Clearomiser problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

barryd

Mar 27, 2013
North Yorkshire
Hello

I have bought various cheap clearomisers off ebay recently and I have 5 different batteries. What seems to happen is I fill up a new clearomiser and its fine at first but very quickly I notice condensation build up in the tank and much more resistance when vaping. They also start to gurgle as well despite me being careful not to flood the wick. I always keep them stood up.

Is it just a case of me using cheap (5 for a fiver) clearomisers off ebay? What would you recommend?

They have always been fine in the past, but the last two batches I have had have been like this.

If someone can point me to some on ebay that are better I would appreciate it or is it something else?

Thanks

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi @barryd I have some links that may help you shop for some decent quality vape products.

UK
UK Forum | E-Cigarette Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
Myepack.co.uk
E-cigarette/E-liquid Vendors List + discount codes | ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK
UK and Ireland Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

I haven't heard of many people with great success buying off ebay. I went thru a bunch of el cheapo clearomizers before I found ECF, and upgraded my gear immediately. I would highly suggest getting a glass tank/clearomizer where you can replace the coils easily and inexpensively.

I recommend an iStick 30 watt battery and the Nautilus Mini to people vaping with gear like yours, but there are many other options available if you desire to take a step at a time or money is an issue. Look for a glass tank made by Aspire or Kanger, they are the most popular.

Good luck in your journey.

barryd

Mar 27, 2013
North Yorkshire
Thanks for the reply. Will have a look at Aspire and Kanger. Could the battery be making a difference. Again cheap CE4 batteries off ebay. I had a couple of Innokin Itastes in the past which were quite a bit more money but didnt last very long. The collection of cheap CE4 batteries I have had off ebay have been fine though. Maybe the battery side of things is improving I dont know.

I think I just need a better clearomizer.

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
Hello

I have bought various cheap clearomisers off ebay recently and I have 5 different batteries. What seems to happen is I fill up a new clearomiser and its fine at first but very quickly I notice condensation build up in the tank and much more resistance when vaping. They also start to gurgle as well despite me being careful not to flood the wick. I always keep them stood up.

Is it just a case of me using cheap (5 for a fiver) clearomisers off ebay? What would you recommend?

They have always been fine in the past, but the last two batches I have had have been like this.

If someone can point me to some on ebay that are better I would appreciate it or is it something else?

Thanks
If they've been fine in the past, what has changed? Is it hotter where you are? I assume you have bottom coil clearos in which case standing them upright would increase you chance of flooding. Try keeping them upside down instead.

barryd

Mar 27, 2013
North Yorkshire
If they've been fine in the past, what has changed? Is it hotter where you are? I assume you have bottom coil clearos in which case standing them upright would increase you chance of flooding. Try keeping them upside down instead.

This type of thing. 10 x CLEAR=ATOMIZER=CLEAROMIZER=ATOMISER=CLEAROMISER=TANKS= E SHISHA | eBay If you turn them the other way round the liquid comes out, we must be talking about different things. Nothings changed but just the last few have been like this.

I solved the clearo problem long ago .... I quit buying them ;)

What did you buy instead?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Agree with the above suggestions. Generally speaking, the more expensive clearos will offer a better vape with replaceable coil heads and adjustable air control. Something like an Aspire Nautilus Mini or Kanger Aerotank.

You also may improve your luck if you change your vaping technique. A longer, slower, gentler draw will be less likely to flood your clearomizer.

barryd

Mar 27, 2013
North Yorkshire
UPDATE

The Kanger Evod Glass tank arrived today and I have been using it all day. Its a massive improvement although I forgot to tip it upside down when I was topping it up (Used to top fillers) and all the remaining liquid fell out all over me. :D

Will see how well it lasts. I presume I can now just buy the bottom bit (atomiser / coil) now is that correct? How do you know when they need replacing?

Thanks for all the help.

barryd

Mar 27, 2013
North Yorkshire
It must be me. I bought a set of 10 coils for this new tank as the original 1.5ohm coil was ok but going through liquid really quickly and no or little Resistance so I went for some 2.2 ohms coils. Worked ok at first but now I am back to square one. Bubbling away just like the old clearomizers and not a good a hit. It was perfect all last night and then today just the same as the cheap clearomizers. In fact ive gone back to a couple of old top fill clearomizers with a wick which still seem to work.

Seems to me whatever you buy with this stuff its just hit and miss. Would be cheaper and easier just to go out and buy a packet of fags!

TFL!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Chatfield, MN, USA
Every tank that has a atomizer that has a hole in the bottom pin, will get a little liquid a drop or 2 on top of the battery.
All mine do. Just clean it off and go on vapin. Make sure the atomizer is seated firmly in the base.
If you get bubbles of air from the atomizer that is normal. Take less strong draws on it slow and easy, and give the liquid a chance to wick.
you will get it in time.

Reactions: KattMamma
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread