)...sometimes you get good stuff...sometimes not....but since I DIY also, I can usually salvage the not so good stuff (at least flavor wise;))

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I have had a couple issues with TVR and they were very quick to remedy those issues. They have great juice at a reasonable price. Try using the PIF section in this forum and trade it for some thing you will enjoy.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Just please, if you do use the PIF subforum-- don't use it as a dumping ground for bad juice. Please be honest about *why* you might be trading.

Note: (I am NOT saying that you would. Just that it has been done in the past)
Thanks!

Sent from my pod

(and no, I'm not the "pif police") :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread