Clearomizer - Burnt Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWG707

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2011
CA
I found out that these must be primed well before you hit them. You need to take the plastic washers out until you can see the top of the wicking thread, then just put one or two small drops of juice right on top of the threads. I had the same burnt taste going on before I did this, now none at all. This really did the trick, now these are producing huge clouds of vapor with very good flavor. I'm sold on these now.

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
When I get that burnt feeling, I flush them with water, syringe thru the battery side hole, good 3 to 6 times. Also use the needle to scrape the wick in the cup and reflush. Get a lot black flacks off and the burnt taste is gone. I'm starting to use the clear one and have yet to get the burnt taste, but I also make sure to quite before all the juice is used up.

ok, im pretty new so please bear with me. i purchased some clearomizers from myecigstore.com or something like that and i found that no matter which juice i put in, they all begin to have the same taste. i call it that clearomiser taste. not really burnt but not very awesome. so, me being the dumb noob that i am just purchased some of the new fluxomiser ce-2x from gotvapes.com because for some reason i thought they would be different. did i just blow my money? is that burnt taste what im calling the clearomiser taste?

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
ok, im pretty new so please bear with me. i purchased some clearomizers from myecigstore.com or something like that and i found that no matter which juice i put in, they all begin to have the same taste. i call it that clearomiser taste. not really burnt but not very awesome. so, me being the dumb noob that i am just purchased some of the new fluxomiser ce-2x from gotvapes.com because for some reason i thought they would be different. did i just blow my money? is that burnt taste what im calling the clearomiser taste?

I love the clearomizers. Take all of the silicone rings out of it. The one that covers the cup can be a PITA to get out so take your time. ..it will come loose eventually. Take a pair of really pointy scissors and clip the wick openings a little bigger. Fill it up, prime the wick with a drop or 2, replace the rings, and vape. Remember to tip it up once in awhile to keep the wick wet. They still don't feed as the manufacturer claims so you have to help them a little. Also, remember that they lower the ohm rating, the hotter they burn which can lead to burnt juice. I have a Buzz set at 4.5v and only use 3.0-3.2ohm clearomizers. For eGo's, you want to try to stay with 2.8ohm to get the best flavor and vapor. Like anything that you buy, they are a love or hate item. If you don't like them, I would recommend Boge brand cartomizers.

craig armstrong

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Newberg OR
I've been using the 901 clearomiser. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and I think this is the one to stick with. It tends to taste a little burnt when it dries out so I'll take a few strong draws and that seems to saturate it past the burnt taste. Occasionally I'll clean it by taking a tooth pick and plug the hole on the bottom. Then fill the chamber with juice (water removes taste) until its covered, then with my Jewelers flat tipped screwdriver (1mm) I'll scrape off the buildup then just blow out the blackened juice and done. Burnt taste is gone for quite awhile and it tastes great!

Last edited:

Corncob

Nov 27, 2011
my computer chair
I'm new to all this. I'm using my new clearomizer, on my ~30th puff now. Of the first 10, every other puff was horrible. Now I take 2 quick dry cigar puffs every couple big draws, and it works great. If I always draw really hard on it, I don't need to dry puff.

I guess this primes it or keeps the wick moist? I dunno but it's working great now.

edit: Just checked - the hit right after one long slow hit tastes like crap. Draw fast and it tastes great every time. If you do draw slow and/or your draw is really tight from your 510 connection, dry puff in between hits to keep it tasting good. This is working for me, hope it helps someone.

Last edited:

mikeinbc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2012
Chilliwack, BC, CA
I've been using the Fluxo's for about ten days. Actually, I'm still using the first one. Take all three seals out. The inner seal is the most difficult to remove. Do not touch the wick when removing the inner seal. Do not reinsert the inner seal. Use the middle oring as the new inner. Place it in the fluxo flat side down. Finish the mod by inserting either the outer seal or a drip tip into the tube. No leaks, no burnt taste, and awesome vape. If it gets dry, just turn it upside down.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Like anything that you buy, they are a love or hate item.

None of my clearomizers received a Valentine from me!
shakehead.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread