Clearomizer info plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Modesto, CA, USA
Confused noob here...I have several eGo batts, a couple Kanger T2s, some Boge carts and then today I fell for a sale on an eGo kit that has two batts, two clearos, a charger, and some other stuff. For someone who's only been at this for a month I feel like I already have a slightly uncomfortable amount of gear. My biggest questions have to do with clearos. I thought the guy at the store told me the ones in the kit were C6s and rebuildable. I can see from the photos at various websites that they're not C6s. They're rebuildable as far as removing the wick holder, but the coil is still down in the tank and I don't see any way of getting it out. Also the wicks are very short - there is a ring or shelf around the middle of the cart inside that prevents using a longer wick. I'm trying to figure it all out.

Is there a resource at ECF that shows photos of various clearos side by side so that one can identify specifically what they have, and is there a comparison chart anywhere or discussion of the pros and cons of the various types? The site is so vast that I don't always find the search feature very useful, and the other thing that confuses me is the liberal use of abbreviations that I don't yet understand.

A lot of this info will clear itself up as I climb the learning curve. In the meanwhile, I'm trying to get the best set of equipment I can on a budget. I'd appreciate any clarification from the more experienced vapers, or maybe just a link to some visual references.

EDIT: I called the guy back and he told me the clearos are CE7s. Looking at websites that doesn't look right to me, either. As long as they work I'm happy, but since these are rebuildable I want to understand what I'm doing. Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Different Chinese manufacturer and venders use different CE# or other names to distinguish them from the rest. You can go to albaba and search for it, but it would be easier if you upload picture which will give us a good idea of how it work. In general though, all top coil functions alike (e.g. CEs, ViviNova).

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I really feel your pain!
The learning curve for the best vape for you can be a frustrating and expensive one...
I've lost count of the clearos, cartos, and PV's I've bought only to find out they don't live up
to the reviews.
Possibly posting pics of the CE's you bought someone could identify.
Good luck on your journey, it does get better!:vapor:

Dave L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Modesto, CA, USA
Good luck on your journey, it does get better!:vapor:

Don't misunderstand me: it's already awesome!!! My wife and I walked away from a 45-year, PAD habit in about 15 minutes. That's about as close to a miracle as anything I've seen in my time on this earth. Water to wine? Yeah, whatever.

Ang-EC

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
East Coast Canada
They're rebuildable as far as removing the wick holder, but the coil is still down in the tank and I don't see any way of getting it out.
I think this may be the part that has people curious.
The coil is wrapped around the wick so it's confusing that you can remove the wick holder and not the coil.

As a couple of people have mentioned, a photo would clear this up instantly. :)

Dave L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Modesto, CA, USA
clearos.jpg

The one on the left is the one I'm curious about. When I pull out the head, it LOOKS like there's a coil (or something) left in the bottom part. This is the one I was told is CE7. I don't care for it much because the very short wick is at the top, and when I've vaped past that level I have to keep tipping it to get the wick wet again.

The one on the right is a T2 (I think). Works great.

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio

mainevaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2013
maine
View attachment 192303

The one on the left is the one I'm curious about. When I pull out the head, it LOOKS like there's a coil (or something) left in the bottom part. This is the one I was told is CE7. I don't care for it much because the very short wick is at the top, and when I've vaped past that level I have to keep tipping it to get the wick wet again.

The one on the right is a T2 (I think). Works great.

They both look like kanger t2's to me... But I dont own a t2 so cannot say for sure.

Dave L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Modesto, CA, USA
At this point I'm completely disgusted with the CEs. I spend more time cleaning them than vaping them, and they flood again within a minute or two. If I unscrew one from the battery and set it aside, there is always a pool of liquid on whatever surface they're on. I called the B&M where I bought them, and although the guy said I'm the only one who's complained, he offered to swap them out for me. From now on though, I'm sticking with Kangers. My T2s are awesome. The CEs are garbage as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread