Clearo or tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

molli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
I recently bought a 900mAh starter kit which came with two clearos. Now that all my juice has steeped and is vapable, Two clearos are NOT enough!! I need to get 'more', but am not sure if I should go with more clearos or get tanks. I was thinking at least one tank for my 'all day' vape. Advice is welcomed including what types (vivi nova, Kanger, etc) This kit is ego/501 threaded. I also discovered that just because something says its a 501/808 adapter its not necessarily true if you get it from the place that sells proprietary cig alikes...it works on THEIR batteries, but not 'standard' ones...threading is just that little bit off...as I found out this morning trying to use my new dripping atty with their batteries....:mad:

ShayBabe15

Moved On
Jan 29, 2013
Well, you have the new Pyrex Glass tanks..They are pretty pricey though, but well worth the money and easy to set up, made for juice that are known to kill tanks- New! Pyrex Glass Tanks For Your Ecig

This one is plastic, it is not rebuildable, lasts forever and great with citrus juice IMO- Gun Meatal Artemas Locking 510 DCT, Clear

THIS tank is probably your best bet- 505 TANK

As with anything, research around, test the waters.
Any tanks with the name of; Boro, Pyrex, Schott, Lab Glass, Gorilla Glass, etc.. They're the strongest and pretty much thee best tanks ever.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
I am guessing you have eGo style/sized batteries. If this is the case you will have a tough time finding glass tanks to match the diameter of your battery. There is one I know of but it is not inexpensive. ElectronicStix.Com · Titanide Cartomizer Tank Most other glass tanks will be obviously larger than the battery. The Artemas and UDCT tanks a re nice and cones are available for both the large and the slim to match the eGo battery.

I don't care for clearo for the most part but I do like the EVOD BCC. Kanger eGo 2.4ml EVOD MT BCC Cartomizer- New Colors These work very well on the eGo sized batteries and have replaceable head units.

yellowrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
MN
meh.. guys and clearos really do not work, if your a guy who put them in your pant pocket. Pretty hard to carry in your ear.. You will have leaky clearos everytime from them being bent while in your pocket or get to view the internals of your ego batteries.. I think ladies with purses do better since it does not take the pocket abuse as the guys do.
Evod, t3's is not bliss either.. they flood and leak like .... if you leave them at weird angles. And the juice always ends up in your mouth, menthol is gross when you literary taste the juice in your mouth . Have had bad luck with 3.7v with these, decent clouds at 4 volts but nothing special.

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
YOU SEXIST PIG. lol jk.

I'm a guy. I use clearomizers. I gave the kanger T3 a try recently anddddd its pretty awesome.
Its probably the best commercially available type of head for your battery out there.
I didn't like it at 1st because it was flooding but you learn work arounds for the flooding.
If a kanger T3 floods you just tip it upside down and vape so no more liquid enters the coil housing.
When no liquid is able to enter the coil housing and you vape the excess liquid, it goes back to vaping great.

I also like vivi novas, but, (i cautiously say this because I only have 1 T3 and limited experience with it..)
the Kanger T3 is definitely quickly taking 1st place between my many vivi novas and it.
The head has lasted me a pretty long time compared to the vivi nova heads. Vapor + TH is great.

So I definitely recommend the T3. For clearomizer. For a new vaper. For experienced vapers. Its great.
Vivi novas are good but I always have to "mod" them a bit for them to work well. Even then...
Tipping them is more a hassle than avoiding and troubleshooting the flooding of the T3.

ShayBabe15

Moved On
Jan 29, 2013
Oh man, I must be one of those weird people who don't mind the taste of the actual juice..I love menthol taste.
I really don't mind if I get splash up's(I guess that would be related to flooding, but it has never been bad and goes away). I have never had a problem with my clearo's leaking of flooding..

We all just have different experiences;)

meh.. guys and clearos really do not work, if your a guy who put them in your pant pocket. Pretty hard to carry in your ear.. You will have leaky clearos everytime from them being bent while in your pocket or get to view the internals of your ego batteries.. I think ladies with purses do better since it does not take the pocket abuse as the guys do.
Evod, t3's is not bliss either.. they flood and leak like .... if you leave them at weird angles. And the juice always ends up in your mouth, menthol is gross when you literary taste the juice in your mouth . Have had bad luck with 3.7v with these, decent clouds at 4 volts but nothing special.

pcrdude

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2013
Another vote for kanger T3/MT3/EVOD. I have a dozen T3/MT3, and two EVODs and they work extremely well for me.

For guys carrying in the pocket, use an Altoids tin:

A2326E5C-0479-401B-BED9-FDB40714307E-13212-00000170A5B40BCA_zps45d29614.jpg

molli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
Thank you everyone. I"ve been bookmarking like crazy. :) In the meantime I went for 'cheap' and got these
eGo 3ml Metal Bottom Coil Clearomizer
along with some replacement wicks. That way I'm not out a whole lot of money while I save up for glass tanks :) And 'bulk buying' like that won't get me in trouble with hubby....lol. I got the multi pack

Last edited:

molli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
Hi Molli,

I'm glad you found some clearos.. I hope they work well for you. I'm excited to try out the new Kanger Protank coming soon. Check out Pbusardo's video review of it. Hope all is well :)

I will. :) Just need to replenish the vape money. I told hubby we should break even next week, since I'm good on juice for now...that was before I got these clearos...lol, but total was less than a carton of analogs so.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread