First MTL juice for analoggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkSkylark

Apr 10, 2019
I'm considering getting my neighbors this Justfog Minifit as a gift. $12.59 Authentic JUSTFOG MINIFIT 370mAh Starter Kit - 1.5ml / 1.6ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
They have tried Blu cigalikes from Walgreens in the past and didn't like them enough to give up the cancer sticks. I told them that's common and Blu's aren't the best representation of all the vaping world has to offer.

If I get them this Minifit, what would be a good juice to go with it? I'm thinking Classic tobacco by I Love Salts at 50mg nicotine. I Love Salts Classic Tobacco E-Juice 30ml
Is 50mg too strong, or just right for the small amount of MTL vapor this unit likely produces? I don't smoke and don't vape regularly but love some flavors like strawberry waffle and mocha latte. I can't stand tobacco flavors but it is likely the best to help analoggers make the transition, correct?

Reactions: stols001

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I'm considering getting my neighbors this Justfog Minifit as a gift. $12.59 Authentic JUSTFOG MINIFIT 370mAh Starter Kit - 1.5ml / 1.6ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
They have tried Blu cigalikes from Walgreens in the past and didn't like them enough to give up the cancer sticks. I told them that's common and Blu's aren't the best representation of all the vaping world has to offer.

If I get them this Minifit, what would be a good juice to go with it? I'm thinking Classic Tobacco by I Love Salts at 50mg nicotine. I Love Salts Classic Tobacco E-Juice 30ml
Is 50mg too strong, or just right for the small amount of MTL vapor this unit likely produces? I don't smoke and don't vape regularly but love some flavors like strawberry waffle and mocha latte. I can't stand tobacco flavors but it is likely the best to help analoggers make the transition, correct?

My quitting juice was Eclipse by Space Jam, and I still think it's one of the best sweet tobaccco's to help get their fix to start. Not a salt, but gives that throat hit at 12mg or 18mg.

There are some sweeter ones that are just as good though, worth looking at some recent threads here on the topic. I have the I Love Salts, and it's not bad, but eh, just alright in my book. Obviously subjective though. I would go with VCT by Ripe Vapes if you're gonna go Salt.

And just to say out loud, I feel like a minifit is a bit wide open of a draw for a cig smoker. I don't have one, but just based on what I know. I think there are some better newer pods that might do the job better that will give that tight draw. The blues kinda suck cause there's so low wattage, but I think that draw is about right. Just my unsolicited 2 cents ;) But I guess you could help them with it if you have a minifit, which would be helpful.

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I won't recommend any particular flavor or e-liquid because flavors are so subjective and personal, but I also never recommend a tobacco flavor to a new vaper. To do so would be just setting them up for unrealistic expectations.

Why You Don't Need an E-Liquid that Tastes Like Cigarettes

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Some folks love the tobacco flavors but there are no tobacco flavors that taste like smoking a cig. At best, they taste like drawing on an unlit cigarette or even chewing tobacco, and most will have vanilla, caramel or a host of other flavorings added. My quitting juice was a fruit cereal flavor. Everybody's tastes are different and it takes a fair amount of trying as many different flavors as you can get hold of to see what tastes best. Cereal and dessert flavors do it for me. And just as important, if your friends are coming off cigs, mtl users can start fairly high nicotine strength, 18 to 24mg is a good general starting point for moderate to heavy smokers.

Ionori

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2017
    I quit smoking 2 packs a day with a few small sample bottles of 12mg fruity juices and a clearomizer donated by my friends. Never got into tobacco juices, found them absolutely disgusting the last time I tried them. Maybe you could give your neighbor some juice samples from your collection so that he can figure out if he likes them, then he can get the right nic strength if yours doesn't match.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2018
    Juul's mint is what I used to quit. I also liked their Tobacco and Mango but 99% of the time I chose mint. I didn't smoke menthol cigarettes so it was unexpected. I thought I'd like the tobacco the best but it tastes nothing like smoking tobacco. And without the cooling effect of mint, other flavors felt like I wasn't inhaling anything. I had a terrible time trying to find a comparable mint flavor in bottles. I find most commercial eliquid extremely over flavored and over sweetened so I make my own.

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I was far too particular about my cigarettes, I could not smoke any brands aside from Camel or Marlboro reds. I’d go without first. So I knew there was no way any tobacco flavored juice was going to suit me

Same for most of the other quitters I know. I liked French vanilla, my sil started off with caramel, my husband with coffee.

Some of my younger relatives went for the candy/bakery type stuff but I think only my mil and my nephew liked tobacco.

So you might tell them about a few different things, and see what they think. They’ll likely have no idea there are so many options.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    The only tobacco juice that I would consider now would be something sweet, with caramel and vanilla notes like Halo Tribeca. Even then, if you are looking for a true tobacco flavor that tastes like a cigarette, please let us know when you find it 'cause we've been looking for years.

MarkSkylark

Apr 10, 2019
    Some folks love the tobacco flavors but there are no tobacco flavors that taste like smoking a cig. At best, they taste like drawing on an unlit cigarette or even chewing tobacco, and most will have vanilla, caramel or a host of other flavorings added. My quitting juice was a fruit cereal flavor. Everybody's tastes are different and it takes a fair amount of trying as many different flavors as you can get hold of to see what tastes best. Cereal and dessert flavors do it for me. And just as important, if your friends are coming off cigs, mtl users can start fairly high nicotine strength, 18 to 24mg is a good general starting point for moderate to heavy smokers.

Agreed. A smoker might think they would like tobacco flavor best, but that's rarely the case. I'm now leaning towards Om Vapor's Fruity Cereal salt nic juice, 10mL of 48mg for $2.99 + $5.99 S&H. Fruity Cereal Nic Salt E-Juice | Divine COPYRIGHTDMCA Salts for use in a Justfog Minifit
    Maybe you could give your neighbor some juice samples from your collection so that he can figure out if he likes them, then he can get the right nic strength if yours doesn't match.
    Heh, but I don't smoke or vape so don't have a collection. I got my grandfather into vaping back around 2010, and I did some vaping myself, so I understand the differences in flavors and PG/VG and throat hit etc., but I never vaped habitually and after he passed away I stopped looking at vape gear and juices. I just try to help non-internet-savvy smokers start out on the right foot. Because without Google-fu, they tend to end up with Blu cigalike type devices, are unsatisfied, and decide vapings not for them. If they could get the right device and right juice on the first try, it would make the transition a lot easier/faster. There are some local brick 'n mortar shops now, when there were very few if any, anywhere, back in 2010, but B&M prices can still make trial and error a costly process. It helps to research and shop online.

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    The only tobacco juice that I would consider now would be something sweet, with caramel and vanilla notes like Halo Tribeca. Even then, if you are looking for a true tobacco flavor that tastes like a cigarette, please let us know when you find it 'cause we've been looking for years.
    At this point, i would not even consider a juice that tasted exactly like a burning cigarette. Cant stand the taste or smell now that ive gotten away from them.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    At this point, i would not even consider a juice that tasted exactly like a burning cigarette. Cant stand the taste or smell now that ive gotten away from them.

Understood, but I still love smoking. I'd go back full-time in a heartbeat if there was a safe cigarette.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Everyone's different. A small sample pack of eliquids in different strengths, and yes, if you must include a high nic salt in there, fine.

I agree that the trend is not so much to ALWAYS start smokers off with tobacco. Even my husband is not so into tobacco any more, I gave him all my juice wins (too much PG I am sensitive) and he is discovering he likes it better.

Don't go nuts with the salts on that sucker, maybe 35--40 range?

Also while it is nice you are spending time with this neighbor, remember he has to buy in. I have done everything short of promising my husband he can have an affair, LOL, no consequences if he quit. He still smokes.

But. he's dual using so that's progress. We'll see.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread